DX12 Issues - Weird Graphics Glitches, Stutters in Panning

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

I’ve been trying to test in DX12 as much as possible today, but there are constantly weird, random glitches. DLSS has been on in all instances.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

See below

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

They’re hard to repro 100% of the time, as they seem sporadic so far.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i9-12900k, DDR 5 32gb RAM, 3080 Ti

Are you using DX12?

Yes

Are you using DLSS? Yes, Performance

Are you using the multi monitor feature?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Just seen the giant colored trees while flying FL200 over UK (EGBB to EGPF). They appeared randomly just in front of windshield at some areas. Tested with DX12 and both TAA and DLSS Quality mode.

Cheers

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Glitches occur randomly and cannot be reproduced on purpose

Are you using DX12?

Yes

Are you using DLSS?

Occurs in DLSS and TAA

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

2 Likes

Just constant on DX12. :frowning:

3 Likes

Well, I don’t know about you, but I only do Betas because of the funny glitches :wink:

3 Likes

I can confirm this. I have the same issue.

1 Like

I’m seeing a lot of these. I’ve gone back to DX11.
It’s not DLSS related, it’s a DX12 issue.

Also, ReShade with DX12 causes MSFS to crash on launching because of the ReShade dll.

2 Likes

I use ReShade and no crash at launch. I’m not using the latest version. But this wouldn’t be a MS Asobo issue in any event, IMO.

Edit - @Sonicviz I am using ReShade version 5.0.2 if that helps.

Probably the version of ReShade I’m using, it’s an older one.
I’ll test it with an updated one later.

Woah… running dx12 here and tried TAA and DLSS and I don’t have any of these weird glitches as seen here. Very strange how it’s a hit or miss

1 Like

The only DX12 relevant setting I could imagine is ray tracing, even if not fully supported yet and even if it´s not directly linked to this type of rendering issues. For the time being I have enabled it in UserCfg.opt (Raytracing 1) and the problem is not reproduced anymore on my side. I have been testing it in random areas of the world and different weather/time of day. If the issue is still random this at least reduced its probability of occurance so far on my side because before I had it 100% of the times in my testing areas.

Could anyone else check it and report back? I will try to fly as much as possible today with this setting enabled and see it I get the errors anymore. No side effects detected so far after enabling it. I didn´t see giant trees nor water/terrain or cloud artifacts now.

Windows11 + 3080Ti with latest drivers + DX12 + TAA + HDR10 mode for my tests.

Cheers

I am getting this as well. Started when I switched to DX12.

1 Like

Anyone here with graphical glitches on displays when zoomed out? This is happening to me on both DX11 and 12.

2 Likes

I am also having issues with DX 12 (in DLSS or TAA)

Tried a few different combinations of the other graphic settings and cant get rid of it in DX 12.
This is on take off from Salt Lake.
Also ground perfropmance in DX12 is very bad for me - about 15-20 FPS, vs 35 to 40 FPS in air (I cap at 40)

Should say - it only seems to appear in the ext camera

4 Likes

“Inception”

3 Likes

So far DX12 has been unusable for me in VR. It’s an amusing collection of visual glitches paired with poor performance. I have an overclocking profile for my GPU, which I disabled just in case but I can still see the Elden Tree. Haven’t found the Elden Ring though

4 Likes

Hi all. I have great performance in dx12 on my 3090, far smoother and no studders like I had in SU9 on dx11. On many of the pics posted of folks having the visual artifacts and colored blotches in dx12, they all appear to be maxing out their vram (look at the vram usage on the dev mode fps charts). Dx12 uses meaningfully more vram than in dx11 from what I noticed, so you might be able to turn down a few graphics settings that are vram heavy (reflections and shadows) and then check vram usage in the dev mode fps charts to see if it helps get rid of the artifact I get. Worth a try to see if it helps. I feel like dx12 overall gives me much better smooth fps with no micro studders on the ground and in the air, but it’s clear it uses more vram and might need some graphics setting tweaks. In dx11 I was using maybe 7-9gb of vram, now I’m well over 10gb-12gb in some scenarios.

10 Likes

thanks for the info - i will give that a try.

Confirm also no issues on my 3090 with dx12. Very smooth for me in TAA

1 Like

I tried to put all settings related to shadows and reflections to off or the minimum. Apparently it is not solving the issue with the VRAM.
See below:

When the required VRAM goes below 7 GB I have great FPS. Around 40 or more. The issue of the drop of FPS comes normally together with the graphic glitches, so it seems to be a bug. Before SU10 I may had some drop of FPS in the same area and with the same aircraft, but never so dramatic and especially no glitches.

3 Likes