"Feather Switch" Dont work! No Solution to completely feather the props with hardware controllers

This is a problem with reverse thrust in the turboprop aircraft as well. I’m surprised this hasn’t gotten more attention as it must affect all Bravo Throttle Quadrant users. I have read a number of people are using Spad as a work around. I haven’t gone that route waiting patiently on the developers to fix this. I would expect this basic functionality to be a priority for Asobo but so far no luck.

The only keybinding that seems to work is ‘Toggle Propeller Reverse Thrust’ but infuriatingly it is not per-engine, which makes it useless on twins!

2 Likes

I could’ve sworn I found a button to toggle feathering on the King Air. I’ll look into this and get back to you.

It seems to put both levers in the King Air into the feather position.

Yeah, which is basically the last thing you would ever want to do on a single engine failure :wink:

1 Like

Not only that, ‘Toggle Propeller Reverse Thrust’ doesn’t toggle reverse thrust in the Caravan, it toggles feathering.

The propeller pitch keybindings that are offered don’t really make a heck of a lot of sense.

1 Like

Do any of the planes in the sim actually have a “feather switch”?

It seems like a bit of a hack. It appears to reverse the effect of the axis so you can go into the negative range to feather the prop.

In MSFS axes run from 0 to 16384. To feather the props you have to set the axis to -4096 (or -0.25 on a 0 to 1 scale.)

1 Like

I got this to work using Mobiflight.

Screenshot 2022-04-12 171841

1 Like

So I just did a little test with the Beechcraft Baron. In cruise flight I pulled the mixture on one engine back to full lean so it stopped. Also closed the throttle on that side. Pulled the prop lever back to feather and the engine does stop!!

I then advanced the mixture and throttle on the stopped engine, went into a shallow dive to get some airpeed, and moved the prop lever forwards and successfully windmilled the prop and restarted it.

Pretty good!!

Only negative thing I noticed is windmilling prop does not seem to increase drag at all.

I found a way to make it work!!!
Watch the video and leave a like if it helped!
Go to my channel boda09games on YouTube i made a video…

1 Like

Link to the video would be appreciated!

1 Like

#pc.

Microsoft Store version

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
NO

Brief description of the issue:
There is still no way to bind propeller feathering to separate engines on a twin engine GA plane piston or turbine. The sim does not allow you to bind it, so it works accurately and correct. The workarounds are not doing the propeller feathering correct in regards you cannot simulate an engine failure and feather only that one engine in MSFS. Yes, doing it via mouse works, but I want to be able to bind it to my joystick Button or lever

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
No Binding possibility

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
Bravo Honeycomb

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Since launch of the sim more than a year ago.

I did a search on YT and found it, How to configure propeller feather with bravo throttle quadrant form honeycomb in msfs2020 - YouTube

Does not work. Once you set up for cruise and have an engine failure thats where it gies wrong. This only feathers engines when the pitch lever is either full fine or full min. Its click bait and he does not demonstrate the process when the aircraft is in cruise!

Its not working the way it should. Its halfway there but not all the way. You are not demonstrating a prop feather if the plane is in cruise. Thats where the combination of bindings gets crazy and feathers all
Props

I havent watched it yet, but could you not bring the props to full fine after the engine failure and then feather them?

It does both engines and not only one! Its a good work around for when you on stand and shutting down. But not for when you are in cruise configuration and have an engine failure!

For me was working independently… It is not clickbait, just wanted to help! I will do a recording of it working in flight and post it here. But i do not know how to post the link here… it does not allow me…