FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

I might just go back to my previous habits of flying my routes without the “interference” of ATC and await a more effective implementation of the ATC service, either from MS or a third party.

Just out of interest though, as multiple human controllers would, IRL, be given a manageable share of the traffic in their area of interest, I wonder why AI implementations of ATC don’t seem to do the same? As PCs become more powerful, traffic levels not dissimilar to RL are likely to be trackable, so apparently putting them all onto the same AI “person”, and having all of the resulting messages appear/to be heard by every pilot, might seem to be a little odd.

Maybe I’m misreading what it’s trying to do?

I think you’re being pretty clear bout what the issue is and what your expectation and confusion is. With FS ATC the way that it has always worked internally (save for FS2002) is when a new command or transmission is needed due to a change of state of an aircraft whether it be an aircraft calling for taxi, being told to hold position/continue taxi, or requesting clearance to the gate is that ATC will issue those commands as needed without waiting for the previous command to be completed. So because of that I could have 3 aircraft call for taxi, 2 being told to hold or continue taxi, and 2 requesting taxi to the gate by ATC before ATC would stop (as there are no more active state changes detected) and the aircraft could start replying. As I mentioned before, eventually all of those commands would be read back from tower on down (99% unless and aircraft disappears or something). Airborne traffic is even worse with say 3 frequency changes and 2 aircraft check ins and 3 traffic alerts. You might only get 2 readbacks.

It’s hard to get one single working solution. But as a pilot I want to know what’s going on around me both for safety/self awareness and entertainment. So having everything funneled into using 1/2 freqs lets me get the picture. As an example, LAX has two ground freqs being north and south complex. In MSFS it uses ALL of them without any general logic to where the aircraft is at. So if I am on the north side the aircraft in front of me could be on a completely different freq than I am. That’s not really good or realistic.

So yes, you can wait for Asobo, use an addon product, or just not use it. Asobo may take awhile. An addon product works better. And not using it at all is something that sucks but you can get used to (passenger perspective).

1 Like

A quick question. Have reinstalled FSTLT after updating to Wins 11. However, When I start FSTLT, i get a Command Prompt running FSTLT instead of its Logo app short cut . Thanks

Are you running FSLTL from the FBW installer or just by simply running the injector.exe from the injector window? No idea what you mean by logo app shortcut. I also don’t see the question.

I mean the FSTLT injector exe. When I click on it, it starts with Command prompt besides it …not within the injector like before on Wins10

That’s how it always works for me, but then again I have got a desktop shortcut that I use to start it, so don’t really know whether the FBW installer has changed at all in how it reacts, when the injector starts.

The way I understand it, the command prompt offers an opportunity to change the injector settings for each time you use it, so I’d imagine that’s how it is designed to work.

I understand. Is just have not had that before. However, it works so that what matters

Two ways to start, either through the FBW installer (smarter way) or simply clicking the injector.exe. Both will give you the option to choose settings on initial startup unless you activate and specify “silent” in the configurator config file and then you won’t be prompted every time. The injector will simply load and start injection.

The injector has always been a console base app just Win11 changed how they work and now does launch in a seperate process and hence looks different. If you just go to the installation folder and find the exe you can still create a shortcut to it or pin to taskbar but it will still open in a separate running win11 terminal process.

2 Likes

Thank you for that

…which is an extra step that I find very annoying.

All you need to do once it opens is just minimize it. What’s so hard about that? Breathing takes longer.

5 Likes

Unless I’m missing something (which I hope I am,) every time you start a flight you have to open the installer, start the injector, which opens a terminal window, which then gives you that additional command prompt. (I always just press Enter in order to move on).

It would be nice to just set and forget.

1 Like

That option exist, just edit the file:

%APPDATA%\fsltl-trafic-injector\fsltl-trafficinjector-config.json

%APPDATA% is usually something like: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\

Add the following line:

“silent”: “Yes”

Make sure to add a comma to the line before, for example:

“fshudport”: 19786, <— Add Comma
“silent”: “Yes”

If you want to auto start the program when you start the sim, you can also update EXE.xml which is in

…\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

And add the following, filling in the proper path to the injector

<Launch.Addon>
	<Name>FSTL</Name>
	<Disabled>False</Disabled>
	<Path>D:\FlightSimulator\Community\fsltl-traffic-injector\fsltl-trafficinjector.exe</Path>
	<CommandLine></CommandLine>
</Launch.Addon>

By doing both of the above, you never even have to think about FSLTL, it all happens automatically

5 Likes

That’s very helpful. Thanks!

I just wish I didn’t have do the under-the-hood work myself. It’s a lot of technical work that the end user shouldn’t have to do. Then again, it’s free so…

1 Like

Using the latest experimental version of the injector must say the performance of FSLTL is the best I’ve seen so far, well done team!

4 Likes

If you use MSFS Addon Linker, you can add the FSLTL-injector app to the list of startup items. If you don’t (and use the pc-version) you can simply pin the app to your taskbar and/or Start menu.

The terminal window will open no matter what. That’s how the developer made it or how it can be used. You can also go into the injector configuration file and turn ‘silent’ mode on so that you won’t get prompted if you want to change the settings or not everytime. You can just start it and minimize, as in start and forget. It’s in their manual. Any changes can be made in sim through the in game panel.

To update the options of FSLTL manually, browse the injector configuration file and make your alterations:

• The FSLTL Traffic Injector is located here: %APPDATA%\fsltl-trafic-injector
  • Right-click on fsltl-trafficinjector-config.json and open in a text editor such as Notepad, Notepad++, or VS Code.
  • Enter the values you wish to change and save the file.

To remove the prompt for changing injector options when the injector is launching, add the following line to the config file mentioned above:

• "silent":"yes"

You’re welcome.

FSLTL costs me still 15+ FPS on current experimental version v1.4.5f. I am even running at fairly medium to lower settings on FSLTL:

Screenshot 2023-04-25 124500

Is there anything else that I can tweak to increase FSLTL performance? I am basically getting min. 50 FPS at major airport and on average 80+ FPS in the air. Running FSLTL drops my FPS on these settings by at least 15-25 FPS… I cannot see any performance improvements that have been discussed previously in this thread…

Also I was observing an issue I had now several times. I was on final vectors to EDLV with a Ryanair B737-800 from FSLTL being number 1 for landing. Me behind being number 2 at distance of approx. 5 nm. After landing the B738 was instructed by ATC to leave the runway asap. I landed and assumed seeing the B738 taxiing down the taxiway when I was landing. But nothing, this aircraft disappeared even though there was no conflict or aircraft stuck. Is this a known Asobo bug or does this have to do with FSLTL?

Anyway, there were then 4 B738 parked at EDLV, so there was still enough ramps available for the landed B738.

Any suggestions appreciated :slight_smile: