Frametime Spike = Stutter, Every 60 Seconds

OK, thanks

Too Bad, I thought we found the problem for the people without VR.

Are your server settings set to automatic or a static server? Cheers.

mine is set static to East USA

I have the exact same issue, but would say the drop out of CoherentGTDraw is more every 30 seconds, it also happens when I try to turn the aircraft hard or bank left and right (possibly triggered by a large control input). Happens with all aircraft, in all weather and all environments.

I fly on medium settings.

Ryzen 5 3600
Radeon 5700xt
16Gb RAM

When i first got MSFS in November i don’t recall this happening, so wondering if it started post the 2nd update?

Tried a complete reinstall, new drivers, process lasso, made no difference.

1 Like

hi do you find solution for stutters in msfs20

This might interest you as this has massively reduced stuttering and increased fps in my sim.

Something strange that worked for me to greatly reduce stuttering is increasing the render scaling by one notch above your native resolution. FPS impact is negligible but for some reason it seems to greatly help. If anyone can replicate this it would be awesome.

My settings are all ultra with nothing changed and realtime traffic, weather and ATC.

5800X / 3080 / 32gigs of 3200 ram OCd to 3400

FPS between 40 and 55 usually and 30 to 35 at dense places like JFK and LAX.

From the devmode FPS counter, doing this appears to cause the GPU and CPU to work more in tandem (hope that’s the right way to say it). Just want to know if anyone else can replicate this. It’s a counterintuitive move, but has helped me. Of course the A32NX mod completely obliterates any improvements from anything else and we lose 15FPS and stutters become pronounced.

1 Like

Yes this works because you place more load on to the GPU, therefore reducing the load on the CPU, making the sim smoother. Works here too.

1 Like

Thanks. Great to know I’ve stumbled upon something that works.

Strictly speaking it doesn’t really reduce load on the CPU, but by increasing GPU load it masks stutters caused by the CPU.

Somethink else i found helpfull.
Open up UI, under Options , General, camera settings there is camera shake section, this i set to off, it seems to stop or at least stop stuttering.
But my theorie is that there is more going on.
I think that it has to do with the flight model as well.
On modern it is more jumpy and the world gone mad while the world has to be stabble if while the planes dances on the wind, so i think thats where the actuall cause lies.
I guess the devs still have to smooth things out but as work in progress we will have to be patient coz i think tweak the flightmodel is a lot of work in basics, and also par airplane. As per display of scenerysort.
Just my 2 cents

Another thing I figured is that if you’re using a 5800X, tuning the power and PBO limits helps massively with temperatures and performance.

These are the settings I’ve come up with based on Reddit and my own testing:

BIOS Settings
CPU Core Voltage - AMD Overclocking
Precision Boost Overdrive - Advanced
PBO Limits - Manual
PPT - 120W
TDC - 75A
EDC - 110A
PBO Scalar - Manual 10X
Curve Optimized - Negative All Core 23 (this will vary significantly chip to chip)
CPU Boost Override - Auto

With these settings Cinebench scores are higher than stock (15562 vs 15363 on Cinebench R23). Sustained boosts are higher, averaging 4.7 and 4.75 GHz on the two priority cores during a 90 minute FS2020 session. Temperatures have dropped from the 80s to averaging at 66C for the period with spikes to 78C. AIO coolant temperature averaged at 41C and the ambient temperature was 31C. All cores boosted to 4.85 GHz during the session. All data obtained from HWInfo.

These settings have resulted in overall better performance on flight simulator, significantly reduced microstutter and less main thread limited red in developer mode. To be clear, FPS uplift is minimal to nonexistent, however overall stability and smoothness is noticeably better.

However, ultimately it does seem that there maybe significant performance improvements to be had with better optimization of the simulator by the Dev team. Hope the new upcoming update will have some goodies in terms of performance.

CTR 2.0 is out, might wanna give that a shot. Your manual OC might be better though, but, CTR has profile switching now.

What is your resolution?

I never have resolved it. I mean, if I turn off Real Time Traffic, then it goes away, but I do not see that as a TRUE resolution.

1 Like

OK. at least a starting point

Maybe internet speeds are being throttled. I cant seem to find an internet service provider who does not throttle data. Im paying almost 100 per month and they still throttle me and my scenery quits loading well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.