Famous Flyer III: Beechcraft Bonanza V35

For number 2. Do I select AP first and then the VS and ARM buttons?

I had an interesting experience. I was at about 13,000ft, and had to step away from the computer for a few minutes, so I pressed the NAV, and ALT buttons on my Logitech panel, and on came the AP. I look away for a few minutes, and found the plane had gone into a massive dive, and I was redding out. I hadn’t touched the altitude selector so this was still set to 0000. I had assumed the AP would simply hold the current altitude, not seek the what the altitude selector was set to. I hadn’t touched VS or FLC, just ALT. Later in the flight I repeated the same thing, this time with the altitude set, and ALT seemed to work as expect. Really all I needed was wings level for a few minutes.

Do you have the 530 mod installed? That makes this unit actually much better and quite nice!

For the rest, really loving this aircraft so far! Have all the Lvars for the little KAP297 mapped, so that works fine with my little home-made button boxes as well.

2 Likes

I don’t currently have it installed. Removed it from community folder a while back for debugging issues with another aircraft, will add it back in again. Does it just automatically get detected/used? I seem to remember I had to actually select garmin mods via the EFB on other aircraft.

No, it works directly when you have it in the folder. I really like to generate my flight plan in Little NavMap, which you can then save, and directly open on the GNS530. Really cool.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a go.

You got it.

Been looking at the turbo and normal arrow have you tried both? For me the decider on the arrows would be which sounds nicer.

What a joy flying this lady. Here I was testing an ILS approach at Olbia LIEO (coming home), everything went fine but it’s more satisfying landing manually

4 Likes

Still need to test it myself, but here’s what the manual from the Bendix King site says about the up/down rocker.

Unfortunately not, just went with the turbo for the cruise speed. Sounds awesome though.

1 Like

I have the turbo arrow and the warrior (& both are great), don’t have the std arrow, which I fear would be too similar an experience. You really only need to have one of them though.
The V35 is the most comparible aircraft to what you get with the Pipers/Warrior especially for VOR nav.
Can’t comment on flight models etc, but appearance wise and feature/operability wise the V35 seems as good and comes in significantly cheaper. I do like it though, but yes it dilutes your choice of which GA aircraft to go with.

2 Likes

Will need to try this minus the ALT hold to be sure, but it wasn’t doing anything for me when I last tried using up/down so I suspect the KAS297B overrides it.

Read the link to the KAP-150 I posted above. It’s very helpful to understand how different it is from the -140 that everyone is used to, and how it’s dependent upon the KAS 297B.

2 Likes

They have been flying the Beechcraft Bonanza V35 for several days. I love it, amazing plane! I recommend to everyone!

9 Likes

Just had a try testing out the altitude and V/S. I didn’t seem to need to press AP at all, once I pressed vs and arm buttons AP engaged automatically.

Only went to the AP panel for heading mode.

Thanks for the help.

By the way anyone know what cruise speed I should be aiming for and where I should set RPM at cruise?

I notice on the RPM reading there is an area marked in green (not very clear) I just decreased RPM until it was around 25.

Normal cruise with an IO-520 engine is normally going to be 23MP, 2300 RPM, and leaned to around 14gph. That should put you around 150 KIAS.

4 Likes

Well, 22 useable per tank, for 44 total.

Thanks what does 23 “MP” stand for.

Also I take it the rpm lever is something that should be adjusted as and when?

Max at takeoff and I guess I just adjust it at cruise and back to max when in descent for landing.

MP = manifold pressure

1 Like