[FIXED 1.13.17.0] World Update 3 has broken flight dynamics, exhibit A

try to rotate at 80kts will fully loaded a32nx… you will be suprised to find out, that it is possible too…

There is actually such an aircraft in MSFS! Can land on water.

1 Like

Just change the engine type to JET :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah I know, but I was mocking the flight model with the over the top ground effect we are currently experiencing :wink:.

2 Likes

yep. I know thi one too :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Crowmiester Sir, I salute your patience and energy, and appreciate your contributions to this forum. Thank you!

1 Like

For me, the turboprop lag lag in the sim, where you notice you have descended a little too quick, you advance the throttle…and nothing happens for a second. That lag takes getting used to.

I hope the C208 can be healed with regard to flaps. I have read elsewhere a 3PD whose C208 mod I was using is taking a look at some point to see if anything can be done while we wait for Asobo.

The next Q&A is going to be interesting to say the least.

Thats what I’m thinking / hoping every Q&A but it always turns out the same…

3 Likes

Flew the C172 G1000 yesterday - landing attributes look fine to me, if anything a little better.
Today I flew the Bonanza - again no notable difference and again seemed a little easier to land - but that may have been my luck!
Next trip the CJ4.

I’m sorry to people that are saying this is closer to realism. It won’t let me upload a video as I’m a new user but take a look at my YouTube video. A320 takeoff applying full flap at 60 knots and then pitching DOWN.
I am a real life type rated pilot and I can assure you this is not the takeoff technique we use…

Would be nice if they could just revert the update…rather than wait a few months now or if users had the option to accept an update rather than it being forced!

youtu.be/F_ohWGzCkO0

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Issues Reinstalling DVD version - Product key Already Used

Looks like I’m in the minority. I only really fly the JBM, C152, C172, and Savage. The descent rate at idle appears to be more realistic at low power settings. Each plane, I’ve either personally flown in real life or are similar enough to planes I’ve flown.

Before, the JBM would have like at 1,200 FPM descent rate at idle without flaps, putting the nose to arrest the descent would cause a near stall. To make the approaches work, I would have to drag it in with power to have the 500 FPM descent you normally get with a 60 kt approach speed. In real life you can go idle on the downwind leg and glide easily in without power and two stages of flap with a normal traffic pattern size.

In these smaller planes the change is great in my opinion.

I don’t fly airliners, but did anybody see if was the stock or modded versions were having issues?

1 Like

Landing TBM is unrealistic after last update. The plane behaves like a glider. It completely lacks heaviness. Didn’t check other planes.

It seems like some aircraft were updated to account for this change and others were not. The Bonanza didn’t seem terrible to me, but power settings did seem a bit lower then the numbers I was using before which were pretty close to real values.

Since the Discovery Flight for this UK update uses the Bonanza, it might have received more attention then some other aircraft.

If the developers provided a more complete change log (for example per aircraft changes), then we would have a better idea of what aircraft might be getting further updates in Sim Update 3. Unfortunately there always seem to be a lot of changes not listed in the patch notes that we receive.

3 Likes

That’s possible. Given that this change will end up being positive once the aircraft are updated, some of them may already have received some initial updates.

I noticed that too, flaps at approach I basically had to go idle to maintain my normal base leg profile. Once I put the flaps to down on short final it seemed to handle normally though. Will try to play around with it some more tonight.

I have flown the KingAir quite a lot recently and the first thing I noticed after the update was that it literally leapt into the air on take off roll.

On landing, indeed, it just wouldn’t come down.

You can fly with 38 KIAS on the Cessna 172 without flaps :joy: Sorry Guys (Asobo) please fix it .

best regards

Lucio, after reading this thread I attempted 4 challenge landings at St. Barts using the TBM (and I’m pretty danged good; teach flight sim for an arm of the USAF. Not once out of those tries was I able to get the blasted plane stopped by the end of the runway. My last and best try saw me flying just above or slightly below stall speed, full flaps, engine idling, just skimmed the trees and had to hold her nose down til touchdown about 3/4 down runway (nose wheel landing man!). Full prop reverser and skidding the brakes. No one is going to land this puppy on this challenge using the TBM, and with the current configuration; prove me wrong. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just had a few touch and go at my local airport (LECO) with the 152 that I know well (for having flewn it several hours taking PL classes). Apart for an exxaggerated flaps drag (that wasn’t there before, but is still closer to RL than no drag at all) I can land within specs (60-55 kts, gentle flare). I do not experience the increased ground effect that others reports, but that could depend on the high-wing config of the Cessna (low wing planes have indeed greater ground effect in RL).
All in all I do not complain too much, although the flight model still need some tweaking

1 Like