F-16 by SC Design

I’m not here to play word games and go back and forth with you.
I am a consumer just like you, so don’t start throwing around this…

Your past motives/actions put a really bad taste in my mouth, and I won’t let that go.
I will not be engaging with you further.

I hope you figure out the issue, best of luck.

This particular post, puts a bad taste in my mouth. That’s my example. You are welcome and encouraged to point out what post I said to you that put a bad taste in your mouth to warrant that statement, and I will honestly look inward to see how what I said offended you and possibly apologize.

I also hope you figure out the issue, best of luck.

look, seriously, I don’t think you realize that every time there is a post of yours, certain people can get lazy if they want to start reading it, because it doesn’t contribute anything, nor does it help anyone, it just makes the situation more dizzy and it seems that you look for protagonism wherever you go, instead to want to really be of help (because you are not helpful at all).

You seem like playing with the words of others, you try to corner people and, as they are telling you here, you are able to drive people out of their minds and create unnecessary conflicts and you end up exhausting the patience of others. You create a mountain of something insignificant and you must stop at once.

I could very well put you on the ignore list and not answer you because I have no obligation to you, but I have to be patient with people like you. If you were shorter and didn’t make interventions the size of the bible, maybe I would consider answering something, but I’m not going to do it.

What I would appreciate is if you would step aside and let us offer the product support since at least we know the product and how it works, which you don’t. It is not necessary for you to act as a consumer advocate or to try to protect buyers, I think we are quite fast, and I think we have earned enough reputation that people do not feel cheated or scammed with what we do. Please free the channel.

When I make a claim, I provide examples such as video. My post can be quoted to warrant any of this negative interactions you choose to respond with.

“It seems as if you look for protaganism wherever I go”.

This is not relevant to the discussion, and to go back to my first sentence, how smoke hadn’t been working for me for weeks, do you think if my goal was to be a protagonist, I would wait to report something like that?

The reason why I didn’t say anything sooner, was for 2 reasons. #1, I was flying the F-16 for a reason that didn’t involve smoke, so therefor it wasn’t a big deal to me, and #2, I assumed that the issue could be individually related, or a problem with the sim, or if there’s a problem with the F-16, that it will be addressed.

If you re-read my post with a more positive attitude, it would probably be received a lot easier for you.

Anyone reading your post and the negative energy in it, probably is curious as to what I said that was so bad, and they will scroll up to read my post, and then read your response to it, and realize perhaps it is you who makes a big deal out of things and goes the direction of insults rather than a solution for the problem.

As of right now, the only smoke issue I have, is with another aircraft so for me, there is no current issue with the F-16, other than the customer relations so until there is another problem where multiple people including myself are affected, I’m going to enjoy myself and encourage everyone else to do the same.

@CodenameJack447 @JoylessTunic738 @SilentG37
Please get back on topic. This is not what this forum is about.

All support issues and bugs for any 3rd Party, must be handled off this forum.

7 Likes

Hi

have downloaded the update on series X. no problem getting airborne from cold and dark.

just a quick question, is there an easy way to have the HUD display the throttle status as per the previous model i.e. idle/MIL/AB ? It used to be shown in the top left hand corner of the hud but now is gone.

I play with a HOTAS so i know where its at, i just miss having the readout there.

thanks

1 Like

Hi! I’ll try to do something discreet with that. This HUD still needs to improve to resemble the f-16 real one but we’re working on it.

We are not too far:

4 Likes

thanks Jack

i love this F16 !

3 Likes

PC Version

I have avoided DC Designs products until this weekend. I noticed that the last update included an updated Thunderbirds livery, so I decided that it was time for me to investigate the current state of the F-16 addon. I see that the F-16 has matured over the last few months, so I purchased it while it was on sale. My first few flights were without any noticeable or significant bugs.

I was entertained enough by the F-16 that I also looked into the support offered and the current state of DC designs’ other addons. DC Designs’ continual response to community concerns and issues is commendable. As a result, I decided to purchase the rest of their products this weekend too. I am enjoying them. Although I generally prefer addons that are study level, I do not expect the avionics for these modern generation fighters within MSFS to be a DCS experience - not yet at least.

DC Designs … :+1:

NOTE: Although a mere livery may seem like a petty and inappropriate way of evaluating an addons worth at the time of release, I deemed it a direct indicator to the care and detail that DC Designs invested in their development of the F-16 at the time of release. There are arguably more photos of the Thunderbird livery than any other F-16 livery. I questioned how was it possible to not get it right, and I dismissed the addon on release because I reasoned that the systems and modelling were probably not functioning like they were suppossed to either.

2 Likes

Hey folks, a bit of a heads up from my experience over the weekend. I was having a real problem with the F-16. Afterburner flame not showing, some switches not functioning at all and the throttle being stuck at full power. I was tearing may hair out trying to sort it all and faffed about re-mapping my X-56 throttle. The problems didn’t seem to be effecting any other aircraft and I was about to post in this thread asking for help but then all of a sudden it did start effecting other aircraft. The Indiafoxtecho F-35 started having the exact same issues.

I thought it must surely be an issue with the SU10 beta but then as an experiment I decided to try removing the last mod I’d installed which was the enhanced F-18 Super Warrior mod from flightsim.to and lo and behold all my issues were suddenly cleared up.

It just goes to show that all it takes is messy coding with one aircraft mod to have a big knock on effect with other aircraft which are actually all ok. I bet quite a few issues some people have which aren’t always shared by others are due to this sort of thing.

4 Likes

Hello folks,

my system is definitely not optimal for MSFS.
I7 6700K, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, 1920 X 1080 60Hz

I set it up so that with V-Sync 30 FPS I can fly almost anywhere smoothly with all aircraft.
Since the update, I keep falling back to 22-24 FPS with the F-16. It’s not a lot of frames, but it’s the crucial frames that separate me from a smooth display. I think that’s because of the new MFD’s, but I’m not sure.

Therefore my questions:

Could it be that the F-16 is now putting more strain on the CPU?
Will this maybe be optimized?
Or what can I do to get back to my 30 FPS?

3 Likes

Could lower the glasscockpit refresh settings in the options help?

Also windshield reflections may help too if you lower them.

Someone recently commented that the external navigation light, when activated, lowered the framerate by 4-5 fps (I think because of the volumetric light effect). I think the problem may be how the lighting in general and the lighting rays affects performance when they are reflected in the canopy, because when it comes by screen calculations they are not as complex as other screens.

1 Like

No. That’s not the answer to my query. Auto Start and Stop worked fine before, it no longer does. This needs fixing. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for the tips.

Unfortunately it didn’t help.
I’m clearly limited by the CPU and I’m just missing 5 frames now.
Maybe I should think about a CPU upgrade. If that’s even possible with my system.

1 Like

Sorry but it won’t be “fixed” as it’s not “broken”. The F-16 has custom-coded switches to match those of the real airplane, which won’t respond to an auto-start command, to make the airplane more realistic to the real F-16. The Interactive Checklist takes you through all the required steps to start the airplane, which takes approximately 60 seconds. It’s not hard to do at all.

Thanks for this information! We’re finding the same thing basically, the F-16s are fine, it’s other packages interfering with them that is causing most of the problems, including smoke not working. Very frustrating but very little we can do about it unfortunately.

2 Likes

No idea whats going on under the bonnet with some of these add ons but it looks like there’s some very bespoke coding and mucking about with things which is having a knock on effect with other mods.

Its why I wish Asobo would make things like moving carriers and fully functioning F-18’s by default so people wouldn’t have to take it upon themselves to do a DIY job which in turn clearly can cause issues.

1 Like

Hi fellas i wonder if any one else is having issue on XBOX with the F16 D, i follow check list to start up ( always do) but the JFS( eng cont) switch will not switch.
It works on the C type but only works on D if i use auto start. The switch highlights but does not operate.
Any advice?

1 Like

I’m reviewing the JFS code and it’s identical for both, so it should work for you. Have you tried with I?

What do you mean is it doesn’t move?

1 Like

I’m not saying it’s broken. However, it is bold of you to assume all your customers want to do the whole start and shutdown by the book - they absolutely do not.

1 Like