Early access to Public beta 1.21.17.0 is out

I don’t have the option either despite being a ‘Tech Alpha Insider’. Also lost the forum title a while ago.

1 Like

That’s been the case since day 1.

Not all of us, :frowning:

The beta isn’t out until tomorrow (Monday) and a few of us post beta users have been left off… we should have it monday though!

@CptEvillian - re: your message, above, You can message the amazing mods, they’ll fix it for you. I believe @Hester40MT helped me get my Tech Alpha Insider title back when it disappeared.

People have still been simming in VR … OK with workarounds that you would rather not use. However that’s your choice and critical bugs are something else entirely.

Live wx not loading at YSSY, anyone else?

1 Like

Thank you, sure do appreciate it!

1 Like

the mess in the weather seems to be there still… Still those towering cumulus clouds everywhere.

some other shots show the mess again in the weather.

Yes, I agree with that.

I think they really want to get a hot fix out before Christmas. So important to have these items fixed for the holiday break where a lot of folks will have extra time to fly🙂

3 Likes

What shots? The few i sow were very good, like the weather we had before SU 7

1 Like

Man, that’s some awesome functionality. Will really come in handy. Thanks for the heads-up on that!

Nope … not on this thread anyway, every shot on here has believable weather with the exception of one ultra low storm cloud that even then probably existed somewhere in the world for a very short time :rofl:

1 Like

Just downloaded the latest verions, no mention to LOD stutters… :frowning:

LOD stutters is a tuning of settings problem and there is no one size fits all solution. Start with graphics ultra and juggle renderscale and LODs to tune. Once smooth if you need more frames then lower graphics.

Read that a hundred times. I have evrerything in ULTRA and Stutters on the ground appear unless you have LOD 25… I used to run LOD 100 with zero stutters, same machine, the CPU locks not even pushed to 100% on any core. i9 with 2080TI and 128GB of RAM. With all Ultra I get 66FPS and a stutters fest on the ground. Its broken mate.

FBW did the demo yesterday of taxi steering and stutters were there on their video when they turned. Is not only me.

2 Likes

If you are mainthread limited you will stutter. If 200 renderscale is not enough to get gpu limited then raise resolution in UserCfg until you are. If that doesn’t fix it you probably have a driver or mod problem or a ram or harddrive bottleneck.

Early access are those, like me, have been previously and heavily involved with flighting/beta testing. Tomorrow (Monday) is when new signees can join.

Its not a problem with my GPU, it works really well. Its the SIM locking the Main Thread. Locking a Thread does not mean bottlenecking your CPU, is just bad programming when you try to access (usually write) a shared resource (ie. UX ). None of my Cores are maxed out, most of them cruise at 80% and drop when a stutter occur (a clear sign of lock).

And again, this problem wasnt there before hence they introduced it when they were playing with the trees and the popping issue.

Now downloading the new content for the beta to check if the problem is still there.

2 Likes

There’s a lot more to it than that because the streamed data is unpacked in vram so some things are not so easily split. Raise resolution as I suggested and your stutters will be gone. Set up a manual cache and go offline to test.