FlyByWire announce A380

FlybyWire announce A380

We are proud to announce we will be developing a freeware A380 for MSFS, built from scratch. It is currently in the early stages of modeling, but its development will not affect progress on the A32NX whatsoever. We will be answering questions about this in our next episode of In The Hangar. We hope to have some more exciting updates in the far future!

If you are a skilled modeler or have worked on A380 in real life and wish to help out, please feel free to reach out to the mod team!

74 Likes

Yes! Looking forward to this… thanks all involved…

Very cool!

Go FlyByWire!

A study-level freeware with custom models? Awesome!

I wonder what’s their view on the aircraft SDK readiness. PMDG surely wasn’t so happy about the SDK progress and hence the postponed timeline and I am curious how FBW is coping with that.

2 Likes

Excellent news.

Looks like I’d better get my name down for a Honeycomb or Thrustmaster airbus throttle quadrant then.

2 Likes

These are the guys that Asobo should have hired right from the get go period!

10 Likes

No freaking way! This is awesome news! Didn’t expect this.

Keep up the great work!

" BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

We are proud to announce we will be developing a freeware A380 for MSFS, built from scratch.

It is currently in the early stages of modeling, but its development will not affect progress on the A32NX whatsoever.

We will be answering questions about this in our next episode of In The Hangar. We hope to have some more exciting updates in the far future!

If you are a skilled modeler or have worked on A380 in real life and wish to help out, please feel free to reach out to the mod team here: https://www.discord.gg/flybywire "

27 Likes

Much love brotha. I’m very excited

That is some good news I will follow it closely,
They have done brilliantly so far

It is a bit different to editing the core code so fingers crossed, although I also feel Asobo are going to release a 380 of there own as the model is already in the game.

Omg what a hot news. Thx 4 info.

Love the 32NX, looking forward to new projects, keep up the excellent work.

That is great news! Looking forward to it!

Is it Christmas yet? :slight_smile:

Not a big fan of the A380 but I appreciate and respect the teams work!! Keep it up FBW.

2 Likes

Hrm - rather the A350 as the A380 is on its way out…

But keep up the good work I love the A320NX.

3 Likes

Excellent news. I would prefer A350 but for sure it will be next project for FlybyWire guys.

1 Like

can’t wait to get in the pilot’s seat, I love this plane.

That’s great news, looking forward to see this squeezed into the MSFS hangar

For the guys who are asking about A350 there is a group called Sim4flight who are developing it. And they are partners of Flybywire.

9 Likes

If I remember correctly, they said that you can already do plenty with the SDK, but it means lot of trial and error due to lack of documentation. But if you don’t port existing code, there are already lots of options available.