DX12 Issues - Weird Graphics Glitches, Stutters in Panning

That’s a leak of the new Avatar DLC they are working on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am having some LOD artifacting/popping in DX12 and I will now try disabling HAGS to see if that changes anything.

(Not using DLSS)

Ok, your glory does not last forever… :rofl: I just had the giant trees issue again over New York after couple of hours without it, so ray tracing is not related to it and we can forget about that setting that I proposed as possible mitigation.

But I noticed that some of the artifacts on terrain appear when cloud shadows are covering the area, not with clear sky, in case that helps.

Cheers

1 Like

Is anyone who is experiencing this issue NOT using NVIDIA card?

1 Like

Getting the tree artifacts, too. I also have glitches on ground textures. Some parts are black, some are pink, some are rainbow colored.
When switching to DX11 everything is alright.
I am using the latest nVidia driver for my 3080Ti.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Float trees scenery etc.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

I 12700, RtX3070ti video, 32 gigs ram, mem, SSd hard drives , win 11 ultra settings 2560 x 1080 res. 29 inch wide sreen monitor.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I have same issue at JFK new york and at Hervey Bay area Queenland Australia

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Update - I got the bug after messing with graphics settings several times during a long flight. I think it’s texture memory / VRAM related.

Yes

Are you using DirectX 12?

Yes

Are you using DLSS?

No

yes

I got the feeling this is a tiles/server side related issue with the Bing servers.

I - let’s call it - managed to use tiles from some other provider than Bing using a tool whichs name shall not be called and can currently not reproduce the issues during a close to 45 minute flight.

Two guesses on this to check by the devs:

• The wrong Bing server used for Beta participants which lacks optimizations for SU10 compared to the internal test environments (branch nvidia_2 and/or qa_upload)?
  • Bing tiles cause issues because of their size/compression (as the ones I currently stream (ArcGIS) are smaller in size)
1 Like

Looks like some shader issue. A thing to try is to disable the Nvidia shader cache. No idea if all these shader caches will cause a problem if they are mixed (Nvidia, MSFS, DX, Steam)

That option just limits (or disables) the size booked to keep shaders stored in disk. In theory that´s only helping to load them faster instead of having to regenerate them again, but yeah at this point anything worths a try.

Cheers

Can you back this up? Or are you just guessing? I use nvidia color filter to fix the overexposure in the sim with hdr

Mods - can we please combine this thread with the already created one for dx12 storage artifacts? Don’t want to dilute the votes.

1 Like

My shader cache is always deactivated, so the issue persists if that’s the case.

1 Like

Over 1.5h with a different map tiles source, still no issues at all:

PS: check if the pop ins stop with Bing deactivated in data settings (“offline mode”)

1 Like

yes, every time flying over Paris, France(photogrametry), it appears after about 2 min flying
No mods in community folder

only with dx12 enabled
AMD 3600
Rtx2070 with 516.59 drivers
Tobbi eye 5
Windows 10

No I can’t, it looks like a shader issue. I didn’t see any of these problems myself so I can only guess. Shaders can cause these issues. I did shader stuff when Nvidia 3D Vision was a thing and these “ghosting effects” looks very similar when you mess with the wrong shader.

And with beta 10 MSFS also has a shadercache in it’s root folder. “**:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content\cache\0”

Doesn’t create new files here when disabled… %LocalAppData%\NVIDIA

Anyway, you can try to clear the MSFS created cache and see if it helps. If not, then it probably isn’t the problem.
Installlocation:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content\cache\0

Still I don’t think it’s the cache itself that’s faulty, it’s more about the data which loads into the cache. As said by bypassing the tiles source and replacing it with some alternate source everything seems to be great.

This leads to the conclusion that the data provided by the MSFS Bing server is not correct for this branch, so it’s probably just some configuration issue about the tiles source (live not compatible with test by now).

One way to check if it’s about the live data tiles would be to turn Bing data off in data settings. If the issue is gone it’s related to this/the live data cache.

Half an hour later on my test using DX12 and DLSS:

Do you have a location where I can test this?