[FIXED 1.13.17.0] World Update 3 has broken flight dynamics, exhibit A

Keep flying it and let us solve our problems. I don’t know why you are worried we’ll get this fixed properly. Besides, The only thing you should be sorry, is hijacking a bug thread

1 Like

Some have mentioned they have noticed some odd behaviour on the ground, with planes like the Seminole. I too have noticed this, like static friction has been reduced.

Well I just noticed that my 208 has gradually been sliding sideways up a hill. Here is the first shot I took in my earlier post:

Here is where I am now:

Even with the parking brake on, I am drifting sideways slowly, and up a hill.

I can see some mist sliding by, indicating the wind direction, and that is the direction I am moving. It can’t be more than 6-8kts.

But it’s not the wind. I if switch from live weather, and instead customise the wind, not matter what direction I set the wind, or its strength, I persists with this slow creep to the left up a hill!

Even a 150kt wind is not able to change the direction I slide.

6 Likes

You made my day. I have tears in my eyes, Mate. So funny. But keep me up to date on this issue, this broken flight dynamics are getting out of control now.

D’ye know, although I’m familiar with this hill carving, this is the first time I’ve noticed he has a wiggly club. I always thought it was straight. You’ve opened my eyes Mate!

2 Likes

It’s not time lapse, but scrubbing through it or running it at faster speed will show the gradual creep.

To be honest, this does ring a bell, and I’m sure its been there before the UK update. It may be more pronounced now, but I think it may have always been broken in this way.

3 Likes

Hello LucioTheBird, as you may know the Asobo flight model was not realistic before version 1.13.16.0 aka “WU3”. That Asobo “tuned” the flight models in the wrong direction from non-realistic to even more non-realistic is a sad topic. See Flight Dynamics Bug Details - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
For months I make flight models mods for many MSFS 2020 airplane. You can find my work at MSFS 2020 sailplane or at Daher TBM 930 flight model mod • Flight Simulator 2020
Please try my TBM930 mod and tell if it is realistic within the limitations of MSFS 2020.
A lot of people have upvoted this current bug. Can you please upvote the following wish Workaround for missing propeller drag, please! - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
This wish describes a way to make propeller airplanes more realistic without too much effort for Asobo. I like Asobo to do my job, that is provide realistic flight models!

They didn’t intentionally tune it though, it was a mistake. I agree that it is not acceptable though, imo a hotfix would be the right path. Or at least a way to “fix” the issue for the Premium aircraft

Hopefully the improvements they have planned will address the aspects of the flight model that are missing/not finished.

Ground effect tweaks were planned, the flaps were not.

Yeah. The ground effect change is probably positive, we just don’t know due to the flaps issue.

Unless you edit a single line in a single file, of course. For Standard aircraft, that is.

Yeah true. I haven’t had time to try it yet, but I haven’t heard any complaints about the ground effect from those who fixed the issue, so I assume it’s a good change.

2 Likes

The simulation is working perfectly.
It is a law of nature that travelers will slowly back away from a giant with an engorged wang and a club.

1 Like

Asobo don’t agree with you, apparently.

One may draw the interesting conclusion from this that they changed the flight model and despite the delay, didn’t appear to check that it actually worked properly.

1 Like

No. Please read the release notes section planes on Microsoft Flight Simulator – World Update III: United Kingdom Now Available!: Steam-News (steampowered.com)

Improved flaps system of aircraft : Aircraft creators can now move the wing surface’s position and camber with each flap system at each flap level

I can not believe this “bug happened by chance”. Asobo tells us that they changed something at the “flaps system”.

1 Like

Actually it’s you doing their job to solve their shortcomings, and people here think it’s totally fine you should do that freely instead of them being paid to. Thanks for the effort btw.

• Fixed induced speed calculation bug with bi propeller engines

• Fixed the plane crash detection when landing on iced water with crash detection ‘ON’

• Fixed swapped screens in DA62 TestPilot version

• Fixed VS Knob Turn not working on the Airbus A320Neo

• Improved flaps system of aircraft : Aircraft creators can now move the wing wing surface’s position and camber with each flap system at each flap level

• Improved ground effect wing to ground interaction system to avoid pitch dip at rotation on some aircraft

Both flaps and ground effect has been tampered with, oh wait it’s improved lol

Every update is a mistake. They aren’t / won’t learn a thing :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well, Asobo improved frame rate on my computer a lot with version 1.13.16.0. I think Asobo is doing work. But they are so bad in the “two steps forward, one step backward software development dance”, it is really a shame.
The company I work for changed a long time ago to “one step forward, no step backward”.

This seems to be different though, it’s an update to the aircraft creation tools I believe. I think this just provides devs with more control on how flaps work on individual aircraft.

Problem is, you have improved FPS in a broken product. If they messed up flaps, climb perfomances (see #835) and ground friction, our easy-peasy (which means editing all aircraft cfg file with untested effects) “workaround” isn’t a workaround anymore.