First thoughts on sim update 5

Made a 6 hour flight in one go with a NEO to see how stable the new update is.
I had absolutely no problem with CTD’s , all just went fine.
Temps stayed ok in my water cooled system just like it did before.
Silky smooth experience, really a step upwards for MSFS :grinning:

1 Like

A32nx FBW taxi light,landing, strobe, and runway lights doesn"t work on my end. Cant flick the switch. Does anyone encounter this as well?

i5 9600k RTX2060S 16GB Ram Steam install on SSD.
Pros: 2D seems slightly better/smoother;
VR seems slightly improved too;
no CTDs (but I never really had any before) even when thrashing system with background programs (iTunes/Firefox,Outlook etc) and shifting files about between drives.
Cons: Laborious update, followed by Content updates;
lost my brakes (now remapped);
lost training/landing challenge progress (no concern to me, however I’ve gained 10GB+ when I decided to uninstall that content :laughing:);
lost menu screen when dropping out of first flight (deleted fs-base-ui and rebooted/re-installed);
irritating new cockpit UI (found Legacy mode and rectified);
‘Escape’ to un-pause had disappeared and replaced by ‘#’ (remapped key);
turned off all the easy-mode settings that had been enabled;
found newly created second 8GB RollingCache, in addtion to exisiting 32GB cache (another 8GB gained)

So far, only like 1 or 2 hours, all in steam gauge planes, its fantastic. Only a couple issues having to do with controls (Flaps, unable to turn fuel selector). Other than that, performance is great, scenery looks fantastic, and so far no CTD, except in the installer. Very sorry for those who have experienced otherwise.

Thank you very much all work well now :grin:

They lock it cause of xbox version ??

Try it
General settings → accessibility → cockpit interactions and switch to legacy.as @BriL0ve said

Can someone explain why the discovery flights and landing challenges run so flawlessly. My cpu stays on fairly low usage and gpu stays pegged on 100% and these flights are unbelievably smooth. Load into same area from flight planner and frames drop and still get some stutters even after update. 10700k and 2070s. What makes the performance so well on the discovery flights?

1 Like

i did change it to legacy but doesn’t let me flick the taxi, runway, landing and wing light… only the strobe and nav logo light… the strobe switch does nothing… the dome lights is also not clickable… on the flywbywire a32nx (marketplace)… the stock a320n is ok on all switches so far…

There are some release notes you might want to check out here you go. Microsoft Flight Simulator Available Today on Xbox Series X | S and Xbox Game Pass

1 Like

If you got to general, accesibility than cockpit interaction system and turn it on legacy it goes back to normal. Your welcome.

What is this cockpit interaction system lock mode? Things turn blue and flash when the mouse goes over them, but clicking on the cockpit controls and moving the mouse wheel etc does nothing.

very good update so far

@mafiaz1980 I think that’s broken. You have to use the development version (which is way better anyway) that you can find at FlyByWire Simulations.

Kev

mouse settings not on default results in mouse not working ,
CTD in menu ,
CTD while loading
CTD while standing still on runway.
msfs not listening to it’s own settings ( Max Frame Rate 60 ) then get 105 in menu and 73 while on the runway…
Menu selection not responding for – up to a minute.

and this from someone who had Zero problems till this update

i did download the 0.6.1 installer and install it using the installer… and even tried the development mode but encountered same issues… is there new version than that? or should i use the official version and try again?

The frame rates are certainly a lot better. But jumpy in parts when switching external/internal views. Noticeable improvement on the ground at airports. Slow camera pan with Alpha hat switch also bit twitchy at times.

I have been able to increase detail sliders to 150 (from 100), while keeping res slider at 80. (1440p UW, 3700x, 3070, 32gb) Mix of High/Ultra. Increase cockpit refresh rate also to medium from low.

Ground textures above 5000ft seem lower resolution in trial flights in France & Italy. More flights needed to confirm. Draw distance was ok.

152/172 pitch trim behaviour seems off using Bravo. One small turn up/down and planes react far too much.

WT G1000 screen brightness is too dark and unable to zoom in/out on MFD map.

CRJ has PFD speed freeze (Aerosoft aware).

WT CJ4 circuits around LOWI performed very well :+1: did not use FMC.

Overall the performance part is hugely encouraging, definitely a few issues to get sorted.

@mafiaz1980 It depends on when you downloaded it. If it hasn’t been in the last 24 hours, then yes, download it again. And make sure it’s going either directly into your Community folder, or even better, use an addons linker and put it wherever that wants you to. But if you don’t already have that, trying to add it at this exact moment in time may add unnecessary complexity to your situation, but do plan to add it later.

1 Like

i will try this again… thanks…

Update: I was able to get it flying after taking out the Aerosoft CRJ, FlyByWire a320nx and the Winter and Spring Foliage packages out of the Official content folders. I had the community folder emptied already but that apparently wasn’t enough to satisfy the sim. Flying but now i have to setup up AFC Bridge glitchy software for the Honeycomb controlers and all my Community add-ons too FUN!

unbelievable. after a new installation without mods still the same result. Infinite loading. I’m speechless.