Flysimware Cessna 414A

Are you saying that you can see the tablet beside the seat, but there’s no click point on the tablet itself? Also, do you have the Heavy Division 787 mod installed? If so, get rid of it, as that causes issues with interacting with the tablet on this and other aircraft.

I believe Heavy Division finally got around to updating the plane to not use modified default tablet code that was screwing everybody up, but a lot of people haven’t updated to the latest version.

I might be wrong on that, though… It might still break other planes…

Oh that’s interesting. I’ll have to try it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi All.
I am having issues installing the latest version of this great aircraft every time I try I gat this message
Screenshot (11).

I believe it has something to do with the registery. Found it once before but, can’t find the video of how to fix it again.
Any help appreciated
Thanks in advance

if You still have the old version installed just stay with it. At least for me the Autopilot seems to be broken with the latest version.

found solution, this link will fix the issue, follow instructions

Thanks for the reply. much appreciated

1 Like

I got an email saying there was an update (4.1.0) but when I went to the Flysimware Store to download it from my account, the updated version is still 3.4.4

There were some bugs found in the v4.1 package that required the dev to revert back to the old version.

1 Like

There were some issues with the 4.1.1 update so they rolled it back to the stable 3.4.4 version.

1 Like

I’m not surprised! Especially those developers who release one update after the other and are highly praised here are the planes that I fly less and less because they are no longer fun and, in my eyes, are being developed in a completely wrong direction. Less is often more - a lot of functions is nice, but the flight model of the 414a has been a disaster for a long time :wink:

so with the new updated version some lvars did not work anymore… spent 3 hours yesterday getting battery avionics and AP back to work. there also seem to be some new lvars… hope that wasnt a waste of time now … ugh

Does the update for the plane on the Xbox version fix the manual fuel mix issue?

Thanks in advance, I love the plane, both on Xbox and PC.

Yes, I can confirm that mixture levers are fully functional now!

1 Like

I just downloaded version 4.0.1 from the Marketplace for the Xbox. It’s a bit confusing though as according to the change log on the dev’s product page, 4.0.1 was for PC only and 4.1.0 is the version that is supposed to bring WASM features to the Xbox :man_shrugging:

Anyway, mixture finally works on the Xbox and also the weather radar (although I’ve not tested the latter yet, but it turns on).

3 Likes

I guess it is about balance. And for the 414 the rate of updates is too high in my opinion. I’d rather have some well tested proper updates with a low frequency, then these constant updates with occasional issues as well.

7 Likes

Said this before and it’s so true. The constant updates were needed and most welcome during the early release phase but since it’s been in release the updates really need more testing before being sent into the wild. This is not the first time we have seen regressions with this product and it doesn’t seem as if any lessons have been learnt with whatever testing is being done. I mean it’s not exactly a small download and update each time especially with slower internet.

All that said I just love to fly it at whatever the last stable release I have installed was.

3 Likes

Not sure what people are on about here. It’s been at least a couple of months since the last update, and the frequency of updates has considerably died down in the last 6 months. It seems some people are never happy. Here’s an idea: If you’re happy with whatever build you’re using, just don’t bother updating it. That way, everyone will have the best of both worlds.

But seriously, criticising a developer for updating their product is just bizarre

16 Likes

This is why I keep the previous copy of all addons on my FTP, so I can rollback myself as needed. I get not everyone has that luxury, but even a 2TB USB drive is a cheap option to keep 1 release backup.

1 Like

I wouldn’t criticise them for releasing an update. I would however criticise them if they release an update that they then need to recall due to issues. And that’s the key word there, not the number of updates but the quality of them.

1 Like