F-16 by SC Design

Hi, sorry to hear that, but unfortunately we can’t be responsible for crashes caused by third-party add ons or peripherals ( there are just too many of them ). I fly the F-16 in VR regularly so it’s not likely to be that either, but if somebody does have a solution and we can implement it we will.

Anyone ever notice the nosewheel is turned slightly?

Had a good time flying around Las Vegas the other day.

4 Likes

Because others don‘t own the F-16. That‘s why they see you as „generic aircraft“.

And yes, the same if you use a „custom livery“.

Dumb question :raising_hand_man:

What are these called, what’s their purpose and how do you activate them? I could not find any switch inside the cockpit for them.

The technical term is “flappy-stoppy thingamajigs”, but most people just call them airbrakes.

They are mapped to the spoiler axis, I believe, so spoiler controls should operate them.

3 Likes

Thank you for that information. The option to map air brakes to your Xbox Controller is found in control options. There you can map the spoiler Axis to the controller buttons.

edit . Even better, Fighter Jets have their own dedicated controller profile in Controls Options. See screenshot below.

3 Likes

I had a weird visual issue last night. after the MFD’s would load in i restarted the flight a couple of times and did a full reboot which resolved that issue.

But then there seemed to constantly be a heat/vapour/blur animation effect like what you get when you view third person behind the engine. however, this would not go away and persisted on the right hand side of the canopy at all times. it seemed to me to be heading away from the aircraft rather than to the rear. it was really off-putting, especially at high altitude.

I did restart the flight a couple of times but it was always there.

Time ran out me though so hopefully it wont be there next time i get on.

Tested the aircraft out in the SU10 beta, and for some reason when starting cold and dark the HUD is fully powered on even with the battery off. Smoke still doesn’t work.

On the positive I didn’t see any issues with the screens. I thought maybe they would break now that the WT G1000 NXi has been made default.

Also they added a HMD for the Hornet, any chance adding that code to the Falcon?

Not sure on the HMD but smoke will be working with the next update - still don’t know why it isn’t working though yet.

Is possible :wink:

3 Likes

A very nice F16 Autopilot tutorial video.

2 Likes

Bought this currently onsale in the Marketplace store(also new to MSFS in general), I know the plane from the Marketplace doesn’t get the weapons loadout(kinda wish I knew that beforehand), but what about the CFTs? Do only the F-16I gets that or C&D also? Played with the Center Tank 2 value and no change there for the C&D, but it does exist for I. I’ve seen pictures of single seater with those tanks but the I is only a 2 seater right?

1 Like

These were deactivated briefly due to Asobo creating a new fuel system and disabling functionality for the old one. In the forthcoming update, all tanks are once again selectable on all types ( and set to default off ).

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Something to consider for the next update. On xbox, when starting from a custom departure (i.e. starting in flight), the ailerons on the F-16 don’t function.
Thanks

1 Like

I think this is to do with the autopilot automatically switching on when you start in an airborne position. flick the master switch for AP and it should fix it.

2 Likes

Great, thanks for that information.

1 Like

Update v1.0.6 has been sent to Just Flight and the Marketplace - Marketplace will take at least two weeks to process;

CHANGELOG;

SC Designs F-16 Fighting Falcons Changelog v0.6.0

FBW system improved for extra accuracy
Fuel system updated to new fuel_system
Fuel tanks visibility corrected to match new fuel system
Correction to Thunderbirds textures
New Asobo visual effects added for afterburner cone
F-16C “Venom” display livery added
F-16C DC Air National Guard livery added
Minor UV map areas improved ( intake internals and navigation light mounts )
Visor texture and metallic layer added
Smoke switch fixed
HUD material improved for visibility in bright skies

11 Likes

Dean,

The Power Switches and more have no click spots...  can't start cold & dark .....
2 Likes

@sdbama15 Try hitting the restart option in the “ESC” menu after you load in. The plane will “refresh” itself and the buttons and switches should work fine once it reloads.

This is some weird bug msfs has sometimes when you initially load in or after an update. Using the restart option in the menu should fix your issue.

3 Likes