Freedom Fox (Trent Palmer's Kitfox) by developer Parallel 42

Any first impressions? I love Trent’s YouTube channel and the FreedomFox, so I am really looking forward to this plane. But also a little hesitant, because it’s the first plane for this dev studio.

When will Freedom Fox be released on other platforms? Since Orbx apparently only allows credit cards as payment methods, I can’t buy it there.

1 Like

Just got the airplane, looks gorgeous. Straight away I can say the trim is reversed. Something for the 1st update.

1 Like

Very happy with this release, great job by the Parallel 42 team.

3 Likes

I think there has been an update! right away after release. The small software manager just downloaded the plane again.

After stabilization, to MS Marketplace for PC and XBOX

From Medium Blog Post. So the aircraft will arrive on the in-game marketplace after everything goes well.

I really need to know how this flies! Stuck at work so I can’t watch any reviews if there even out yet, someone give me some comparisons…

BLL Xcub mod?
GotGravel Carbon?
Asobo Husky?

Does it fly like any of those? I’m too excited for this thing!

Does anyone keep getting the ‘New Update Available!’ post-it on the dash? I click it to accept, go to the manager and update, but it’s always there? Is there another step I have to do?

Also, I only seem to be able to use Trent in the cockpit (of either plane), if I chose default the cockpit is empty!

Really well put together though, flies great, similar to carbon (FOX2 hi-spec version!). The model is amazing, the functionality is all there, opening doors, additional tent and one-wheel (chooseable by cockpit fuse switches). It’s just really well done. Plus you get Trent’s home!

Would definitely suggest a purchase, for the price and development potential - it epitomises why I have been using flight-sims for the last 37 years.

4 Likes

Bit cloudy in Nevada today, cold too!

4 Likes

Nice aircraft but in my opinion overpriced. I use this type of aircraft occasionally, and the gotgravel as well as the regular xcub more than fill that gap with lots of liveries, for free I might add, and if I understand correctly the information of this package, the model is based in part on the gotgravel.

4 Likes

I wasn’t expecting it to be $30 but I’m not completely opposed to that either since I really have wanted a good Kitfox. That said, this aircraft is a great addition to those of us who’s primary focus is on bushflying. It’s a similar situation to Carenado releasing the Piper Arrow III, Seneca, Seminole, and the 182. None of those really add anything to the game that Mrtommy’s DA62 mod doesn’t add or the base game 172 and Bonanza. They are all general purpose GA while the Xcub, SavageCub, SavageCarbon, and Husky are all purpose built bush planes. Sometimes people just want variety within their preferred niche, nothing wrong with that.

I’m not sure about the gotgravel model since Gotgravel (the developer) didn’t do much 3d modeling to create their two closest planes to the Kitfox (Carbon and Grravel) - as those are primarily performance tweaks with big tires to the existing Asobo SavageCub. I don’t mean to sound like I’m bashing those aircraft either, they are amazing and Gotgravel did a fantastic job with them. Gotgravel definitely did help with the flight characteristics of the Kitfox though as he’s one of the most accomplished bush plane flight model modders for MSFS right now along with CarbonProp.

To each their own!

1 Like

We have fixed the update issue, it should be good now (after one last update)
There is a click spot on the seat to toggle the pilot in the cockpit, maybe that’s the issue?

1 Like

Great on the update! The seat makes sense! I did wonder why it flashes blue (have captions turned off!)!!!

Great product, thank you for the response.

Looks like a few reviews have been posted…9/10 in this one.

Can we get it acknowledged officially? The trim is reversed (in comparison with all default Asobo aircraft and most 3rd party aircraft I own) for those with a trim wheel (wheel axis 0-100%).

Otherwise, the kitfox is great. Yes, it does not add much new, it is rather an airplane people either want to have in the hangar for variety because they fly light bush planes a lot, or they are just big fans of kitfox (or both like me).

1 Like

Please submit a ticket with your observations that way we can track it down and fix it.
If you can provide a video as well it’ll help us tremendously!

1 Like

Side-slipping down to the River Strip at ArkanSTOL. This thing is a dream.

3 Likes

Used to fly it irl. Only rotex 912 but

I have to sign up just to report a simple issue? I got it from ORBX specifically because I did not want to create another account.

FreedomFox is not an Orbx product, it’s a Parallel 42 product.
We offer support through our own platform