Flysimware Cessna 414A

I’m confused, I back up all my software before I upgrade it on MSFS, both Community and Marketplace. Are you on Xbox? You don’t say what you use in your profile.

Quick q: does this mod need the pms gns 530 mod to utilize a fully functionng 530 GPS? For some reason I thought the high quality 530 was a base part of the sim now, but I’m not seeing that.

Do I need to download this?

GitHub - pimarc/pms50-gns530: Flight simulator 2020 GNS530 Mod

Question regarding autopilot:

How do you get the ascent autopilot to change the vertical speed its holding? As you can see in my screenshot it’s holding a 1000 fpm rate. However when I roll the ‘pitch’ wheel nothing happens. I assumed it would change the FPM.

Works best with the WT530, which is now the default Garmin navigator. I had problems using the PMS50 with the 4.1.1 update.

Absolutely not. The pms 530 mod should not be installed. The WT ones are installed via the content manager so if you are up to date there you should be good.

Not strictly true. The WT530 package on the marketplace still has issues with some 3rd party aircraft currently not supporting it, so if you want general compatibility it’s better to install the PMS 530, and uninstall the WT530 for now. PMS530 also still supports some features WT have removed because “not realistic”, like the wind indicator.

The WT530 will still be available but only in the aircraft that WT install it by default.
These units have been added to the following aircraft in AAU1:
• C172 Classic
• Cap 10
• DA-40 TDI
• DV-20
• L-39 (Athena, Blue Ice, Pipsqueak, Robin 1, Sarance)
• P-51D (Wee Willy, Lady B, Strega, Miss America)
• T-6 (Almost Perfect, Baby Boomer)

From https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aircraft-avionics-i-release-notes-1-30-12-0/572740

1 Like

I hate it when people say “Even works with the PMS50 mod” when they actually mean the PMS50 750.

@Sonicviz… Many third party aircraft now support the default WT530. I think you’re right, there’s still planes out there that don’t support the WT530 directly, and/or use the G3X, which is incompatible with the WT GPS/Navdata. So, yes, it’s still a good idea to uninstall the Marketplace WT530, which is essentially a link forwarder that replaces the old Asobo 530 with the WT530 in planes that still link to the old Asobo 530 (which is still in the code, too, but no longer the default.)

I’m not sure what having the PMS50 530 installed does to planes that use the default WT530, as opposed to the Marketplace 530. I think it’s ok, as the PMS50 replaces the old Asobo 530.

2 Likes

ok i read the previous few posts and am more confused now. for the Cessna 414, which is the best GNS530 mod to use?

That depends on what aircraft you use.

Or maybe you prefer certain features of the PMS530 over WT530, in which case use that.
Up to you.

huh? this is the Cessna 414 thread so that’s the only one I’m concerned with at the moment. instead of experimenting with all of the different options I’m asking this thread because other people have this knowledge readily available

FMS are systems that work across different aircraft, so unless this is the one and only plane you always use you need to be aware of the outstanding issues with the current x530 options that may affect other planes you have.

Or maybe not “need”. I’m just sayin’. Ignore it if you wish :metal:

I’ve personally stopped using this aircraft. Causing constant CTD

No mod at all. Just make sure you have the WT stuff installed in content manager. These are not mods but now default. The ones with the grey image are the actual units and the ones with the colour images of the unit are the linker files for any third party aircraft that have not yet updated to their code to use the new ones. All these files do is redirect any aircraft that is still pointing at the old version so it uses the new one. This all came about in AAU1. You’ll note there are more than just the GNS files there and the same applies for the other units.

.fixed wt530

We recommand the WT GNS530 if you want to use a GNS unit.
Our GNS530 mod will probably not evolve anymore and the standard is now the WT unit.
For the GTN750 we recommand the WTT mode (choose a GTN750+WTT livery).

3 Likes

Bummer, your one still has wind. I couldn’t care less that it’s not 100% realistic, it’s more useful having it on the device.

1 Like

Use the in-cockpit GTN750 or the GTN750 toolbar panel to show wind.

Or use e.g. little navmap and open its webserver page on your mobile.

I do, or Flow, but it’s not the same if you want to do it all in cockpit. Somtimes you just want to get rid of all the extras and just use what’s there.

Anyways, just tested the Zenith again and it’s fixed with the WT530 now, so all good there.

I use WT GNS 530 and it works flawlessly in the C414, even nexrad (although Im not sure its accurate) and traffic shows up (ads on)