Extremely slow download speeds in content manager

I’m on a very stable 500/500 Mbit/s connection in a large Swedish city, but still MSFS insists on about 2 Mbit/s downloads… Occasionally, the speed goes up to perhaps 300 Mbit/sec for a second or so, but it very soon drops back to 2 Mbit/s again. This has been an issue for seven months now.

Clearly, Microsoft need to fix this.

5 Likes

I’m also experiencing incredibly slow download speeds in MSFS. I attempted to update two of my planes via the content manager and my download speed stayed around 1.5Mbps.

I’m in Australia.

Internet for things other than MSFS is perfectly fine at 70+Mbps. Until this issue started happening I would typically get those types of speeds in MSFS.

This type of issue has me concerned for what an MSFS 2024 experience might look like.

2 Likes

Yes, same here! Have a 1Gbit connection and i spent fully two weeks to download 54 Gbyte files via the content manager.
Most of the time is a rate between 0-3,5 MBit.
I live in Germany.

Same in Slovakia. Speed 2Mbit/s… 11GB Caribbean update not possible. Are European internet providers blocking/restricting Microsoft or what?

Same here in Germany, for several days now. 2-3 Mbit. Trying to reinstall MSFS to a new PC. At those speeds it’s a nightmare…

No, it’s the same here in the USA

This is probably a problem with decompression and simultaneous downloading.

I have exactly the same problem. Cologne - Germany 1 Gbps ! Even if it is very late now, there is no speed benefit.

1 Like

Yepp , same för me , 0.02 Mbits/s , latest patch , some times it speeds up then down again , like 4 hours now ~

1 Like

Yea , but really shouldn’t take years to fix :frowning:

2 Likes

… but suddenly it wake up and i get full speed again :slight_smile: ( after i shut it down and re-download the update , it was ready in minutes instead of hours )

HB

I had the same with marketplace purchases. 2-3mbps and sometimes it suddenly jumped to 80mbps

A post was merged into an existing topic: EXTREMELY slow and fluctuating download speeds

Not just Europe. Same issue in Australia. This problem has just started in the last couple of weeks for me. Never had an issue before.

1 Like

Not just Europe or Australia. Same in Southeast USA. Issue has been present for months

1 Like

Here we go again. Every update that appears in the content manager has now become a massive ordeal

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Install content via ingame marketplace

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Using Xbox series X via home connection

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Trying to download the Caribbean world update and it would take nearly a day to download with the offered speed.

Now it has the constant download rate of 0,0mbit
I wonder how the download will finish at this rate.

yes. Initial installation is maxing out at 4.95 Mbps. Speedtest says I’m getting 120 Mbps.

on a i9 laptop with 48 Gb ram, Proton VPN,
TCP Global Parameters

Receive-Side Scaling State : enabled
Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level : experimental
Add-On Congestion Control Provider : default
ECN Capability : disabled
RFC 1323 Timestamps : allowed
Initial RTO : 1000
Receive Segment Coalescing State : enabled
Non Sack Rtt Resiliency : disabled
Max SYN Retransmissions : 4
Fast Open : enabled
Fast Open Fallback : enabled
HyStart : enabled
Proportional Rate Reduction : enabled
Pacing Profile : off

Yes. With any world update in the content manager.