FS Realistic was just released

Its so much fun using this with that camping mod. You can land then go for a walk on the beach and then climb into your tent and just sit there listening to the crackle of the camp fire.

I love this simulator.

12 Likes

I have a german keyboard. For other games: WSAD work for moving very well.

I want to try with arrow keys, but what I do not get is how to enter the first person mode/camera view: should MSFS Camera in Cockpit, External or Showcase on the first start of flight in order to get it worked? Where that first person begins to walk (ground, cockpit, near aircraft, near aircraft parking…)?

Hi,

You should first assign a key to be able to to toggle to First Person mode, then you should start a flight and press the key you assigned.
Check this review with full instructions , starting minute 03:10 :

1 Like

It sounds like you have the same problems some of us others are having with non-english keyboards, where pressing the toggle key does nothing. It should automatically place your camera/avatar outside of the aircraft.

I also hope it would be possible to use a controller for walking and looking in the future.

1 Like

You could use a game pad remapping tool though, such as reWASD (below). I’ve not tried this FSR feature yet so take my words with a pinch of salt.

(I’m sure some free alternatives are available)

First of all, this was great idea, never expected this would come in FSRealistic. It could add lot of immersion for me, as I often “walk” around the aircraft in drone camera after landing in new place.

I understand this is first iteration, don’t get this as criticism, but rather feedback after short testing:

• mouse cursor is big immersion breaker and not good for screenshots
  • switch to 1st person is quite big hit to FPS
  • looks like all AA is lost. Normaly I’m using TAA, but in 1st person it looks like downscaled game.
  • movement speed is not saved (default is too slow for me, so at the moment I have to increase it every time)
  • initial position is not saved for me
  • aircraft is in the thin air in about 1 feet height
  • can’t assign all keyboard keys for switch to 1st person (like delete, Fx keys). All of normal keys are already binded so I had to do some workaround with keyboard macro
  • when accidentally pressed while flying, aircraft will go right into stall, AP acting weird

I have not tried 3rd person mode, as this is not very interesting to me.

Half of these are in known issues so I hope these will get better with new SDK features. I appreciate your work guys.

1 Like

Is it possible to have an option not to use the toggle key, instead there is a button with mouse click to enter first person mode? I cannot even enter the mode, how can I know if WASD or arrow keys work or not,?(as you stated that non-english keyboards may cause the issue)

Sorry if this has been clarified already, but what is the technical reason behind the loss of performance when using the first person view?

I have the same issue, and I’m using a standard US English keyboard.

• I can set a toggle key, but when I press it nothing happens.
  • I can set a joystick key - when I press it the view pops outside but there is no reaction to any keyboard, mouse or controller input, it stays static.

Same here. I have a qwerty portuguese keyboard. With my trackir I can move my head, but no response to any keyboard or mouse input

So strangely, after a sim restart it started working. Although I had already started several times after upgrading FSR. Hmmm… feels like some other variable at work here.

Tried this yesterday walking around the 738 before startup etc.

Was night and -39c, torch was good but would have been awesome if you added breath and maybe a shiver here and there (I know I’m asking a lot lol not expecting anything, but could be good if it was very cold like that!).

What an awesome addon, very happy with it. I will now be buying the camping addon as well.

2 Likes

Ooohh yeah, good combo!

2 Likes

Playing about a bit more with it this evening. Once the third person aspect gets developed a lot more its really going to open up a whole new area of the sim. Its a real dream for content creators or just people who like to immerse themselves in the roll playing aspect of things. I can certainly see a lot of developers and players being creative with it all.

Look forward to seeing where it all goes.

1 Like

Nice! Mind that your tents don’t blow away when you start up the chopper though! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Tried it out and works well, no FPS loss, no elevation issues that some reported.

Instead of using the mouse, it works well with TrackIR.

The “Flashlight” however, is actually a baggage loader behind you (over the left shoulder). Using the mouse you can’t see it, but if you turn on head tracking and look over to the left, you can see you’re really dragging a baggage loader over your shoulder and that is what the light is coming from.

Okay, poor us, who spent the whole time on past few days just trying to enter First Person mode by setting unused keys on keyboard without any success.

Instead, assign an unused button on yoke, joystick, stick… regardless of departure or destination airports, it will work perfectly. WASD or arrow keys work pretty well also with non-english keyboards.

I think the instruction about setting keys (in general) somehow mislead and would not specify the problem.

Now I can enjoy it. Thank you FSRealistic team for bringing us this feature!

2 Likes

All we can say… is that this is only the beginning :wink:

7 Likes

wellp, I still cant get it to work for the life of me - any solution in the near future?

Did you send FSRealistic@gmail.com your log.txt?