Freelook with mouse causes controls to freeze after SU5

I somehow managed to get rid of this bug and middle mouse click resets zoom bug for a short while. They came back after a short flight during which I changed TCA sidestick profile.

What I did was outlined in this post:

To fix this issue, you need to delete your cloud save on your PC.

This will delete your Microsoft Flight Simulator save data.

Please do the following:

1. Open the Microsoft Store.
  2. Click on the Three Dots menu and then click Settings.
  3. Make sure your Offline Permissions is set to ON
  4. Start Microsoft Flight Simulator, once you’re on the main menu, quit the game
    5.(they told me in a second email to skip this step, because, obviously, I couldn’t get to the main menu)*
  5. Disconnect your PC from the internet
  6. Quit Microsoft Flight Simulator
  7. Copy and paste your LocalCache and LocalState folders on your Desktop (for example), located by default here:C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
    C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
  8. Then head to your Windows 10 SettingsStorageApps & gamesMicrosoft Flight SimulatorAdvanced Options -->Select the Reset button.
  9. Once done, move the saved folders from your Desktop to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\
  10. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
  11. Follow the onboarding and launch a flight
  12. Reconnect your PC to the internet
  13. Connect back to the internet.
  14. On connected in-game, quit Microsoft Flight Simulator
  15. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator again
  • If you are prompted to pick a save, you need to pick “LOCAL” for this time only. Moving forward, you will want to pick “Cloud”

This procedure will delete all your progress, key bindings, flight logs, achievements, landing challenges scores and so on.

When I did it both “right-click-freezes-controls” and “middle-click-resets-zoom” were resolved. After I changed sensitivity settings on my TCA sidestick, both bugs were back. I then tried to do the same thing again but without success this time.

I’m sure of almost nothing but both bugs WERE gone during this 30 minutes flight, and the procedure outlined above was done just before. Bugs both came back after I tinkered with joystick profiles.

I will keep trying to find out what exactly happened.

2 Likes