Endurance Event 1: IndyPac Race Day and Results Thread

so my simair is showing different people in my logbook…i’m not sure what’s going on there.

SimAir.io (my first 7 minutes then simair stopped tracking me)
SimAir.io (simair tracking again after a full restart, i ended up having to go brunch with family so i had to leave here.)
SimAir.io (coming back after a nights rest finishing after 30 hours and 51 minutes)

…no longer showing different people in my logbook am confused xD

tree
I declare the brotherhood of the invisible tree to be an organization of all who crashed due to BS that they’re embarassed about.

7 Likes

i had to land on 2 completly dark airports due to my msfs crashing and being unable to load my flight route anymore my gps just froze and well, i didnt have AP and like INGO i was flying the extra 330 and after that crash i had to change my whole route to save time and wing it, as far as i see it no one broke any rules, and if the sim lets you do it as far as i know… go for it! thats why its a game dude, dont sweat it just have FUN

2 Likes

These races are unique, in that you’re playing not just against the airplane, but against the simulator itself. Got a buggy PC that crashes a lot? Work on solving those issues. Find an edge case in the flight model that gives you an unrealistic advantage? Do that too. So long as it’s within the rules. Fortunately, most of the planes are bugged in ways that handicap, not benefit. I’m pretty happy with the rules as is. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. It is also just a fun run, so winning isn’t everything.

Also, those last 60 minutes were nail biting! You -almost- caught me. I remember seeing you slide in as I was parked on the runway.

3 Likes

can i join? my parking brake engaged out of the blue on landing roll, flipped me over and killed me lol
got sent back about 25 mins

2021-04-04T11:56:29.048Z

Perth to CTD
YCMM to YSSY

@AdamJ9001 Congrats on the win, it was fun chasing you over the bight with @Kiwi17108.

@IngoPlane Thanks for the warning on the tree, it would have been 885 miles back to the previous savepoint if I had hit it.

Welcome to the fold.

Thanks for the warning on the tree, it would have been 885 miles back to the previous savepoint if I had hit it.

I don’t know if it existed, or was invisible, or not. I WAS coming in super low (i came in too fast and couldn’t bleed off speed fast, so i was gonna give it a narrow angle to protect my landing gears) so it’s entirely my fault for being careless. But I saw trees on either side of me, but i saw a GAP between them in front of me, like a little grassy area. Over that grassy area i hit ‘something’. But it was 12 hours in and i was tipsy so for all i know it could have been a normal tree and I was just blind, lol. We will never know.

Yeah, that was a smart move of Jeffcatnl, going south to catch those headwinds!

After the CBR race there was a similar discussion about the CTD’s. IMO there are ways to more fairly address it but the policing of any of the proposed solutions becomes a nightmare for the event runners. Until simair.io or another like reporting tool can feed into something that can spawn you back to the exact position, speed, fuel remaining and overcome the live weather bug, this isn’t feasible. In real life ■■■■ happens like blown engines, equipment failures, etc so, in an off way, this simulates that.

1 Like

ForderLearnToFly (Forder#1702)
eventTime: 2021-04-04T17:42:21.897Z
type: PARKED
https://simair.io/logbook/Forder/flight/21223

Hi everyone,

We’ll be hosting a “Closing Ceremonies and Race Debrief” stream on my Twitch channel on Wednesday evening starting at 8pm ET / 5pm PT / 0000Z. Joining me and FactualGull will be @HowardElvis, @IngoPlane, and @BlueYonder9259 to crown the champion, share our thoughts about the race, and trade strategy tips for future events in the 2021 Endurance Series. Hope to see many of you there!

Hi SeedyL - why is this planned stream not on your shedule? I am an old man - forget things very often! :wink: Thx - See you at the debriefing!

Thanks @icebird4all, I just added it to the schedule. Also, I’m still waiting on your completion time, so please post it in this thread when you are able.

Seedy, this event got a mention on Obsidian Ants channel…however, he’s telling people there’s still time to submit a time. Skip to near the end.

Sorry SeedyL - you know i crashed before reaching my one and only fuel stop - to the rules - i must had go back to perth - didn’t do that - only finished the race to see Sydney! So i will also compete at the next races - but not in the rating! :wink:

1 Like

Whoa, that’s really cool OA mentioned our event! I know he reaches a huge audience, so hopefully this will attract more people to sign up for future events in the 2021 Endurance Race Series. He’s right that the deadline to submit your time is April 7 at 2359Z, but there are two catches there that might be misleading to people who haven’t actively been following the event:

1. The clock started for everyone at 8am Perth time on Sunday April 4. We measure your completion time against that start time. It doesn’t matter when you personally started the race.
  2. The deadline to register was more than a week ago, and we’re not accepting any new entries at this time.

That said, if someone is registered but hasn’t yet finished (or even started) their run, there’s still time! Get it done everyone!

eventTime: 2021-04-04T15:37:20.900Z
type: PARKED

https://simair.io/logbook/captarash/

Here thanks to ObsidianAnt - sad to have missed it, didn’t know about it, but looked like fun!

Sorry you missed this race, @Wereferret, but there’s three more coming up later in 2021. The next event is the Paris-Dakar Rally on July 3. See this thread for all the details: