This wasn’t clear. In some cases, aircraft may need a core fix or additional programming to release before they can update (more in relation to 1st party aircraft fixes being streamed directly). They also said that they have to do a bunch of testing for the content after the developers update files.
It’s hard to follow both the stream and keep an eye on the chat, so I didn’t get more than that. Hope you’re feeling better soon!
That VRAM bug explanation is hmmm, they kinda juust said assets are using too much memory, but they didnt explain why its leaking, why it never gets “flushed”.
Seems they are just cutting down on their memory and not able to fix the bug in its root
That’s entirely a distraction for sure. Quick resume does not work in MSFS and never really has, and many Xbox users here know that and still have issues.
I haven’t yet managed to listen to the whole thing but the few minutes that I managed to tune in for I heard what sounded like them saying that Xbox LOD issues are all caused by people using quick resume - which nobody in the right mind does and I certainly don’t. Terrible LOD in all airliners and detail popping, especially bad at night is present at the departure airport never mind the arrival one. Try flying something bigger than a Cessna when testing please
I highly appreciate the team spending the time on those dev livestreams. Todays stream was long and after watching the whole thing just now I have the impressions things are finally improving and SU2 will be the “game changing” update that one can look forward to. Maybe after SU2 drops it is time to give 2024 another chance.
Ok, what question(s) about the VRAM bug and/or memory leaks might be asked that were not already answered either today or a month ago? All I took away was we need to properly exit the sim and shut down our Xboxes to clear out the memory (something I already do after every session); and various assets need to be further optimized for 2024. Please what am I missing or misunderstanding?
I would like to know the breakdown between Xbox and PC. XBox will include ‘casual’ simmers whereas, I suspect, PC will be more for ‘serious’ simmers; no offence meant to either party by the way.
There must be a big chunk of console players only using a controller. Because on Xbox the mouse freelook doesn’t work, yoke bindings resetting and not working like landing lights on the 737max
Trim on 737 is inverted compared to PC24 and every other aircraft I used
Not sure the question was asked / answered on 3rd party updates, but they did talk about 1st party updates that are being tested, back & forth discussions with the 1st party developer and some updates requiring core sim bug fixes hence tied to a SU1.
Side note: I know this is usually like this, but I found the chat particularly toxic. Myself being a VR user, I was ashamed by the spamming and direct attacks made by some users. Not a good move to get VR prioritization with such a bad representation… Also very annoyed by other spammers, where the question had got answered and still asking the question. If you join the party late, just refrain from spamming and wait for the video upload… I don’t know if there are improvements that can be made by mods for next session.
Interesting to see they plan to formally introduce DLSS4 in SU2. I appreciate all the info from my fellow fliers concerning getting it into the sim now, but I’m getting good enough performance now to live without DLSS4 for three months, or until I get bored enough someday after another NVIDEA update to play with it for a while.
Good to know it’s in an upcoming update.
Regards
Instead of discussing the bug list sorted by vote count - group the bugs by general category. Eg: VR, User Interface, EFB, LOD, Career, Mission, Airports, Marketplace, Streaming, etc.
This would allow related things to be addressed at the same time and in depth, without it being scattered.