Flyinside B206 B3 Discussion

Awesome, have fun!

2 Likes

I have the MSFS Store FI Bell 206 and I have been experiencing drifts on the ground (right/left or backward/forward) even at low RPM.

It seems Iā€™m the only one complaining about this, any tips on how to fix this?

The ground physics of the FI 206 are probably its weakest point at the moment. The new update of the Bell 47G improved that a lot. I am confident FI will bring the improved ground physics to the 206 as well, but no idea when this will happen.

2 Likes

We are working on it right now. With a few extra special features that are 206 specific. As always, updates to existing customers are free of charge.

Thanks!

RotorRick

5 Likes

Good to hear that there will be an upcoming update to the B206. Honestly the systems accuracy is much better than Cowanā€™s. Throttle twist grip, idle release and the TOT gauge actually work. The only thing that puts me off is the ground physics. It sort of ā€œjumpsā€ up into a hover with no light on skids behavior. Slope landings and takeoffs cannot be done as the heli just drifts on the ground.

On another note, I seem to notice a lack of ETL. Anybody observe this on the Flyinside B206 ? Once in forward flight, I need to pull aft cyclic to get it to climb.

These are the trade offs between the two different approaches to simulate the 206. All of the custom coding from FlyInside fixes the limitations with the SDK on turbine management, but it doesnā€™t manage ground contact and slow speed handling as well as the native model. With my setup, there is a lag that creates an inconsistency with response to my PFT Puma controls.

ETL is definitely simulated. You have to push the controls forward passing through ~15 knots and there is a noticeable cabin shake as the Transverse Flow Effect shifts through the disk. You get the same cabin shake as you slow down and exit ETL. You can ride the ā€œburbleā€ with the shake effect. Those details are my favorite part of the FI 206. Once you pass through ETL and push the stick forward around 15-20 knots, you will have to apply aft cyclic to start climbing at 55-65 knots.

2 Likes

I had the same lag on my Puma X as well until I realized that if I put the stick travel to 100 then it was exact.

Dear all, this is my first post and Iā€™m not sure if this question had already been asked before or if Iā€™m posting here at a wrong place.
My problem is, I bought the B206 directly via the Marketplace and everything went well.
Now I was forced to delete the file and downloaded it via the home page from Flyinside.
Now I have to enter a product key which I donā€™t have.
Going back to the Marketplace is the only possibility to rebuy the product - which I wonā€™t.
Is there a way how to get this problem fixed?
Thank you for your replies in advance.

Greetings from Germany

If you purchased via marketplace you should be able to go into your content menu and simply re-download the aircraft. The Marketplace and Website versions are not the same.

RotorRick

Yes, problem solved.
Thank you very much for your help.
Much appreciated

1 Like

Any indication of when this might drop? Iā€™ve been holding out on a purchase to see if the ground physics are resolved.

I am testing the Beta currently and will go out to regular beta testers likely this afternoon or tomorrow. I have not seen any issues, so if they agree, it will release next week. So On our website immediately and on Marketplace when MS puts it up.

RotorRick

8 Likes

Oh, I forgot to mentionā€¦ this release will have Xbox compatibility!!

RotorRick

1 Like

Hi all
i like this heli, very good. I am looking to binding circuit breakers,fuel pump,pitot, gyro, inst light, fuel valve,Horn or something for spad.next, axis and ohs, stream deck and gauges for air manager. Iā€™ve been looking everywhere but canā€™t find anything about this bird.
thanks and I would appreciate any help

Do we still need Heli Manager for standalone version? I remember reading many months ago that Heli Manager will be integrated with the helicopter files.

You need it to check the license on first load of your flight but then you can close it fully.
Disclaimer: I believe. :slight_smile:

The parity release for the 206 will be out shortly, this one has all the features and improvements from the Bell 47 big update. Things like physics based ground handling, much more immersive vibrations and the like and a few rotor graphics improvements. The main thing is/was Xbox compatibility.

The next 206 Release will have working floats like the 47 and add a bunch new liveries. After that BOTH aircraft will get the ā€œall internalā€ HeliManager treatment. After that is a VERY special update for the 206 that is near and dear to me and will, essentially add an additional series of aircraft to the mix. Free to existing users!

Stay Tuned!

RotorRick

9 Likes

Just in time for a bunch of days that I took off!

So even users that bought through the FlyInside store and not the marketplace will no longer need the Heli Manager running?

In a word, yes that is correct. All functions will be handled within the WASM file.

FYI: The Helimanager is simply a convenience allowing changes to jotsticks , included accessories and the like. NO Flight modeling or ā€œInjectionā€ of flight dynamics comes from HeliManager.

Many folks mistakenly think it does that.

Thanks!

RotorRick

2 Likes