Flysimware Cessna 414A

Just got the 414 and have already faced a big issue, I cant get any of the avionics to turn on, and I cant unstow the ESB. I am very confident the ESB is user error but I have even entered a hot start on the runway and the garmin/transponder/autopilot were all unpowered. And yes, the avionics switch is on :wink:

Click on the EFB tablet ‘camera’ to take it out/put it back.

Most times avionics issues are down to conflicting mods or an incorrect livery choice. For the 414 you need to go to the liveries to select the right one for the right equipment.
For instance, I always choose the PMSGTN750+WT as that’s the avionics package I have.

This has been stated so many times now I’ve lost count. A devs actual store will always get the update first followed by third party stores if used and then finally the MSFS marketplace. It’s well known the Sim Marketplace updates take a while and will therefore always be last unless something changes.

1 Like

@Sling380 SimMarket is not Marketplace in MSFS.

1 Like

I know that. Read it again.

1 Like

I read on their Discord that they’ll be submitting to stores soon, they wanted to make sure 3.0.0 was working fine with their direct customers first, I guess. Shouldn’t be long now.

Hi,
There is a conflict between the C414 version 3.0.0 and the B78XH enhancement addon.
Removing the B78XH from your Community folder fixes this problem.

I’ve got some (probably) pretty dumb questions that I cannot seem to figure out on my own or with the “manual”. Would anyone be able to humour an old crusty Noob like me and shed some light on these minor points please? :slight_smile:

1. The sales blurb mentions “interactive copilot”. What does that mean? I can enable the 3D model but in no way “interact”… How do I use that? No mention of it in the manual PDF.

2. Is there no analogue gauge for current fuel flow? Does finding that info require use of the thing on the sales page “Includes a fuel computer CFS 2000A”?

3. On the standard GNS530 variant, the thing that looks like an old CRT TV. I assume that is the weather radar which on the website says “The radar is not simulated…”? (will it ever be?)

4. I notice that on external view, the ‘yellow zone’ on the Airspeed HUD is not matching what the actual one in the cockpit shows. Is that just a bug? I don’t fly from outside anyway - just wondering why it says I am in overspeed on external when I’m nowhere near actually.

5. I trust the flight dynamics, BUT the way the aircraft stalls if you nose up and cut power to reach a gradual stall… it just gently and slowly noses down unlike most planes of similar size as this, where if you do that it will either nose down (straight) but much more suddenly, or tip a wing into a spin. Is that correct? (just wondering!)

Awesome aircraft though - enjoying it more than I thought I would - very highly polished effort :wink:

1 Like
  1. I think this means the co pilot assist that comes with MSFS. In the assist menus…

2. Yes its a digital one that needs to be programmed from what I have gathered.

3.Weather radar API only recently has been released by Asobo, so until or if devs implement it, it wont be shown. I understand there’s still some limitation to this API.

1. Are the units the same? I have completely removed the outside HUD so I cant help with this… .

2. The flight model of MSFS is constantly evolving, they are working on it. And from what I have read the devs of the plane are working on enhancing the flight model too… so at the moment I wouldnt try to 1:1 the flight model of most planes in the sim…however in its current state its actually pretty good. Dont want to turn this thread into a sim v sim thing but go check FM comparisions with XP which they XP army brag about (also recently they’ve started bragging about fs2004 style water puddles). We are not that far off… and its only getting better.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Helps a lot, thanks. Yeah the units are Knots on both. The current value was the same (e.g 170kts) but the yellow zone totally doesn’t match up to the real cockpit one, like the parameters were not set.

1 Like

Also I will say the manual could do with a bit of work! For such a well done and complete package in every other area, and such a complex machine with many unique systems and switches, the manual is a real let down.

It’s like just the first page of a new kitchen appliance manual that points to all the buttons and tells you WHAT they are but then forgot to put all the other pages about how they WORK!

I mean, those labels are mostly ON the 3D textures / buttons in the cockpit already anyway in most cases so it’s just repeating what we can see. I need to know how to operate them, not just captions :slight_smile:

The only bit with any good detail is flight computer section. And I do see the fuel computer bit about fuel flow there now (which does seem to have enough detail, hard to read text over the image though). Gonna dig into that on my next flight!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No Analog needles for Fuel flows. FF’s for each engine are the values in the lower boxes of the fuel computer. You can choose Gallons/hr or Lbs/hr units.

No programming is required to display the FF.

2 Likes

I’ve raised this fact with the devs on their discord. The manual is all flash and little substance.

It needs more info on how the systems work in sim, basic performance data and tables etc. There isn’t even a table of vspeeds and limitations.

I remember raising a query about how to zero out the fuel computer, the supplement in the manual notes a method that does not work. It turned out there was a hidden sim workaround that was finally added to the manual in a later update.

It definitely needs some work.

2 Likes

There was an update to address stall speeds. I downloaded but haven’t tried.
v 3.1.0 FULL RELEASE

UPDATES:

1. Upper door was not easy to find hotspot for the handle to open and close. Fixed.

2. Gear parts were not linked to some of the animations from a recent update and is now fixed.

3. The exterior tail lock handle is now available to click from the interaction checklist or the interior cameras.

4. Taxi light logic got changed recently and the toggle sound was missing. Fixed.

5. Stall speeds got updated recently and were entered reversed. Fixed.

3 Likes

This is the BEST GA aircraft ever made!
So well maintained, with a perfect patch coming every few weeks taking care of even the SMALLEST details not even I notice (and believe me I really have a keen eye for bugs and notice things rather quickly!). This aircraft is amazing and clearly the best of the best!

But for the sake of immersion… do you plan to illuminate the weather radar gauge plause (in the old version I think it´s the G520 or 420 version I always fly)?
Even if it´s impossible to switch that weather radar because there is no weather radar in the flight sim, it would look good for the pure sake of immersion if the gauge would at least be illuminated with some static standby-screen active :slight_smile:
At night it´s always only a black hole in the mid of the cockpit because this gauge is not illuminated.

3 Likes

Except for when I tag you with a question about your Top 5 planes ‘updates’ in that thread lol

(Only pulling ya leg, don’t worry now, I made some assumptions instead and too late to “fix” it now hehe).

Yea not a bad idea. Or, as it looks like an 80’s game screen how about Pac Man loading screen, or even playable for those long flights. HPG Airbus has Flappy Bird!! Or Pong so copilot can join in? Space Invaders to keep the ‘airborne’ theme going. Heck just make a menu screen with ALL those games playable please!

I hope they add the real radar as soon as technically possible though. Could still keep the games as an option, so it’s not wasted work now lol

1 Like

Hopefully with SU10 they should be able to implement some sort of working weather radar.

Games are not a bad idea, I am promoting some good Doom2016 gameplay or SNES emulators running on one of the unnecessary EICAS screen for months now (unfortunately with not much success :smiley: )
In the meantime some good Creepy Pastas and audiobooks must suffice…

I have not seen that sorry.
But my favorite planes are not changing - still the Fenix the Cessna 414 and the PMDG currently. :wink:

Good to know. Thanks! Apparently I don’t receive any update notifications anymore ever since the 414 left the early access period.

When was this update released? I just bought the 414 last week and I didn’t get a notification either.