Edit: Patch details incoming on the 27, According to support release also 27th - Follow Instructions if you use liveries and custom scenery

Your settings , including those for controllers, re stored in the cloud and will re-synchronize automatically after updating / re-installing the sim.
Very user friendly and nothing to worry about.

3 Likes

Thanks a million

I don’t think you’ll have a choice tbh. Our clients need to be able to communicate with azure appropriately, but yeah, we’ll see what comes

2 Likes

There was a post in one forum thread yesterday that was written by one of the actual Asobo developers (not just a form moderator) addressing the issue of stuttering caused by use of simconnect by external programs.

The post said that the cause of the simconnect stutter bug has been found, and work is underway to develop and release a patch ASAP to address that one specific bug. I would assume that patch is probably not very large and might drop at any time, once the developers are confident that it will fix the problem, and not inadvertently break anything else.

But as for a more general patch addressing multiple issues, Asobo’s announcement clearly states that they will announce a release date for an upcoming patch on the 27th, not the patch itself.

2 Likes

Not deliberately “fake news”, but just a sign of the very human tendency to read more into a statement than is actually there.

2 Likes

Lets just say I was right with every patch in the Alpha and Beta and people called me crazy and said no its not every single time and what happened ? Patch dropped exactly when i said it would, just because it’s not officially announced yet doesnt mean the information passed on to me was not correct, this support guy was never wrong so I see no reason not to trust him now. Now offcourse there can be a delay if QA finds something wrong at the last minute and that is why the patch has not been officially announced yet but if all goes according to plan it should be coming out on the 27th. Offcours everyone is free to think about it as they want, believe it or dont believe it simple as that.

Happy Flying fellow Simmers.

4 Likes

Btw for those wondering why the big update, that is because Asobo wants to put as much into a patch as possible as they already said, so the Aircraft guys worked on updating the aircraft, the airports guys worked on updating the airports, a fix for simconnect, and many more things.

4 Likes

The official announcement says unambiguously “expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update”

It does not say that the patch itself will be released on the 27th.

Perhaps your support contact is right, and there will indeed be a patch on Thursday, but the official announcement does not say that, and unless I see a new official announcement that says something different I have no expectation that there will be a major patch on the 27th.

There may well be an imminent patch to address the bug related to stutters caused by simconnect. The existence of that patch was mentioned by an actual developer right here in the public forums, but there was no indication that that patch was intended to address anything other than that one specific bug.

2 Likes

I never said anything about the official announcement, its just the information i was given when i asked about the core package and what to do with custom content when the patch comes out. Just relaying the info, evedyone can take it as they want, everyone can even decide not to follow the instructions when installing the patch but then offcourse dont be mad if the game breaks because you decided not to follow the advice. Up to everyone themselfs what to do.

1 Like

except its not, and there is a bug where you preferences get wiped on a regular basis.

‘Expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update’

The clue is in the wording itself. Don’t get too excited.

All the things the author said are wrong.
Patch won’t be on the 27th, the date will be released on the 27th.
And it won’t be 80 GB, the game has a package system. Only updated files will have to be re downloaded.

1 Like

uh you do realise it is a dolls for the first month only.

I don’t know on which information this is based, official Microsoft/Asobo or is it your own feeling?
Because I’m pretty sure that an update or patch wil not touch the Community folder.
That’s why they call it a Community folder. Not for backing up the whole folder every time a update is pending. So please don’t spread information based on your own feelings.

Maybe read ? Its what support told me. It has to do with the aircraft.cfg we use that overrides the official one, means if the official one is update and the custom one overrides it then you end up using wrong info that is why you have to move it duringthe patch. Not that hard to understand but hey if you dont want to do that then dont. Just relaying the advice given by support.

1 Like

Never had this bug over months.

Copy the entire folder and edit the aircraft.cfg so there are no conflicts with the original one. Then put that folder into the community folder

You guys really need to stop using the words “development update” when talking about an actual game update.
Anyway, thx for clearing up the confusion.

so bro you have someone you know if microsoft or asobo that told you this?

5 Likes

Our Development update on the 27th will include details on the upcoming patch. The 27th is not the release of the patch. Thanks!

30 Likes