F-16 by SC Design

This was the switch I was referring to. Did you happen to use that? For me that is what caused the CFT’s to return. As it was transferring fuel to Center 2, thus triggering the model for the CFTs.
It’s a really cool feature, but might have to see if there is a way to not transfer fuel to tanks/cft’s that are set to 0.

2 Likes

I can’t remember. I’ll give it a go though.

1 Like

What value in the fuel menu do you set to zero,in order for them to not appear on the fuselage?

Center 2 -CFTs ( Conformal fuel tanks) along top sides of fuselage.
External 1- centerline drop tank
External 2- wing drop tanks

2 Likes

Forgive me if i am the one who don’t understands,but i didn’t meant that
The drop tanks,i want them on.They are a nice touch visualy.
I only want to be able to get rid off the modern ones that are attached on the main core,behind the cockpit.

Center 2 - They are called CFTs ( Conformal fuel tanks). Set Center 2 to 0%

3 Likes

Yeah I can confirm that works. Thanks for the tip. No more tanks mid flight.

3 Likes

The fuel transfer switch moves the fuel FWD or AFT to keep the CG balanced, But I made a mistake putting the visibility of the CFT’s in center 2. Default position is auto and that means fuel is transferred to center2 from the other tanks to balance the load. To prevent this happening on your end, just put the switch into off position.

5 Likes

Much obliged sir :ok_hand: :airplane:

1 Like

What should the avionics weight be set to?

Not exceding 36000lbs should be enough to not affect overall performance although affects acceleration times.

Also, take into account that unlike our other aircrafts, here the fuel consumption is about 45000 lbs per hour at sea level and is reduced gradually vs altitude when afterburner is on (real aircraft consumption is even higher while afterbuner). At military thrust, the fuel consuption is reduced for optimun cruise and endurance cruise.

2 Likes

I’m referring to the field below the pilot weight…

Here you have the approach and landing speeds chart according gross weight: Take into account that you make the approach at a higher speed than touchdown.

Example:

At 30000lbs gross weight, try to maintain about 168knots, while the touchdown could be made about 156knots.

At 20000lbs gross weight, try to maintain about 136knots, while the touchdown could be made about 125knots.

2 Likes

oh, about that, it is irrelevant, it is a distinction that we put in the 1-seat models with respect to the 2-seats models. So it can be 0 perfectly

1 Like

Got it. Thanks Jack!

1 Like

That plane looks so :fire: :fire: :fire: in aggressor livery

1 Like

Just tried it in VR. Its great but if ever a plane absolutely needs one of those proper flying seat set ups its this one. Because you’re in such a reclined seating position in the F16 it feels weird to be sitting up right at your desk whilst flying it in VR. It must feel incredibly cramped to fly in real life. Its a tiny cockpit.

1 Like

It’s indeed incredibly small - I thought my brother had messed up the cockpit scaling when I first tried it in VR, but he’d done it perfectly. The real F-16 is so small ( for weight saving when designed ) that taller pilots have to duck their heads to see the HUD properly.

1 Like

Thanks guys for all the advice
Fixed all weights and i am starting editing :sunglasses:
This addon is the best aircraft there is out there.PERIOD !

7 Likes

Several posts have been removed. Please stay on-topic. All support issues should be directed to the 3rd Party. This forum is for discussion and not support for 3rd Party products.