FlightControlReplay V5 for MSFS

FlightControlReplay V5 - Official Announcement

After a long development and hard work during several months, FlightControlReplay Version 5 will come as a new generation tool that will greatly enhance your experience in Replay and Video recording of your flights in Microsoft Flight Simulator and Prepar3D.

This is not a simple update, the core program code has been significantly reworked, and it’s also visible on the user interface revamped with a new look.

Three main goals are on the target :

• Easier to use
• More performance
• Innovative features

NEW LOOK
Based upon the users feedback and suggestions, a total new design for the user interface makes FlightControlReplay look modern and intuitive. It’s also adaptative to your needs : three different sizes with their respective arrangement are available. On top of these, an optional transparency is at your disposal. Whether you want the full buttons visible on a separate window, or the minimum space used with low visual impact as an overlay over the main window of your simulator, everything is possible. And FlightControlReplay still supports VR headsets with access to the controls in VR mode if you like.

MSFS INTEGRATED IN-APP
Another way to launch and control FlightControlReplay in MSFS is to use the toolbar directly from the simulator without leaving the full screen, or the main window. Main features are accessible there on a transparent overlay for direct control.

CORE PROGRAM REVISITED
In order to ensure the best performance, the core program has been deeply upgraded for less CPU and Memory usage. This gives more power to your Windows system and simulator to provide smooth display with faster Video encoding.

BUNCH OF NEW FEATURES
Are you ready for new perspectives ? FlightControlReplay introduced in previous versions the simulation of Flying Formation during a Replay… With the new version 5 you can now fly LIVE with an AI GHOST right beside your plane. And it will not simply replicate your current flight path, it will be impacted by the winds and speeds alteration.

New perspective also for a Cinematic Replay with different cameras automatically cycled without your intervention. Just seat back and watch your flight Replay with different External / Internal points of view!

Often used to watch the challenging moment of the landing after the flight, FlightControlReplay will help you to monitor your pilot skills with a Landing Report showing some data for you to monitor and to keep flying better.

FlightControlReplay will keep included all existing features already available in the current version 4.5 :
• MP4 Video Recorder,
• Crash-to-desktop recovery,
• PlayAsAI Formation Flying in Replay
• Re-Live to resume a flight from any instant during Replay
• AI Traffic detection, following, recording

Stay tuned for more in depth details of each feature, the expected time of release, in future statements soon.

4 Likes

Yes Johnny. For example, for a quick and simple replay with the upcoming FCR v5, you can just use the smallest interface to reduce its window size first. Second, by activating the new “Automatic load of last replay”, you can start the replay right after you end the record without nothing else to do than REC / STOP / PLAY. You don’t have to load a specific file, you don’t have to look for any folder anywhere… That’s easy and direct.

1 Like

Looking forward to this, especially the new ease of use in VR, thanks :+1:

Will V5 be a free upgrade for current V4.5 owners?

1 Like

This looks good! When is it expected to release?

@mgk8544 Since V4.5 has seen MSFS support and several versions of P3D support added for free, several updates packages for free in its life, the V5 is not one of these updates and it’s not free. There will be a reduced price upgrade for V4.5 users.

@gordongreig No exact release date is communicated on purpose, because it’s not planned yet. I hope this year.

1 Like

Sounds exiting! It would be an idea to make this widely available for purchase, not only at SimMarket. Some of us do not shop at SimMarket.

Hello,

The changes in FlightControlReplay 5 start from the beginning : first step, the software installer.

It’s now much much easier for any MSFS user : just run the main EXE installer.

• the DirectX checks are automatilly made during setup
  • codec x2264vfw install will be prompted and automatically run if not already installed and detected on your computer. It’s required to render the MP4 videos.
    This is all done in a single process.
    In the Options of FlightControlReplay, you can activate the automatic addition to MSFS toolbar.
    And you’re done.

Second step : the User Manual. It’s being edited at this time, and it is a new edition as well. It starts with an introduction to the new User Interface. Tnen, it takes you for a tutorial to complete your first quick Replay step by step from the simulator connexion to the review of your last flight so you can enjoy your new tool FlightControlReplay 5 right out of the box.

More info about Live Ghost

It’s one of the brand new feature to come with FCR 5. It is the generation of a ghost aircraft beside yours in Live flight. It’s not just a virtual aircraft that you create and it follows the same path as yours and it flies beside you. It’s more like a duet pilot because you will see him flying with slight differences in his position compared to your flight path, since he’s impacted by the weather conditions, the strong winds. So you will observe your formation flying companion trying to maintain its position, distance and speed like your aircraft. You can customize that position and the distance. Just like in movies of formation flying filmed from a cockpit view, the positions between pilots are not that stiff. I achieved to reproduce that lifelike behaviour of the ghost aircraft.

FlightControlReplay enters in Beta stage. Our Beta test team is running the first round of flight sessions to stress the software in various conditions.

1 Like

Hi - I don’t currently own Flight Control Replay but I’m interested. If I purchase a copy today, would I have a free upgrade path to v5?

Hello. Buying a copy today would make you have both FCR 4.5 plus FCR 5 for the same price, than if you buy FCR 5 is released. If you wait for the release of FCR 5, then FCR 4.5 will be removed from sale, and you will not be able to use FCR5 with Flight Simulator X, yes the one of 2006.

Unless you are user of FSX, I suggest you to wait for FCR 5, it’s easier for you and you will not have to wait too long.

I will publish the price tags and upgrade path details shortly.

1 Like

Hello,

I have release information for you !

And a few demonstration videos already by Q8Pilot and BluGames here

1 Like

FCR 5 has been released. I am very pleased that with this version I could record and replay Fenix A320 flight without any problem. From what I’ve seen in first try, it’s a solid program with a clear user interface.

1 Like

Are and are the flaps, spoilers and reversers open during the landing, during the repeat???

1 Like

Is this an upgrade that you have to pay for? I have version 4.5

Hi ! This is the simmarket policy for update to Major version of FlightControlReplay v5 :wink:

If you previously purchased FABIO MERLO - FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAY PRO 4.5 MSFS P3D FSX at simMarket, you are entitled to the special upgrade price of EUR 10.07 incl. VAT (8.25 excl. VAT) only. NOTE: The special upgrade price will be awarded automatically, therefore you must be logged into your same account used to purchase the previous version! If in doubt contact simMarket support first!

The interface is less like Windows XP now, pog!

To be serious though, FCR has always been the best. Thank you!

1 Like

Does it replay flaps and spoilers?

3 Likes

Purchased the discounted upgrade to V5 and i’m impressed with this version. Nice new interface and plenty of features.

Just one problem I’ve noticed, I fly exclusively in VR and using the new toolbar option to run the recorder I get a repetitive slight stutter about every 5 seconds or so during recording which is also there during playback. Recording mode is set to automatic. I didn’t notice this with V4.5. When I close FCR the stutter is gone. It may be me not setting it up correctly…early days yet…will keep playing around :grinning:

Yes it does !

Hi,

As some of you have already noticed, FlightControlReplay 5 is now available, exclusively at simMarket.com.

Have fun, and share videos with your community with a complete tool featuring advanced, innovative and handy features.

PRICE AND UPGRADES

The new software is available at EUR 20.00 (+tax for EU Customers).

For any registered customer of the previous version, the reduced upgrade price is EUR 8.25 (+tax for EU Customers).

If you recently ordered the previous version, on or after August 01st, the upgrade price is EUR 5.00 (+tax for EU Customers).

NEW INTERFACE 2022

Totally revamped, FlightControlReplay has now a modern design, reorganized layout and icons, and it’s also integrated directly into MSFS toolbar.

Customize the User Interface : 3 different sizes available, transparency mode has been added, Always-on-Top option can be activated.

Do you want more features directly accessible ?

Do you prefer the minimum space on your screen ?

Do you need it always visible but with minimum impact ?

Find the best combination for your personal use, FlightControlReplay 5 also supports VR headsets, and multi-monitors setups.

FCR INTEGRATED IN MSFS

Keep control of your tool directly from MSFS without leaving the simulator window. FlightControlReplay 5 is also displayed in MSFS and added to the simulator toolbar. Record, Play, fly with a Ghost, move the timeslider directly in MSFS.

INNOVATIONS

Fly LIVE with an AI GHOST right beside your plane. And it will not just replicate your current flight path, it will be impacted by the winds and speeds alteration. Flying Formation has never been that easy ever. The AI Pilot will follow you in the position and with the distance of your preference.

Cinematic Replay automatically switches the camera view when you replay your flight. It will alternate with External / Internal points of view. Options let you set a preference if you want only External, only Internal, or both automatic. Just seat back and watch your flight Replay without intervention!

Monitor your pilot skills at landing : the new Landing Report displays your vertical speed and airspeed at touchdown.

FlightControlReplay will keep included all existing features already available in the last version 4.5 :

• MP4 Video Recorder,
  • Crash-to-desktop recovery,
  • PlayAI Formation Flying in Replay, up to 5 aircraft in each FCR instance, unlimited possibilities
  • Re-Live Instant Replay to resume a flight from any instant during Replay
  • AI Traffic detection, following, recording
  • Automatic Camera Change
  • In-Game Dynamic Text
  • major airliner addons support in MSFS and P3D

CORE PROGRAM REVISITED

In order to ensure the best performance, the core program has been deeply upgraded for less CPU and Memory usage. This gives more power to your Windows system and simulator to provide smooth display with faster Video encoding.

VIDEO PARTNERS

The following streamers and YouTubers have started or will shortly showcase FlightControlReplay 5 : check their respective networks: BLUGAMES, Q8PILOT, PILOT STUDD, DRAWYAH & KIWI MACE.

The PMDG/Fenix too?