Elevator Trim Axis bind broken in latest update

My issue might be slightly different than some others, as I don’t have an axis bound for trim, it’s instead bound to a rocker switch on my CH Products Flight Sim Yoke. But the issue for me has NOT been corrected with the latest hotfix. Any short single press of the rocker…or the default Num 1 or Num 7 keys on the keyboard…results in an immediate 500-1000 foot/min climb or dive, making it impossible to trim out a flight properly.

Really? I tried yesterday and still can only get to 50% trim with 100% on the axis.

No, I don’t believe this issue is solved at all.
I have a X52pro and this elevator trim axis is swapping, depending on the aircraft, and it’s annoying. But a tick box in the axis mapping menu fixes it even in flight. Still needs fixing and why was it fiddled with when it worked perfectly before?

Same problem with the same throttle. I am hoping it is fixed with WU6

Same with my trim wheel.

Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle trim wheel is also now completely broken. Just launched the game for the first time in a few months. Updated all content in content manager, no help. Trim works randomly, sometimes up to 30% or less, sometimes up to 50%. Also, wiggling the trim wheel just a little bit back and forth has random effects. It can suddenly turn the trim all the way up or down. It’s just unusable. Checking from control options, the slider parameter values work correctly.

1 Like

Also have the problem that the trim wheel axis is reversed in some aircraft now.

• C152, C172, C208, Stearman: reversed
  • JF Arrow, Warrior, Menestrel: works as was before the update.
1 Like

Also using TWCS Throttle. Using the pinky rotary wheels. Elevator Trim (-100 to 100%) doesn’t work, slow turning actuates a random effect. Quick rotation does nothing. Effect is worse on planes with electronic 2-way hat switch for trim. Also checked the sensitivity adjustment screen, the game detects full and correct input from the rotary.
P.S. Community Folder is empty, roll cache is cleared, All aircraft are fully updated on content manager, even reinstalled some of the planes to make sure.

1 Like

Works within the settings menu but in the sim? Nope.

Same problem here with my TWCS and pinky wheels. Assigning instead button don’t fix the issue. I tried to fly the Icon 5 with no avail. Also, when it work for some plane, the axe is sometimes inverted.
I’m surprised to not see many thread about this, or it’s only some of us who are impacted?

Also noticed if working on another aircraft it will only go perhaps half way up/down rather than the full range.

The trim works as intended on the DC Designs F-14 A/B. It is all the default aircraft that are dorked.

Just tried and button trimming works nicely, but very slow on the Icon.
You need to keep the button pushed for almost 5sec to achieve a visual change on the trim indicator.

2 Likes

Yep I also had to keep it for long before it react, and often the plane reaction was excessive up or down. Also, when I first still have also the hotas wheels binded, the button reacted after around 5 seconds, and after 1 or 2 seconds it seems the wheels I didn’t touch take the hand and plane reacted to its position (possibly sensitivity make it move). On any case, is seems broken, and I have to change binding type, and it axe way (inverted or not) depending planes…
I didn’t try to let the vertical trim managed by the so called “assistant”, I don’t want to go that way! :scream:

Same as I have :frowning:

Trim issue after SU5 is still present after the new update folks.

Asobo you had but (1) thing to do…

You blew it.

1 Like

Hello! I posted this in another trim thread but posting here too as we used this thread to gather details as well. Our team has identified four bugs with elevator trim and are prioritizing for fixes and release in future updates. They include:

• Elevator Trim is super sensitive when changed using the mouse wheel
  • Elevator trim cannot be properly adjusted on aircraft that have electric trim switches (a regression)
  • Full range of elevator trim cannot be achieved with Elevator Trim Axis (-100% to 100%) command
  • Warning appears when user tries to map an axis to the Elevator Trim Axis (0 to 100%) command

They have been able to get the specific repros needed thanks to your help. Will keep you updated on progress when I can!

Thanks all.

5 Likes

Thanks, at least now we know devs are aware and working on it. Still I think it took WAY TOO LONG to some official response.

On the Cessna 172, the trim wheel is linked to the electrical trim on the Yoke since Simupdate 5. If you use an external trim wheel, like the one from Saitek, the electric trim buttons on the yoke move in addition to the trim wheel. This creates the strange clicking noise when using the trim wheel. When only using the trim wheel, the electric trim buttons should not move. In addition, by combining the electrical trim with the manual trim, the trim wheel is too sensitive and jumps a little. Fine trimming over the axis, as up to Simupdate 4, is no longer possible. Please investigate this bug as well.

If the trim axis is used in the controller menu, it looks as if fine trimming over the entire axis is possible. But in Game it isn’t possible.

I use a Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel as a peripheral input device, which worked wonderfully up to Simupdate 4. Jane, I would be grateful for a short feedback :blush:

1 Like

I just updated and the error with the Trim… There is no control over it. Flight the Icon 5…

Yes! This is what I’ve noticed as well. I’m having the same problem.