FS2020 the best simulator?

It depends on what you want to use it for. For me, it’s by far the most enjoyable sim for free flight VFR. For training purposes however, FSX still has the best training material that comes standard with a sim. I wish that Asobo would contact Rod Machado about doing some lessons for MSFS like he did for FSX. Here is a thread that talks about this.

Upvote if this is something you would like to see too!

1 Like

Best? No, not yet. Still keep P3D and XP installed with a load of addons. Having said that I have flown a ton of both VFR and IFR on VATSIM in MSFS. Just last night when I was testing the propeller simulation in the SU8 beta I hopped in the stock 152 (use the JPLogistics mod most of the time though) and shot the the localizer 27 into Lindbergh. The stock 152 doesn’t have a DME making it a /U (the mod is a /A). Was quite fun, a lot of OBS twisting.

1 Like

I have all the 3 main PC sims and the vast majority of my time is spent on MSFS. That will rise to pretty much 100% once that PMDG 737 finally drops!!

It’s also somewhat surprisingly the sim I get the best performance out of my machine on which is another reason why it is my sim of choice.

I certainly can’t get a smooth visually pleasing flight into KLAX on P3D!

And with X plane if I try and use the best clouds on that then it’s cut the resolution right back and suffer the jaggy aliasing to get usable fps Thanks but no thanks!

agree, the amount of learning material we got with fsx(and 2004 too) was awesome, so
no wonder quite a few newbies are having trouble.
i guess it is a money issue.

Yeah the state of those lessons / tutorials in MSFS is awful. Wish there was a way to port those fsx missions and lessons into MSFS.