Early access to Public beta 1.21.17.0 is out

I noticed a lot of the beta update (build they call it) was RENO.

So I have been flying RENO and it is still fun. Not getting smoked as bad but still got lapped by the AI in T-6.

Then I saw the comment about weather, so I am trying that now. Still a lot of Haze, they call it, in KSAN or someone is smoking at the airport.

oh the RENO announcer doesn’t yell at me about being “TOO HIGH,” as much.

AI not moving

2 Likes

Anyone in beta with VR can confirm the toolbar works with the mouse? I don’t trust the patch notes until it’s 100% confirmed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Has cloud base height been resolved, ie the AGL MSL issue?

2 Likes

That sounds more like the NVide driver bug.

1 Like

Thanks :sweat_smile: but how do I do it? I read the article but I never seen an insider app on my xbox :upside_down_face:

Agreed. I will try to rollback to an earlier version.

2 Likes

According to the dev notes. They fixed it. Let 's see :slight_smile:

If they fix VR (more the stability side)
and the weather I am set. I can work with the mouse since the controllers in G2 are too much pain since I just use the mouse for the knobs and switches only. I do not have the problems with the airport lights at the gate since I found a mod that does that at least in the airports I fly :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do they mean by “resources”? Is it servers or people? If it’s people, I get it because everyone is looking for help these days. But my fear is that they mean they don’t have enough servers to handle both MS and Steam beta, which tells me that it could be an overall lack of servers causing the problems we see on almost a daily basis.

If that’s not how this setup works, please feel free to enlighten me.

I don’t know I’m just the messenger :wink:

goto the store and get the app

then goto the app

Preview-You will see the Beta there on Monday.

Keep in mind, in between the time you sign up and the time you get the Beta.

The Sim may not work for you.

1 Like

No worries. I wasn’t directing the statement to you, but MSAsobo in general, especially those that decide how much of their “resources” ($) is spent on “resources” (servers). :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems to me that there is 0 Beta Testers in VR these days or this bug would of been picked up on SU7 Beta

It was picked up, it was in the release notes for SU7 as a Known issue…which actually makes it worse!

1 Like

Well if that was a know issue Pre update 7 then thats madness that is was not sorted even with a quick hotfix

1 Like

Also is the color banding fix included ?

2 Likes

Lets hope this fixes the weather system to when you start a game, 30 seconds later it magically flips to a different weather forecast.

2 Likes

Im just wondering what will break after this update comes out

1 Like

In 21st century Corporate-Speak, “resources” never means hardware. It means people and working hours to accomplish some new task. So in this case, it almost certainly means people and hours to coordinate and work any issues involved.

And since it’s close the end of the calendar year, getting new resources assigned to expand the scope of a task (e.g., public beta testing) isn’t likely to happen for both budgetary and human resources reasons.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re right. Before I retired I worked for a big corporation, but their mentality was stuck in the 1800’s (the old boy network) so “resources” meant hardware. I get your point, but I still can’t get past the thought that we’re all having daily problems due to a lack of “server” resources. Obviously I could be wrong, but who knows for sure.

Resources = Man Power / Persson Days working on a Project (since late 1980er :wink: )

1 Like