FSLiveTraffic Liveries (FSLTL) - First Trailer and FLAi partnership

Awesome idea! Perhaps we can start with some packages that the authors have already cleared for permission rather than a big-bang?

1 Like

Sehr spannend!

Great job on the video @SofieGrozovski! Looks cool, hope it gets done!

1 Like

I really hope so. Unfortunately, pre-christmas time is a total overload in a literally every business sector, so weā€™re a bit busier than usual. Weā€™ll do our best.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the plan!

6 Likes

thank you!!! i wish the best for all the team!!!

2 Likes

Awesome to hear that and cant thank you enough for all the hard work! All the very best!

1 Like

Great news this is . I obviously like flying in the sim or wouldnt have purchased it . In all my previous sims I would always land , park aircraft at ramp/gate then chill for half an hour watching the coming and goings of AI planes . Looks like I shall be going back to my old habits . YAY and thanks .

3 Likes

Excellent work by the dedicated team. You will bring one of the most important aspect to MSFS2020. FS X was much more customizable I believe. With some add on programs, we were able to assign the gates to certain aircraft and of course the liveries.
This initiative is THE most important one for me at least.
Thank you all for your dedication to improving the simā€¦
Cannot wait to download and try out the first available version as soon as it is availableā€¦

Gate codes are still a thing in MSFS, theyā€™re a parameter in the aircraft.cfg file, though it looks like you canā€™t assign them to gates yet in the SDK, or at least I canā€™t find the option.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait for this!

yes!!! i hope christmas time can be shared with ai traffic!!:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was hoping Asobo would standard release Live traffic with actual liveries or at least some of it. Does anyone know when they will or is that still a black hole?

Anyhow, great that this is picked up by releasing FSLTL. Canā€™t wait!

Itā€™s happening, no time frame. Covid is delaying approval from the airlines.

There is an United livery in the sim for the generic airliner.

They said in one of the Q&As that theyā€™re also going to be making more AI only models for aircraft, but based on actual planes not just generic models.

I look forward to this but Iā€™ll kind of miss seeing Alaska airlines in Vienna and Cebu Pacific in Miami.

2 Likes

Its strange that small developers dont seem to have an issue using liveries on their AI products, companies such as Just Flight and Classic Jet Simulations and neither have been sued so we must assume they have approval or have found a way around it, and yet MS seem to struggle. Perhaps MS should ask these smaller companies to help, they seem to be a lot better at either getting approval or circumventing the issue legally than MS are.

1 Like

I guess it all depends on whether you use their liveries for commercial purposes or for non-profit fun !

Both the companies I mentioned are selling AI products commercially for profit.

1 Like

I thought JustFlight used to get permissions needed, not sure tho, maybe youā€™re right the scale matters for the airlines when it comes to protect their liveries copyright, which I always reckon should be deemed free for public use already.

Not only liveries, they should also use the realistic models. Current AI planes reminds me of Boeing 707.