FFAI - Complete AI Traffic add-on coming soon for MSFS

a very welcome addon. generic models are fine in my opinion to save precious resources.
didn’t see any GA though apart a couple of bizjets, I wonder if there are plans to include GA in smaller airports/airfields.

3 Likes

looks interesting, please do add some ga-traffic too

2 Likes

In which way has this been tested? Based on my experience icao_generic models tend to have moments where they are overriding custom models (for online live traffic).

awesome. this is going to be HUGE if it works and about time too!

Is that the one being promised since 2020?

I’d rather have something working now, than this ‘soon soon soon’ and end up in 2023. Although this one is also ‘soon’… so maybe there’s not much difference! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So glad to see this. I’m on-board.

And FFAI is rather quiet, not answering any questions so far, having some generic anonymous email and no download site I can detect… which is fine of course - I like my privacy too - but it makes ‘soon’ even more mysterious…

more fun that way, i bet the is hard at work, i expect oen week, maybe 2, or even earlier

It’s a pure promo account. Only created for this topic.

Well, that is the difference then between us two, I rather have something with a good quality a little bit later than something earlier that is just plain c*… Each to his own, if people are happy with something like shown in the vid, go ahead… I wont

2 Likes

I don’t think anybody is denying you your quality addon? I presume that still will be released some day…

I don’t mind being tied over with something workable. It’s not like I’m inspecting every plane that I meet, up close.

6 Likes

Well, if that is what the mod ends up being, then your solution is simple. DONT USE THE MOD.

I want to encourage this developer to continue his work on this. It is the closest we have gotten yet to better traffic and liveries.

9 Likes

Well it was an impressive video, although I’ve yet to see the relevance of the sound track - but I’m an old fuddy duddy!

However the complete lack of any further info or even comment from the developer says to me, don’t hold your breath. He/she may even have been put off by some of the comments posted here - we should be encouraging, not decrying these efforts to further improve our experiences.

Goes into my “wait and see” file.

7 Likes

I think the problem is that the users of this forum have different levels of AI traffic running. Some users are running MSFS with the vanilla Asobo generic models and other users (like me) are using different models and liveries from other “sources”.

A user who is still playing vanilla will be hyped but for others it’s not that hot.

All ai-mods is a step forward and gives up hope. Thanks for your work!

5 Likes

Yes, thank you! Any sim enhancements are a good thing if they work well!

4 Likes

Agreed, people could jusy use the goodlooking A320’s, but the main thing about this mod, if true, is that it will improve AI control, it seems. From the video, it looked like AI was behaving better than the default and a low fps hit claimed. Dfault AI hits fps pretty hard atm imho.

Additionally, it says you can use other AI models. So I assume others might integrate their models into it. It would take too long to create new models and AIG seems to own rights to every model out there!

1 Like

the actual AI behavior will not changed, cause it has the same base as the default SimObjects. Same goes to the FPS hit, as long as it uses the generic models the imapct will be same as with the default models.

and BTW: AIG owns the rights of about 3 or 4 modles that are intresting for MSFS: B757-200 B757-300 Do328Jet and CRJ-700 (for the later one there is a newer model developed by some other developer).

I didn’t really see anything that surprised me. I only know a workaround for extending the take-off roll but everything else seems to be locked away.

I have seen what happens if you are using custom AI models with icao_generic models. Sometimes the generics are overriding the other models. You can have a specific A320 Starflyer model and the game decides to spawn a generic Air Asia (for whatever reason).

What you want….

2 Likes