F-16 by SC Design

Update-Out of curiosity, I just hopped into the 339. It’s smoke also is not working. I then hopped into the SU 57, however it’s smoke worked. Hopped into the Mig 29, it’s smoke also worked.

I hope perhaps this might narrow down the problem in hopes for a solution.
If you think it will help and know of a default aircraft that has smoke you want me to see if it works or not, lmk.

Edit-T1 Hawk’s smoke also works. As of now, F-16 and 339’s are the only ones I have tried that do not work.

Edit 2-Tried F-16 smoke again, this time, it worked. The only two things I did differently, is I had just switched to the Asia server, and I also tried turning the smoke on while on the runway as opposed to previously I was only attempting to turn it on when I was airborn.
(I did not delete the previous one, this is the same one folder I used earlier in above video that didn’t work) I then hopped into the MB339 to see if it also was working, however it still was not. Hopefully the F-16 smoke for me stays working.

@JoylessTunic738 You obviously aren’t getting it.

The issue is on your end, and there is zero way of us troubleshooting your issue. You reporting to us all of this info does NOT help in any way, as its not a “bug” of the f-16.
The jet smoke has always worked perfectly, and if it doesn’t YOU need to look for the cause. Try running the jet with a CLEAN community folder… SC/DC is not responsible if you have some add-on in your community folder that is interfering with the jet. This has been known to happen with some add-ons in the past.

EDIT: If a clean community folder doesn’t change anything, don’t forget about any downloads you may have purchased through the asobo in-sim marketplace. Those planes are all located in your official folder. There is a chance one of those planes is causing your compatibility issues.

This is further conformation to me you also have an add-on compatibility issue. As the smoke has worked for many updates now.

When I downloaded the SW mod for the FA-18, I had MFD issues, but you know what, I emptied my comms folder, verified the jet no longer had MFD issues… Once you know the issue is an add-on, you can start narrowing down which add on. I was able to figure it out, delete the add-on and ZERO issues.

This was not the fault of the SW mod I had MFD issues, this was my fault for having an add-on in my comms folder conflicting with another product. Once it was removed, the mod worked as designed.
This is a problem of a few developers overriding base sim files, causing the sim to read the files from their plane/mod, even when not in use.

I wish you the best in fixing your issues, but these videos and troubleshooting posts don’t change the fact that issue lies on your end.

If there was something to fix, it would be fixed, but there is nothing to address.

By all means report back if you figure out which add-on is causing the issue, but your diagnostic reports are not needed.

Thanks

1 Like

Auto start and shutdown no longer work since update.

It doesn’t work because the SDK’s autostart/autoshutdown procedure is not compatible with the new fuel and electrical system schematic implemented in the aircraft to resemble the one specified in the official flight manual.

The manual procedure is shown in this video:

1 Like

Should the fuel valve switch be moveable? I just cant move it and i cant get the engine start. All other switches are working.

Edit: seems like some mod conflict. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m glad you solved it, but to make it clear for everyone the answer is yes :slight_smile:

To add on to what you said, I also noticed the smoke issue being some sort of connection to having the Stearman and F-16. Smoke worked perfectly on the Stearman for me until the day I bought and installed the F-16. Maybe some sort of conflict between the two?

That may make some sense, the smoke libraries for each plane carries an identifier or ID that must be unique and exclusive for that plane so that another aircraft cannot read the effect designed for it. If you say that Stearman stopped working when you installed the F-16 it is possible that they are sharing the same ID. you can do a test if you are on PC: create a bak folder and move the Stearman or the f-16 inside and leave the other one in the community root so that only one of the two is read and loaded by the game. Load the game and check it out. If it works, it means that one visual effect is affecting the other one by having the same library ID (if it were the case, the solution is as simple for us as creating new ID’s). If you only drop one of those planes in the backup folder and still you are having the problem, then means another addon might be using the same IDs we created and then they are pointing to their libraries instead of ours.

I’m on XBOX and can confirm uninstalling the F16 restores the smoke on the Stearman.

And if you do the reverse? Uninstall the Stearman?

Just installed the F16 back without launching f16 or restarting Sim. No smoke on Stearman now. I’ll do the reverse next.

1 Like

No Smoke on F-16, Tested before and after sim restart. Stearman is not installed.

ok, thanks for the test @RATTMAN. You should have smoke nonetheless, but it’s not worth continuing to test at this point, since I believe that several planes and not only these two may be sharing the same IDs even though the effects are different and therefore there are conflicts. I’m afraid new IDs will have to be generated to solve the problem.

I made zero changes, and out of nowhere the smoke started to work again. I did not remove anything from my community folder.

I thought perhaps because the F-16 smoke re-appeared that maybe the mb339 smoke would return. I tried it after success with the F-16 but still no smoke for the 339. After no smoke i went back to the F-16 and smoke still was working.(no difference as to when it came on, in air or on runway worked)

Since i did not remove anything from my community folder but smoke started working for me again, how can i figure out how the smoke got fixed for the F-16 and apply that same “user end fix” for the mb 339? Any ideas?

This seems to conflict that the error is because of what I the user was doing.

All im doing is reporting information. Good, bad, and indifferent.

FYI another thing I just noticed. Setting the left screen as HSI and enabling map Mode only controls the right screen. If you set both to screens to HSI and change mode to MAP, the left one controls the right screen and doesn’t apply the map on the left.

Using Map mode on the right screen works fine.

I know, it’s as default at the moment. Normally in real planes there is a screen that is multicolored and another monochrome, in the case of the f-15, f-18 or three-screen planes, it is usually the lower one that is used for navigation and is called multi-purpose color display . In the case of the f-16, the left screen is used for tactical functions and the right for navigation or support, so you only see the map on the right panel. Both could be enabled but I think normally it should only go in one of them.

Gotcha. Thanks

Loaded the sim up. Test the F-16. Smoke works. Good. I hope/think smoke for the F-16 will no longer be an issue for me.

I decided to test the MB339 right after, but still no smoke for it. Reading Rattman’s post, I decided to test the smoke in the Stearman, right after I tried the MB339. The smoke in the Stearman worked. I then hopped back into the F-16, and smoke, thankfully, still was working.

Ask me what mods I removed, the answer is none.
Ask me if I did a re-install since the last time smoke wasn’t working for the F-16, the answer is no.

Ask me if there’s something I think I did to get the F-16 smoke to work again, I don’t think so.

This comes across as rather curt. You say “bug of the F-16” as if I said it was a bug of the F-16. There’s something wrong, and as to the cause of it, I have yet to discover it therefor you do not need to put words/opinions that I never stated and then argue against it.

The jet smoke has always worked perfectly? There are several users who would disagree.

So if a consumer buys a product, and the product feature does not work as advertised, you suggest it is the consumer that needs to look for the cause. The people who receive money, they are not responsible.

Smoke wasn’t working, and I wasn’t rude about it, I simply pointed it out, similar to how multiple other people said smoke wasn’t working for them either.

I would assume going out of my way to provide feedback, information that I find conflicting in hopes people smarter than myself can figure out what I cannot, would be appreciated.

For example I think Rattman going out of his way to provide feedback, and go out of his way to test other aircraft with smoke to try and help the people who get money for this product figure out a solution, is something that should be praised and shown gratitude for.

Instead, “you obviously aren’t getting it”. “The issue is on your end”. “Reporting this info does not help in anyway”. “The smoke has always worked perfectly”. “YOU need to look for the cause”.

As far as “further confirmation I also have an add on compatibility issue”, how do you explain the F-16 smoke working when I did not remove a single add on?

I can accept that you don’t know. Or you don’t know at this time. But for you to flat out say I’m not getting it and that is’ the consumer’s problem and consumer’s responsibility to fix an issue multiple people are experiencing, well, if that’s how you want to portray how you deal with your consumers, then that’s how it goes I guess.