Famous Flyer III: Beechcraft Bonanza V35

Wow that´s one of the most beautyfully rendered GA planes I have ever seen! And these seats are so awesome this will become my new flying couch.
Beautyful. Absolutely love this cockpit. I hope there will be a few cockpit variations later on like adding a GNS530 and the typical GTN750 for VFR navigation :slight_smile:

I would go and buy it right now (with a Store voucher I guess, surely this new Carenado can only be bought in the in-game store as usual) if it wasn´t already 9pm with all shops closed :smiley:
One cannot resist a Carenado! That thing looks even more awesome and cozy and romantic than the Seneca V inside. This is PUREST style…

2 Likes

Once you reach the designated altitude, reduce RPM to 2300 and enjoy your cruise.

3 Likes

If you like you can check out the seats in a different colour as well :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have been enjoying this gal, cockpit is wonderful, looks great outside as well and she seems to fly very nicely so far. Good stuff!

1 Like

I’m really liking this plane so far.

My father used to own one that was extremely similar and I’d flown with him on numerous occasions (as a passenger in the co-pilot seat) so I’m really enjoying this on a couple of levels.

5 Likes

I hate it when you have to use all the registrations. I want to use my own.
I want to configure my weight once…not every time I fly.
This is my 3rd Carenado plane. Bought 1 right after release of FS. Bought the second a year later and now this one a year later. I don’t fly any of them because there so disappointing.

1 Like

This is one of the nicest planes in the market and for a reasonable price. So when I sow it, I threw the towel and I bought mi first plane from Microsoft, I was going to wait another year, but this plane I had it in X-Plane and it was a favorite. I am very happy with it and they did a good job. It flies very realistic, the autpilot is buggy but I think is Asobos problem, because is buggy in a lot of planes. Overall, a good buy.

1 Like

Never really paid much attention to MS/ Carenado in the past, but this one looks interesting. Question is do they get patches/ updates at all and if so what’s the frequency? Thanks

Carenado aircraft haven’t seen many patches that I’ve seen. There was one sweeping big one earlier this year that mainly changed their EFB look & location & function on all their own aircraft, but I can’t remember any others.
This one doesn’t have an EFB.
This aircraft is worth it though as most things that need to work work already. Most INOP switches etc are not critical for anything. It’s the biggest “bang for the buck” for a MS release so far IMO. An equivalent aircraft (even from Carenado) sells for 2x the price, (the pipers even more). If you have pipers already then maybe it would be more of the same though. depends how much GA flying you do.

2 Likes

Carenado has done regular updates on most of its aircraft.
For example the GTN750 support that was retrofitted to most of them after the PMS GTN750 was published.

In general Carenado planes have been quite decent out of the box without any real flaws. Updates mainly came along when some update of the sim messed up something in the aircraft. That sometimes took a while though. However, they are not in the habit of abandoneding aircraft (like they used to in FSX). Earlier this year there were also some updates for their oldest planes like the Mooney.

So all in all update quality is satisfactory but a bit slow.

6 Likes

Here is GTN750/650 mod

5 Likes

Never. They only agreed to unlock the cfgs on the PD edition planes starting in SU10 so they can be modded. They’re not unlocking these other planes from what I understand.

If anyone has info the contrary, by all means, please share.

Don’t get it - why distinguish between unlocking pd version and not the others. What’s the difference?

Don’t suppose it affects me on Xbox anyway…

1 Like

If it’s only the cfg files I can’t see the problem either.
The files for the 3D model are a different thing. If you unlock those, you could easily pirate the whole plane.
With other 3rd party devs I don’t see a problem either, because most of them sell via other channels anyway, where the plane isn’t encrypted at all. But that also makes the discussion irrlevant since the modder can buy the plane via a different channel than the marketplace.
Then there’s Carenado planes (I mean the ones that Carenado sells directly). I could imagine that it’s also a question whether Carenado would allow them to unlock those.

Yep this is a dev thing. Plain and simple. If they wanted to sell via another outlet they could but choose not to. They are one of the few who do this.

I’m so glad my favorite general aviation plane is HERE!

in regards to the 2 hour usable fuel. as long you configure mixture and prop at cruise it can go at least 3 hours in flight time. 21MP at 2300 RPM on rich of peak. See fuel endurance meter…

3 Likes

Carenado is getting even better!

3 Likes

How does it perform on XBOX?

1 Like

Useful to know. Thanks. How do you determine correct mixture?

1 Like