Flysimware Cessna 414A

Now that is bound to trigger the ‘immersion breaker’ crowd :rofl:

Seriously though (and I’m not a RL pilot, and have never even sat in a RL cockpit before) would it not be the case that avionics are so expensive that when one become obsolete, they just get switched off/ignored rather than replaced (unless CAA/FAA rules state they must be, of course). So it would stand to reason that cockpits would have these kind of empty/dead areas and equipment?
So in the case of the 414 and that CRT screen, this is perfectly fine.

She’s “interactive” in the sense that she’s not a static mannequin like the passengers - she moves (as all the Asobo pilots and co-pilots do). It’s a poor choice of words. The way it’s written you’d expect something like PMDG’s Automated Flight Engineer.

And yes, the manual is essentially useless. Lovely aircraft nonetheless!

1 Like

Heh, yeah, that’s somewhat overdressing it :smiley:

Is that not why we all essentially get directed to various POHs/manuals for various aircraft/avionics? :wink:

If you’re using the PMS 530 mod, remove it. It conflicts with all variants of the 414.

Yeah I didn’t get an email either. I was just fortunate enough to see it in their discord. I really hope this isn’t going to be a “new” way of pushing updates. I miss a lot of stuff on discord and I always rely on emails to notify me of updates.

Which would work well if all the systems were modeled accurately. But it’s a sim and so they tend to behave somewhat like the real thing.

The manuals are helpful for explaining the addon/sim-only features like the EFB tablet or repurposed instruments, like the analog Caravan’s use of the WX display for failures.

1 Like

Really there is a co-pilot now?
Does she help me in any way, can she do some tasks for me like holding altitude level the wings or other stuff?
Are there some commands for piloting the plane?
How is that co-pilot activated?

If it’s the MSFS built-in co-pilot, rather than some FSW wizardry, then I believe its an on/off thing the last time I looked. It can be activated via the top of screen menu while in the sim. They can assist with pushback, taxi, radio, etc. I’ve never used it much myself, probably only once in fact.

Another auto-pilot question for everyone on xbox. I always program my flight plan into the G530 from scratch rather than the main menu. I usually set direct airport, load an approach, change CDI source to GPS and then set the altitude arm.

I ran a few flights this morning into airports that did not have a published approach so I am flying direct to the airport. My process is typically after rotate I hand fly the aircraft to 1,500 feet and turn in the direction of the GPS course. One aligned with the course I switch on the auto pilot, let the aircraft stabilize on the heading and climb rate then switch on NAV. Had no issues when an approach is programmed. I’ve noticed when I don’t have an approach programed flying direct, the GS light illuminates and I go into an immediate dive. I had to fly heading mode the rest of the way. Has anyone else encountered this?

1 Like

I wish I’d able to keep copilot’s weight on the plane while I get rid of his/her visual model in the cockpit view. I want to see it only from the external view.

“Show Copilot” option in the EFB page is another poor choice of words because it is not about showing, but it’s about weight also.

I think it was yesterday

Thanks for the reply. I wish Flightsimware would let the paying customers know that there is an update….

3 Likes

Yes, me too. We don’t seem to get email notifications now that it has left beta.

I normally just check their discord for announcements.

Though they weirdly still make you download a text file with the release notes instead of just putting them on their website / discord announcements like every other dev.

1 Like

Yeah, that text file release notes thing is strange. Also, aside from their old installer making you copy the license key to your clipboard prior to running it (they finally did away with that) it also insists on being on top of all other windows at all times. A lot of very old school dev practices instead of just standardizing to how every other installer in existence works. But man, the 414 makes it all worthwhile.

1 Like

I really hoped they’d also unlink the avionics from the livery choices to prevent having multiple copies of each livery.

It doesn’t detract from the plane’s quality mind but there are a number of things they can maybe improve in future.

5 Likes

I love this plane, it just feels better than most.
It has more of a weighted/mass feel and actually feels like the twin props are chopping/propelling it through the air. Devs did a really great job with this one. I hope the Learjet 35A is just as special feeling.

1 Like

What download speeds are you getting from their web store? My browser usually fluctuates between 100 and 500 kbps and downloading the whole thing always takes multiple hours. Most of the time the download stagnates completely in the end. Was like this ever since they published the release candidate, so I was never able to download the latest release.

A few people raised the same issue on their discord and their response was to simply try a different browser. That didn’t make a difference for me though.

Have they change a lot since the end of the beta? If not I’ll save myself the hassle.

1 Like

That’s strange. It never took more than 3 or 4 minutes to download the latest version on my connection (Chrome).