FlyingIron FW 190A-8 Würger

G’day everyone!

The mighty Fw 190A-8 Würger is not far away with testing commencing very soon! We will post more WIP shots in the coming weeks as we get ready for release. For the time being, enjoy these shots!

Cheers,
The FlyingIron Team

31 Likes

Another Flying Iron warbird to add to my collection.
Excellent!

5 Likes

Looking good! Can’t wait to see and hopefully hear more of the FW 190 soon. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Extremely lovely looking Anton pit, not too convinced about the RLM66 cockpit color though. Too blueish, should be darker and have more of a greenish teint.

2 Likes

Any chance you could add a paint for the American Heritage museum’s FW-190? Are you doing the F-8?

1 Like

How exciting! I thought this got reshuffled behind other projects so it’s a surprise for me to see it this far along. Can’t wait to have my favorite plane of all time in the sim!

1 Like

A reminder from the Code of Conduct on this forum:

:small_blue_diamond: Obscene / Vulgar or Inappropriate Language and/or Media

This is a forum that caters to a variety of demographics around the world. We ask that our forum members remember to treat each other with courtesy and respect. Some examples are:

• Language, images, or other media that could be considered objectionable (If there is doubt, there is no doubt)
  • Language, images, or other media that could be considered to represent or glorify violence and/or hate, even in a historical context
  • Attempting to bypass the profanity filter

If a member is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Receive a formal warning; or,
  • Be banned from the forums for a length of time based on the severity of the infraction up to, and including, indefinitely

Looks awesome - but then I’d expect nothing less from Flying Iron.

I missed the controversy… but it’s not hard to guess the topic.

Not looking to stir one up but will post my usual personal request for one paint in captured Allied or otherwise non-'33-'45 Luftwaffe colors.

I’m sure the community repainters will come through as usual but it’d be a nice gesture if FI could take that on - it’d be meaningful for those of us who don’t have a place in that particular military at that particular time.

With that out of the way - really looking forward to release.

3 Likes

+1 on the request for a captured livery. The FI Bf-109 is wonderfully done, and I fly it using a livery of a captured bird in an RAF scheme that I found on FS.to. Be nice to have one “out of the box” for the 190.

Or just give us the livery of the FW-190 Bob Hoover stole, and we can pretend we’re reliving that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback all!

I can definitely look into the RLM66 colour and correct it! We also have a captured RAF livery complete, and I will do a US one as well :grinning: I welcome any and all livery suggestions, especially ones that are interesting visually or historically.

Cheers!

11 Likes

ALL:
Please take all livery requests that feature any “historic” symbols or emblems that violate this forums’ Code of Conduct, directly to the developer:

FlyingIron Simulations

As a reminder:

:small_blue_diamond: Obscene / Vulgar or Inappropriate Language and/or Media

This is a forum that caters to a variety of demographics around the world. We ask that our forum members remember to treat each other with courtesy and respect. Some examples are:

• Language, images, or other media that could be considered objectionable (If there is doubt, there is no doubt)
  • Language, images, or other media that could be considered to represent or glorify violence and/or hate, even in a historical context
  • Attempting to bypass the profanity filter

If a member is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Receive a formal warning; or,
  • Be banned from the forums for a length of time based on the severity of the infraction up to, and including, indefinitely

In particular:

images, or other media that could be considered to represent or glorify violence and/or hate, even in a historical context

Thank you.

This concerns the spitfire but it would be pretty cool to get the Swedish livery for it. Swedish Air Force bought a couple of them and used them for military surveillance after the end of WWII.

RGB 53, 56, 51 should be a good starting point, should go well together with your nicely done roughness map.
Here’s a Fi 156 panel replica with a really good depiction of RLM66.

I already have more WWII warbirds than I have time to fly them, so I’ve reached the point where I might think twice before buying another one.

But, while I’m no expert, time and again I’ve seen the FW 190 described as the best fighter of WWII, and that I definitely want to experience for myself!

1 Like

Based on the time I spent playing IL2, it can rip planes apart with a well placed burst but it is an energy fighter and needs to be flown as such or you can get into trouble fast.

Personally,
I now have concerns about the FlyingIron FW190. Until about a week ago, I was planning to purchase this addon immediately upon release. However, last week I saw someone that I am familiar with flying in a Twitch stream during a live group flight stating he was Beta testing the FW190. Since no other developer is working on the FW190 that I’m aware of, I now have concerns about the direction and compromises FlyingIron might be taking in order to reach a larger audience - simplified ease of use flight dynamics and handling, namely.

I too purchase FlyingIron products for the experience they have historically presented - to specifically include the nuances pilots of the airframe experienced.

I’m going to have to research and watch reviews of this FlyingIron addon before I pay full price for it when it releases. I want to be certain the flight model and ground handling aren’t overly simplified for ease of use. There’s no doubt I’m going to purchase this addon, but I personally might wait for verification of a “FW190 Experience” or sale before I do.

Prior to last week, I believed FlyingIron addons would be high fidelity addons that provided an exceptional experience of a specific airframe. I am no longer sure if that is or will continue to be the case. Nevertheless, I look forward to the release of this addon.

NOTE: I am looking for a contemporary FW190 experience within the MSFS world, and not a 1944 combat experience in the FW190 - we all have DCS for that…

Without specific observations, it’s hard to know how to react. Were there particular characteristics you were looking for that weren’t present? What’s the basis for your expectations? Contemporary reports describe excellent handling, a gentle stall, no tendency to swing on the takeoff roll. So ease of operation might be authentic. Not saying your concerns are wrong. But more detail would be helpful.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/fw190/eb-104.html

3 Likes

Then what’s this post about? You seem to doubt it, then you don’t :wink:

Some of them have a few minor issues. The Bf 109 has significant ones but remains one of my favorite sim aircraft. (supposedly a fix is coming for two of the larger ones) Even so, they all are quite good for the price point imo. I expect the same of the Fw 190. I doubt it’ll be absolutely perfect, but FI always has a good price point for expectations!

3 Likes

My concern is not with FlyingIron’s capability to produce fantastic experiences or of the FW190. I can accept an addon’s release bugs or shortcomings if it was actual pilots of an airframe that decribed a behavior of an aircraft to a developer and implemented as such. However, knowing that a Beta tester regularly changes the config files of released aircraft to make it “easier” is what gives me concern.

I would prefer to have the “ease of use” mods on Flightsim.to for users having trouble with an addon and who believe the addon is unrealistically difficult. I would prefer to experience an addon with as much effort to authenticity as possible - with apparent bugs being addressed as needed. My concern is that simplified characteristics might be overdone and possibly coded in the addon upon release - being marginally familiar with the beta tester I saw testing it.

Meaning: For addons that are simplified (excessively to my personal preference), I can wait for a sale. I will still eventually purchase the addon and any other addon FlyingIron produces, just not immediately upon release (for the FW190).