Drone camera rolls left very slowly left with no user input

Thanks, yes exactly, its a real pain.

I thought it was me who messed up with the camera controls.

The drone camera has been doing that since SU5 I think. It tilts over time, though Iā€™m not 100% certain what drives it.

1 Like

Lookā€™s like a ā€œrollā€ value not set to 0.0 for the entry in the scene.

1 Like

So you think it might be cumulative? As in you activate the drone multiple times, and you view rotates a tiny bit each time.

Yes, I have noticed this also. I think pressing the spacebar is the quickest way to ā€œfixā€ it, though you may have to readjust your camera a bit.

This has been an issue for longer than that. It seems to be more prevalent the farther you are from the equator. More annoying when much further from equator, especially on long (6+ hour flights) as Iā€™ve seen the horizon shift can exceed 120 degrees. Iā€™ve switched back to drone views that are totally inverted.:flushed: usually if an hour or so had gone by and a large distance from equator. Yes a simple hit of the space bar does the trick to fix it but this drone view (as all views) should remain stable just like the cockpit view does.:man_shrugging:t3: It somehow maintains the position relative to front/backā€¦ so why should it rotate off the horizon?

Just another bug that has not been address in many updates. Maybe someday.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

The list of fixed bugs for the next release is impressive ā€¦

ā€¦ but it seems to me like this ā€œdrone cam rollā€ issue is not on the list.
Anybody using the SU6 beta who could confirm that it actually is fixed?

1 Like

Unfortunately under terms of beta programme they probably canā€™t comment. So no answer doesnā€™t have to mean no hope! Fingers crossed!

Ah ā€¦ you are right ā€¦ I forgot about the NDA part of the beta.

So let`s wait and see ā€¦ and reset the roll as usual. :slight_smile:

Hope itā€™s fixed in SU6

Well folks - unless Iā€™m deluded - itā€™s ā€œrock and NO rollā€!!! SU6 seems to have sorted the issue. I parked my aircraft on the ground, went and did a few things around the house and up is still up. So it looks like they sorted the issue - phew, what a relief. Letā€™s hope that after the nemesis of the Xbox release they can keep control of their software. I agree with their last thoughts spoken on a broadcast thingy - do a few pure bug fix releases over the next few Sim Updates; itā€™s nice to have new things but a good go at getting the bug count down will be good for all. Thank you Asobo for fixing this - at last.

1 Like

Itā€™s not fixed yet

:frowning: Weird: I left my camera fixed on the plane for 30 minutes at a gate and it didnā€™t move. Iā€™m now in mid-West USA (previously observed the problem when I was flying throughout Alaska). Does Latitude has an impact? Or has it changed slightly so that only if youā€™re moving the camera it goes. Iā€™ll do a long cruise whilst doing the ironing this weekend and see if it rolls.

Plane / camera might need to be moving for the roll to occur.

Correct.

There needs to be movement for the roll to occur.

The bug is still in SU6.

I confirm after a proper test flight :frowning:
Still the same problem.
Do we know if this is even on their radar?
Perhaps we could jump in at the next DEV ā€œpresentationā€ and mention it to see if they realise it is there and its impact if we get noticed in the Chat? Canā€™t see when next one is though.

Good question.

This bug is so ā€œin the faceā€ (like the tool bar line) ā€¦ and it seems to have even affected their ā€œwait while we load the simā€ landscapes ā€¦ that I would hope that someone at Asobo has seen it.

But I am not filing official (Zendesk) bugs ā€¦ so I do not know. The dev meeting also sounds like a really good idea ā€¦ but I do not watch those presentations.

Glad someone reported this. I am tired of fixing the camera position. This is the most annoying bug if you use the external camera at all. Camera should at least snap to the correct position. It most certainly drifts/rolls faster over time than it used to. Voted.

ā€œbug-loggedā€ ā€¦ indeed sounds like good news.