FIXED by RSG. No more CTD when launching with RealSimGear Device Interface 1.6.2

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When I launch MSFS with the RealSimGear Device Interface 1.5.1.7 I get a reproducable CTD:
======
Naam van toepassing met fout: FlightSimulator.exe, versie: 1.25.4.0, tijdstempel: 0x00000000
Naam van module met fout: FlightSimulator.exe, versie: 1.25.4.0, tijdstempel: 0x00000000
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutmarge: 0x0000000001325cc3
Id van proces met fout: 0x5198
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d8479ad5b51d24
Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pad naar module met fout: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Rapport-id: aaa8a5d0-43fd-4810-a6d6-c61e649a3a7d
Volledige pakketnaam met fout: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout: App
====
More info: if I delete the RSG add on with Add on linker and start RSG.exe after launching the sim, the rotaries and button input is visible in the Device Interface tool. But as soon as I click Fly now, the sim crashes all the same.
I will send the same information to the RSG Discord

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Not necessary

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

With Add On Linker activate RSG Plugin
Launch the sim
After progress bar is 60% or so, the sim crashes with above log entry
Disable RSG Plugin
The sim starts correctly

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7, 9700K, RTX3080. GNS530/430. No mods, only the device interface.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

SU9 is having trouble with some SimConnect apps. Right now I canā€™t get Hudbar to work, and I looked and saw that the ā€œRealSimGear Addon/Pluginā€ driver uses SimConnect, so thatā€™s probably it. If you can fly without it, thereā€™s your confirmation.

Thanks. See the bottom part of my post. I can still fly without using my GNSes.

1 Like

I too have CTD when using RealSimGear.

RSG is aware and the issue has been passed on to the developer. Hopefully theyā€˜ll get the relevant info from MS to fix it, or MS fixes it herself.

Iā€™m curious if the latest beta update fixed this issue? I understand it fixed the issue with other simconnect programs.

I am NOW starting up my Pc to text exactly this :stuck_out_tongue:

I can confirm that 1.25.5 did NOT fix the issue. When I de-activate RSG through add on linker the sim starts up normally. After activating it again the sim boots up til 80%, then the sound starts to stutter and CTD.
@Hester40MT, @Jummivana has this been forwarded to MS as well? The original ctd topic is closed now, but RSG is still not working.

I can get RSG to work, butā€¦ So if I have RSG to start with the sim as usual, the sim does crash. But if I manually start it AFTER the sim has loaded, in the cockpit, RSG works fine. As soon as you exit back to the main menu, the sim crashes. If you exit RSG before leaving the flight, before getting to the main menu, the sim doesnā€™t crash. I have done several flights using different aircraft with RSG, starting RSG after Iā€™m in the cockpit, without any crashes.

2 Likes

Thanks for this report. Do you exit the device manager with task manager? I canā€™t seem to quit it because it seems to restart itself every time. I will try your recipe later.

Yes. I have to shut down RSG through the Task Manager.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I can get RSG to work, butā€¦ So if I have RSG to start with the sim as usual, the sim does crash. But if I manually start it AFTER the sim has loaded, in the cockpit, RSG works fine. As soon as you exit back to the main menu, the sim crashes. If you exit RSG before leaving the flight, before getting to the main menu, the sim doesnā€™t crash. I have done several flights using different aircraft with RSG, starting RSG after Iā€™m in the cockpit, without any crashes. I also have to shut down RSG using the task manager before exiting the flight to get back to the main menu. If I donā€™t shut RSG down before I exit the flight, then once the flight ends I get a CTD.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Latest beta (1.25.7.0) did NOT fix this issue.

Hi. I edited EXE.XML to set the realsimgear add on to Disabled TRUE. Now I am in the cockpit on the runway. I start RSG.exe from the bin folder. The Device Manager canā€™t find any devices. Tried disconnect and connect, Rescan, nothing. The update tool found my GNS530 with the latest firmware installed.

EDIT: after re-installing the MSFS BETA driver, and disabling all other devices that use a com port, I was able to start the device manager from within the cockpit. I saw the digits in the sim change while turning the dials, but after swithing between com frequencies the same error occured.
So it is not stable yet.

Iā€™m not sure why you are having problems. I took realsimgear completely out of the EXE.XML file. I start the sim, load up my flight, and after I get settled in the cockpit, I run RSG from the bin folder. I donā€™t get ant crashes while in my flight, and depending on which aircraft Iā€™m flying, the appropriate knobs and buttons work as they should. Iā€™m using the RealSimGear GMS350 audio panel, The GNS430, the GNS530, and the GFC500 Autopilot with no issues.The only thing I have to do different is to start and stop the RSG interface via the task manager while I am in the sim. If I keep it running while going back into the GUI, the sim crashes.

Which MSFS beta driver are you referring to?

That is the rsg installer itself. There you have to choose msfs beta.
I will try editing the exe as you did.
How do you start RSG from the task manager? I started it from the bin and stopped it from tm. Is that also what you mean?

I start RealSimGear.exe from the bin folder, which brings up the interface, not the installer. I only use the task manager to shut down the RSG interface. So you are saying you have the RSG installer in the bin folder? I do not. The only files I have in the bin folder are the RealSimGear.exe, three .ini files, and a .log file.

Me too. I was trying to say that I used the installer to install the device manager again. And then one meeds to choose msfs beta from the options.

Iā€™ve done quite a few flights now with various aircraft, and my RealSimGear seems to work just fine, with no sim crashes, as long as I shut down RSG before I exit the flight. Iā€™ve done 2 flights lasting more than two hours, changing autopilot modes, switching com frequencies, and Iā€™m not getting any other issues.

I havenā€™t jumped into the beta yet because of the RSG issues noted here. Just trying to ensure I understand the current situation. It looks like there is a new beta driver from RSG available but it still causes CTDs unless you load it after your flight has loaded then shut it down before you,end your flight? Am I I understanding that correctly?