Extreme framerate decrease (memory leak ?)

Hi All,

I have a high end PC with a RTX 3080 and all runs very smooth.

But sometimes on major airports the FPS are decreasing the longer you are at he airport.
Example:

At EDDF the FPS are 35.
During taxi to the gate it’s decreasing to 5 FPS.
When saving the flight at that position and load the flight from that exact position it’s back to 35 FPS !!!

I also saw this behaviour at PARIS CDG T1.

Anyone seeing this before ?

I have seen a big drop from time to time when my mouse pointer is over the flight sim screen. When I move it over to another screen, the fps pops back up. Doesn’t happen all the time, just periodically. The range of change is from 30-40 fps down to 2-7 fps. I have an i9-9900K, 64GB ram, SSD, RTX2070S.This seems to happen most often while on runway ready to take off, but it occurs in flight too. It could be runway vicinity related, but I haven’t really tied it down.

Is AI traffic turned off?

On my system, I have AI traffic on and off at different times, and don’t see a connection. I tried to find one. I’m not saying I’m 100%, since the behavior is erratic. The problem doesn’t make it unplayable, but it would be good to figure it out.

AI traffic takes a lot of CPU resources. And there could be a bug with AI airplanes not despawning (which doesn’t seem to occur with Live traffic).

Test it without AI, and see how much of a difference that makes.

1 Like

I’m experimenting, and having traffic set to “real-time online” works fine, no problems moving the mouse cursor onto the flight sim to adjust things, etc. Here is my setting:

If I turn Aviation Traffic to “off”, I have the problem. But, I can get rid of the problem with traffic set to off if I remove ATC in the on-flight screen Custom Toolbar. So it appears that having traffic set to off, and trying to use the ATC in game toolbar, is causing an issue when I try to use the mouse to adjust things in the plane cockpit, etc. I’ll continue to keep real traffic on, or if it is off, turn off the ATC toolbar.

Anyway, a pretty flight underway: