FFAI - Complete AI Traffic add-on coming soon for MSFS

In what time frame can we expect a beta or even a main release?

This is as much ā€œAIā€ as I amā€¦

Iā€™m particularly interested that live traffic map, it looks spectacular, not sure tho, if itā€™s to come with the pack or itā€™s just the designers tool.

the only downside, imo, is that it uses native MSFS models that really suck, although the designers advertise it as an upside for good FPS.

I donā€™t care the models. They can even be more less low resolution. The only thing concerns me is FPS. But even its name is frame friendly, soā€¦

1 Like

Well if they say theyā€™re frame friendly then I have to believe it. No one would lie about thatā€¦

since they are using the same models like the default Sim, there will be no performance impact compared to the default MSFS.

ā†’ AI will always have an impact on performance! So far it actual seems that all airplanes designed for AI (default or 3rd party) have less impact compared to other Simulator before. But this might be a result in some other ā€œdowngradesā€ within the AI system. We will see how this will evolve over the next months. One thing is for sure: Live AI, realistic Models, liveries and performance FDE will come with performance impacts.

1 Like

has the developer responded to anyone?

we need more info & a proposed release date,

frame friendly with accurate liveries is most welcome & I guess the native MFS AI models can be improved over timeā€¦

How do you want to improve them? Even if the native AI models of MSFS actually will look like their real world counterparts once, you would still have the ā€œproblemā€ that you only get an A330 and an A380, no Boeing, no other Airbus types (except the default A320Neo), and with just two, three tubeliner types, no AI traffic can be represented in any realistic manner. And I highly doubt that Asobo will start adding more and more AI models for the sake of AI traffic addons or repaints done by 3rd party, no?

Some might be happy with an AI traffic built from just three models and for example having Ryanair performing all flights in the sim with an Ryanair Repaint for the A320Neo or all widebodies worldwide being the A330 with corresponding repaints, but I wontā€¦ for this, I am to much spoilt by the AI traffic I have in P3D (AIG full install)ā€¦

1 Like

well that remains to be seen - up to Asoboā€¦

I donā€™t think they will add more models. Donā€™t they even need permission?

They havenā€™t been able to get liveries even.

That being said, if this mod is true(still remains to be seen), it is a big welcome for many. Until something better comes out anyhow. AIG is min. at least 7 months away.

I donā€™t have P3D, but live traffic in x plane 11, same stuff.

More important we get more live traffic, which ASOBO reduced recently.

This certainly looks promising. Hopefully this mod actually sees light of day at some point.

1 Like

Agreeā€¦ looks very promising. Now if someone would please fix those awful generic AI aircraft models.

1 Like

Hope this comes out before the AIG release. OCI which is constantly crashing and slow.

It is good if there is other software besides AIG.

Jorg has said a few times theyā€™re making AI quality aircraft based on real planes which they have the licence for. But it sounds like they donā€™t want to release them without having liveries first.

1 Like

I havenā€™t had any issue with OCI.

Uh no they havenā€™t? It has in fact increased over the last couple updates. This was from Sunday.

Asobo stated exactly thatā€¦ they are making more models for their own AL traffic. Jorg even said that a lot of them as it takes a lot of man hours to finish this task.

oh yes it has been reduced. A few weeks ago after last sim update we were getting over 20 aircraft in airports coming and going, now there are only a few.

The VFR map often will NOW show many aircraft but they vanish. They donā€™t make it to the airports to land, even if they are suppose to based on flightpaths. Sometimes the VFR will show planes that vanish. What happens now is when you fly, planes will spawn, as you see on VFR, but if you were to wait for them at the airport, they never arrive. They only spawn and despawn when you are near them.

Asobo stated exactly thatā€¦ they are making more models for their own AL traffic. Jorg even said that a lot of them as it takes a lot of man hours to finish this task.

It will be some weird looking models then lol