FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

I hope they can retrieve this add on from SU11/simconnect issues. We’ve only had it released for a couple of weeks. I guess static traffic and sim live may be it for beta users until a fix is forthcoming. I don’t want to go back to using simple traffic again.

I see some others on this forum are reporting the exact opposite. This sim is an ongoing mystery.

1 Like

Just FYI, with static aircraft set to 1 it randomly seems to kick it into life and it at least seems to be working. I’ll try actually doing a flight and see where I’m at with it.

In that setup I’m getting both static and live traffic populating on the ground, including arriving and departing traffic. With static set to 0 I see nothing, and nothing comes or goes. All the injector says is it’s spawning stuff en-route, so it maybe that if I wait long enough things may start to arrive.

1 Like

I am in the su11 beta, on dx11.
Ifr=80
Vfr=30
Parked =1

Get lots of traffic with no appreciable change to amount of traffic OR fps compared to su10

All good for me. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I also set the static aircraft to 0. Yes there is no aircraft on the ground when you do so (not sure if it’s the opposite, this is my observation and I had also asked this before here), but when you actually land, you’ll see some aircraft on the ground, depending on your settings of course. Yesterday I started a flight at EDDM to LFMN, there was no aircraft on the ground on EDDM, but when I landed to Nice, there were many and I didn’t even set my IFR to 80 or something, it was just 40. Hope this helps.

I’m specifically talking about SU11 beta. There are a multitude of issues with FSLTL and this build.

I know this isn’t a beta thread, but it is about the product concerned.

Maybe someone will/should create a thread under the SU11 beta category, to avoid future confusion about FSLTL?

Edit: Ah, I see you’ve found one. :slight_smile:
Traffic changes - implications to simconnect (FSLTL / AIG) - Sim Update 11 Beta / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

I just posted in that thread re: FSLTL and the new AI logic. Here’s the link:

4 Likes

yep. went out and voted!

1 Like

I’ve read through pages of posts here and can’t seem to find anyone experiencing what I am. So after I start a flight and open the injector,
I lose my middle and right monitors , they go to black . They’re still powered but just a black screen. Tried it three times now to be sure it wasn’t a one off weird glitch, even rebooted and still get two of my three screens going
Black the moment the injector starts loading traffic in. And so far I’ve not found any way to get those two monitor displays back to working as part of my Nividia multi screen surround. Nothing else has ever caused this problem.
My system is top tier 3080 32GB, high end processor etc, I have a high end everything.

One last thing, ever since I upgraded msfs to 10.0 my memory % often hangs around the 60 to 70% ranges , and I have stutters too. I’ve done all the basic tricks to help open up more memory , such as adjusting virtual memory as expert articles advise , disc scan , reg edit , making sure I have the latest driver which now is the October 12 Nividia studio driver, have latest windows 11 now (already read that maybe rolling back to windows 10.0 could do the trick) , I don’t really have that many third party apps that should be causing it. Msfs itself is the culprit as I watch what programs are sucking up memory, it’s 99% MSFS . I’m using dlss dx 11 and tried dx 12 after the oct 12 Nividia studio driver. I’ve turned off hags , I’ve followed msfs best in game settings tutorials , man, I’ve gone step by step on so many Microsoft Windows guides for getting best performance out of msfs and clearing out for more memory. So here’s my question on this ,…… would buying/adding more memory in my PC help resolve this ? Seems to me once you start hitting 65% or higher in memory , things start becoming very noticeably bad. Thx .

Hey all,

I’m enjoying the new traffic. One issue I’m having is loading and resulting stutter on approach- seems to be because traffic is loading / being injected right at the threshold- big drop in FPS with recovery times comparable to when traffic is first injected on startup. Much more noticeable when flying somewhere rather than circling back and landing. Are there any settings to minimize this? Any plans to buffer traffic / load airports before the last phase of approach? 3090 10900k. Thanks!

2 Likes

there seems to be a v1.1.1 from flybywire app, however, after successfuly updating, it keeps saying 1.0.1. Anyone with this issue?

Post deleted. I posted in the wrong topic — sorry :joy:

2 Likes

Hi all.

Don’t know if it’s MSFS or FSLTL related, anyway I’ve noticed this:

following a liner in close formation - (e.g. at FL330 180Kias) I am perfectly levelled on its wing (it happens also if I stay more far or behind), liner is perfectly levelled too, then liner seems slowly loosing 50-70ft, then after about 10s it immediately steps up to original FL then again sloping down 50-70ft, then after about 10s jumping up to FL330, and so on. When approaching the liner, I can see its white contrail doing the same step up when liner does. No probs on my internet connection, perfs in VR and the rest.

Any one of you experiencing this ?

Thanks

yes. something like that i notice some time

1 Like

That sounds like an AI issue, perhaps caused by the system only checking and adjusting the altitude every 10s and the AP not putting the aircraft into a perfect trim, between checks.

I’d think it’s most likely to be on MSFS, especially as FSLTL “only” injects the flights, for MSFS to control thereafter.

However, I’m fairly certain that the likely side-effect of reducing the time between checks would be a hit on general performance, especially when lots of flights are being controlled by the AI.

1 Like

One moment ago,i start FSLTL at KLAX .I watched the FSLTL radar table but found no landing traffics! I did see lots of taking off traffics.Any thing i set wrong ?

2 Likes

I suspect that will be due to the fact that MSFS doesn’t appear to allow flights to be injected into the air, on approach to airports and instead needs to inject them on a runway/ramp/gate.

Not sure if the SU11 AI improvements might include something to solve this, but in the meantime, that’s just how it has to be.

1 Like

Great thanks ,so i know i am not alone for this no landing traffics problems in FSLTS.
By the way,i do noticed there are some traffics to the airport on the Rada table but the text shows … Parked at certain gate.This means there are incoming traffics but just not showing in the scence. That is the point u talked to,i got it. Waiting to see how to solve it later and to make this great ai traffic software perfect !

1 Like

I just landed at LEMD Madrid 18L behind an FSLTL 737 and alongside an FSLTL A320 landing on 18R (I’m on SU10 though).

2 Likes

I do get landing traffic with FSLTL in SU11beta.
Not as many as before, but when watching traffic at KLAX I got 6 landing aircraft and 4 or 5 go-arounds.

So I cannot confirm that injection doesn’t work at all, but there are significantly less approaches.

1 Like