[FIXED 1.13.17.0] World Update 3 has broken flight dynamics, exhibit A

The debate would seem to be about whether the new flight model is better. And it gives me cause for concern that a professional developer would release a product half done - not updating the config files. Expecting third parties to do it isn’t acceptable.

I suppose the problem with the latter is that it would make piracy of those planes much easier ?

1 Like

So there’s no difference, except your reason for using such a mod. Someone has already created a mod to “fix” the flaps issue on all Standard aircraft. There’s no need to tinker with files yourself. Why not give it a bash?

Sure, everyone does it according to his preferences / knowledge, as always

I am happy with mods that make aircraft better, but not with mods to fix a simulator programing error and if the workarround is change settings on config files Asobo must do it.

3 Likes

I understand your sentiment, but this flaps fix is nothing more than a config file change just like every other mod out there for aircraft. Whether you are changing the flaps, or adjusting max RPM of a prop, the changes are made to the same files, and is this example I think the very same file.

There is no distinction but the purpose behind creating the mod i.e. it’s purpose for being created.

So if you had a previous mod for an aircraft that changed a dozen things, and flew great before the UK update, which then broke how it flew, you would reject the mod because the dev. made one change to a single line, to workaround the flaps issue, and pushed that new mod version, even if it made the “aircraft better”, to use your own words, and instead continue to use the old version of the mod that doesn’t also change the flaps, even though it now flies worse than it did before?

It’s quite simple fix, I agree, have mods to make it easier. But we paid for MSFS, there are some planes you cannot modify the .cfg file due encryption. A few KiB hotfix could solve this for us until next update. It looks like Asobo have no idea about coding a flight simulator

5 Likes

You are right about this workaround only working on Standard edition aircraft. For all others Asobo have to fix them to work with the new flight model.

They really should allow the tweaking of those aircrafts parameters. Not removing the encryption, just exposing the relevant config files but still protecting them from theft.

I think one of the reasons cited in a previous Q&A was pretty flimsy. It was because they didn’t want modded planes tainting the landing challenges. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Uninstalled sim, rolled back to negative review on Steam. Fix this mess NOW. Decision to not release an hotfix knowing both problem and solution, and telling people who paid for a product to fix it themselves because you broke it is OUTRAGEOUS.

9 Likes

if you want the opinion of an idiot (me),
i would say we can stop complaining or crying over spilled milk, the MS/ASOBO people know they screwed up,
i just hope they learn from their mistakes next time

ok, where can I transfer my paid money to mods instead of developer? Thanks.

For me it was relatively easy. I made a donation to the developer of the GNS530 mod, for example. Did you have something else in mind?

I humbly disagree, as an idiot I think putting blame where is due makes people learn, they shouldn’t get away with something so serious like we can swallow anything without a blink. I could bear some bugs, but having a broken flight model, worse than alpha release for probably a month? This is beyond “crying”.

yes, taking that donation from the 70€ they got.

I enjoy flying the 208. It was okay unmodded, was much better modded, and broken again after the UK update was released. My choices are simple:

1. Download the updated mod for the 208 (Thanks @dgtlanlg ) making it better again.
  2. Refuse to use a workaround mod on principle, and post about this decision on the forums.

Option 1 lets me continue to enjoy an aircraft I like flying. Option 2 does not. Option 2 is the least effort, and yet still leaves you with a broken plane.

I don’t have a piece of paper on my wall that says I can conduct brain surgery, but I’m going with option 1.

4 Likes

Good for you. I’m sure developers also don’t have a piece of paper reminding how many times they screwed up their own product. I’m sure being so easy-going will absolutely not encourage to roll out untested, broken updates in the future.

I doubt an ideological decision on your part, or a logical choice on mine will have any bearing on how Asobo continue to develop the sim. This was clearly an error, and a bad one I’ll grant you.

If we followed the doctrine of not using mods to improve features that Asobo have insufficiently developed, and should be doing themselves, we’d probably have no mods at all.

I’ll grant you the difference that this is an accident, and not an insufficiently developed feature such as the G1000.

They broke the flight model for all aircafts. They didn’t forget to model a G1000 knob.

They

broke

the

flight

model

Besides, if you think the problem is solved, why you should obstruct others to get their problem solved? It’s not like having Asobo fix it will do any harm to you. I suppose they don’t give out cookies to accomodating customers…

1 Like

Actually, reading between the lines they fixed the flight model with regard to ground effect. What leaked in was a change that should never have been released, and for which they published a workaround. It’s probably not the full story though.

I’m not obstructing anyone, and in fact have mentioned many times that there is a workaround, and someone has even created a mod for anyone to use, for Standard aircraft. You seem to not want to take advantage of this for some reason, so are really only obstructing yourself.

Well you actually keep saying “you did enough, we’ll sort this out ourselves”, which just looks like minimizing other’s problem. Well no, we’re not going to fix it ourselves, some of us can if they want, but what they did is not ok nor enough. I’m not going to complain if you ask for a better G1000 modelling, mods are OK for IMPROVING, not for make things USABLE. Why must I argue with a user (negatively affected by his own admission, and who will not be affected by an eventual hotfix) instead of deveolpers which is at fault, and which I’m blaming (rightly so by their own admission) is beyond my comprehension. What you’re doing is putting paid developers before paying customers, saying freelancers will fix their mistakes for free.

3 Likes

Sorry, I was busy flying the 208:

I will be affected by the hotfix. I also don’t know why you are arguing, either.