FSLiveTraffic Liveries (FSLTL) - New Trailer and Status Update

Amazing work Sofie and team! Really hope you get a positive response from AIG and FAIB soon.

1 Like

May I ask what exactly you mean by the statement, that Live AI traffic has dramatically improved this month?

Sure. All this was observed by our tester and development team. Most of the improvements went live two or three weeks ago, they are server-side, so this has nothing to do with MSFS updates.

1. Asobo’s live traffic better delegates radar data to AI. This affects mostly ground traffic - landed and departing planes rarely disappear now.
  2. Amount. Increased more than 10 times, no joke! I believe they had AI with half features disabled on launch as they were untested. I assume all extrapolation was disabled, aircraft with insufficient data just weren’t displayed. Now they do(sometimes you can see extrapolation doing funny things), and sim shows nearly all flightaware planes.
  3. Delay. It’s necessary to delay flights in-air relative to the real ones to make possible ATC and player communications/interference. On launch delay was about 45 minutes, now from 5 to 15.
5 Likes

They still brake too fast, everyone inside experiences 3g, no less. Be sure to vote on the linked topic by @Abriael where this problem is mentioned.

P.S. With current level of improvements I believe it will be fixed soon. It’s not hard to do, we just need to draw some attention to the problem.

Thank you!

Sure we have one, but I hope we won’t need it.

can’t wait for the release, i am using IVAO mod for real traffic aircrafts but … this one is the king of air traffic mods

I’m sorry for your cognitive dissonance. FSLTL will feature full FLAi package which consists of 160 aircraft. Join our Discord, if you want, regular screenshots are posted there.

1 Like

so you got premission form all modellers and painters to use them in your package?

They actually turn around :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wow! Looking great :slight_smile: Can you shed some light on performance impact? The old ESP platforms could be easily brought on its knees by adding AI. Now I have set on-line AI to 50 and have a ressonable performance… How do the custom models compare to the Asobo ones?

2 Likes

I’m quoting this post now: "almost everyone participating in the FLAi package is granted their permissions for using their work in this mod. However, we’re still waiting for any response from AIG and FAIB which remain silent despite our and FLAi’s numerous inquiries. "

No textures will be redistributed in our package, it will require ordinary FLAi installation on the end user machine. I said this to AIG contact on our Discord server, J_F_K, and stated many times before.

This could be much easier to discuss if you or your representative responded to Evan Reiter’s mails and PMs on AIG forums, but, your models, your rules.

However, if you would like to discuss all legal stuff quicker, please contact me (sofiegrozovski@gmail.com) or Evan Reiter (evanr@bvartcc.com).

Looking forward to resolve all the difficulties to everyone’s benefit.

5 Likes

Awesome news!

I suggest you guys speak with the developer of PILOT2ATC and have his ATC interact with this AI!

That would be amazing!

2 Likes

Awesome news!

you guys speak with the developer of PILOT2ATC and have his ATC interact with this AI!

That would be amazing!

I have informed the painters (AIG has actual nothing to do with the paints directly, it is jsut the Community/Group ) of the still panding answer. I guess each of them/or one for all of them will get in contact with you in the next days.

Yeah I saw that “AIG” is still pending, but i thought based on your post that you will feature the full FLAi package, that you already got all premissions :wink:

1 Like

Thank you!

First of all, slider doesn’t change the quantity of the traffic if online AI is set on, it purely depends on the server side.

We don’t see any performance impact when using online AI (it’s really differs from the offline one), and the vertex count on FLAi models is very low, with lod each one of them is as complex, as single marshaller with the tow on the apron.

5 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I don‘t notice much of an increase in online traffic.
I don‘t know about other users but it sure doesn‘t show 10 times more than at release in my case.

Maybe someone else here can throw in their observations.

1 Like

Yeah, the traffic I see is much lower than sites show. However, they claim they will fix that in 2021.

1 Like

It definitely is a lot more than it used to be for me. It’s still not perfect, but it is very much improved.

Hi have you been in touch with Asobo. I know there are working on their own models and liveries. I may be beneficial to combine your efforts with theirs. You both want the same thing obviously.

2 Likes

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi. Fun thing - this works in both ways at the same time. We can do whatever we want, restricted only with copyright. Asobo have to license every texture with airlines and aviation manufacturers. But also Asobo has full access to the internal API( I’m absolutely sure there is one) and we haven’t. And won’t have in the close future.

What seems to be a solution - Asobo gives us more convenient tools and a patronage, we do the inconvenient work for them… But it never works this way. A320NX developers never get a dev build of the upcoming updates so they can prepare. Marketplace is a marketplace, not an official mod hosting.

Asobo is doing a great job, but they are binded with numerous obligations, mostly commercial ones, and the modders community is not a priority I believe.

I would be glad if I’m wrong, in this case, Asobo, please contact me.

7 Likes