Flysimware Cessna 414A

It’s certainly not perfect but it’s good and getting better.

1 Like

Our most beloved twin prop the Cessna 414 is better than ever! New enhanced interior textures, the most beautyful cockpit illumination, and the flight model has been overhauled so she can now fly in light wind without any problems anymore :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I need some help. My question is about the Cessna 414 version with GNS 530. How is the setting of the climb or descent value done that is using the VS mode?

You set your altitude, then ARM it. The use IAS or VS to your chosen speed/rate of climb/descent to arm that, then turn on the AP.

Descent is similar, just set then arm your altitude, then IAS or VS.

I don’t think the procedure is any different than with the 750, from memory.

1 Like

Anyone notice the default fuel imbalance?

Map screen

Cockpit

Is it me or do I not see that unit in the versions with the GNS530?!

I would assume it has to do the the fluel amount state saving and the fuel computer. The aircraft initializes the fuel amount after the flight is started from what it saved in the previous flight.
I never use the map screen flued and weight page for the 414.

Apologies. The images I shot were from a 750 livery. The instrument looks like this in the 530:

But it works identically.

As weird as this may sound, I think it might be livery based. The images I took above were in a 750.

I just took the image above from a 530 livery, and I have balanced fuel in this one.

But how do you set the VS rate then? This is only to arm a specified altitude?

1 Like

Yes, just the set altitude, and now I see what you mean.

I think a matter of RTFM :rofl:

You have to set the pitch yourself, there is no real IAS/VS mode I think.

1 Like

Yes, it reminds me of the Arrow.

Yes, the GNS530 system is quite basic. I am just doubting if I should go for the paid GNS750. Any advice anybody? Does it work well with the C414 and is it worth the money?

There is a free 750 you can use. It has some limitations, but you can at least give it a go.

Personally I only fly the GNS750 variant. I prefer it over the GTNXi and the GNS530. The developer has also been putting out updates regularly. I would highly recommend making the investment.

2 Likes

The PMS50 GTN750 is well implemented in the 414. With the paid version you can use WTT technologies which includes visual approach and most notably a better auto-pilot among many other things. Don’t forget to get the patch (made by PMS50) on the FlySimWare discord server (search for wtt) to enable the WTT techs. You won’t find that patch on the PMS50 website for now because, I think, the 414 is still in beta.

3 Likes

Helped SuperKaro2014: use the Auto Pilot pitch trim wheel.

How did you get your ALT display so crisp and bright? Mine is barrely readable at Night in the Dark.

Do you have the cockpit lighting set to night mode, or whatever it is called? Push the switch behind the throttles forward. The other switches to its right are for adjusting the various lights pots. You can click the screw head to the left of the throttles to remove all the levers to make getting to those switches possible. They look fiddly to get at in real life.