Finally! SU4 added a Splash Screen!

I have the store version.
A good idea, but not the result I was hoping for. I turned off my Windows Defender anti-virus and booted up the sim. It still took 30-40 seconds for anything obvious to happen.

I assume it is loading (and checking for piracy etc) the program and its data into the Protected SANDBOX, before it actually starts to run the Sandboxed application.

Load a LOT faster from HIBERNATION !!!

I think you’re correct on both counts!

hehe interesting :yum: there’s a trace… If Game Services comes in first, it shows this (ancient) splash immediately. And then… it takes >30 seconds to check (some cloud? urls?) it we are allowed to start :shushing_face: some improvement could be on the horizon… This splash sceen may be not needed because GS is not supposed to take that long ?

You may have solved part of the puzzle, @enemPilot. I always defended they could simply switch the mouse to hourglass/wait cursor. That would at least inform us something happened with our double click… now I realize this >30 seconds wait may be a symptom of an issue… or server timeout (?) with Game Services.

Isn’t it great how Microsoft has completely hijacked this forum by tossing out a ‘shiny’? While all this discussion, debate, and speculation goes on, the attention is drawn from other items. Brilliant, Microsoft!! I’m just gonna make sure Microso……. SQUIRREL!!!

1 Like

“Microsoft giveth and Microsoft taketh away”

2 Likes

I wonder if it’ll come back today?

I really hope NOT – a user custom Splash screen is so much better, (is under user control), and can do so much more … (see above posts for details )

is the splash back ? LOL

Nope, slightly disappointed Asobo haven’t moved to fix a feature they added in the last update that was broken within days.

Asobo didn’t add that. It was the MS Gaming Services app that was showing the splash screen.

1 Like

It’s a feature for a programme they wrote.

Presumably a third party MS team didn’t add it randomly without any input from Asobo and if that’s the case then Asobo need to communicate with whatever team has responsibility for it. There’s nobody else who’s job it is to ensure it’s fixed.

It’s a feature that MS’s gaming services app added. It’s not part of the sim code. Asobo had nothing to do with it. At all. Yes, it’s all under the MS umbrella, but each one of these apps and services attached to the MS Store and XBOX services is a separate group working on their own projects. Asobo had no part in adding that splash screen.

This is one of the many reasons I dislike the MS Store. Too may disconnected services run by different teams that create a fragmented ecosystem.

1 Like

Asobo has everything to do with it.

It’s a feature for their application and almost certainly it was added at their request.
They may or may not have created themselves but if it wasn’t them it was a thrid party creating something they requested and if it doesn’t work Asobo need to be pushing that third party to fix the work they created.

I ask again, who else’s job is it to push to get it fixed if not Asobo ?

Well then, you can continue to believe whatever it is you wish.

Do you have an answer to the question I asked ?

Haha apparently this was too much to ask, maybe in the next ipsate

The splash screen appeared only ONCE after installing Sim Update 4 and rebooting the computer.
Since then it NEVER appeared again!

I have written a bug report in Microsoft Zendesk … now, Asobo has to react to it … :yum:

They will deny it ever existed.

You must have been hacked by X-Plane. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

In fact, although I saw it too (more than once), now I start to doubt it myself. Maybe it was just mass hysteria…

It was a test. I think they are going to add it back in Sim Update 5, also (PC update 2.0) :wink::blush:
We will see in the next Q&A at Wednesday