FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

I really like this add-on, but I’m pretty stunned by how much of an FPS hit I take with it.

I’ve even dialed down the settings to:

• IFR Limit: 40
  • VFR Limit: 10
  • Historic Airline: 1
  • Historic GA: 1
  • Inj Airborne: 100
  • Inj Ground: 25

At KALX, I see a massive 25 FPS loss with the injector running.

What am I missing here? How do I optimize this better?

Since FSLTL is very CPU-intensive, then getting your CPU core temps down would make the biggest difference I think.

They are down — 56°C at the die.

What are your PC specs again?

It’s been a while since I compared directly, but I usually have found that my FPS hit was really just real time “traffic” being on, period. It wasn’t an FSLTL thing, it was just traffic, either in-sim real time traffic on, or FSLTL. It didn’t matter which one.

Can you try that? Compare in-sim real-time on vs. FSLTL injector (with sim traffic off of course)

1 Like

Yes, I find this too. It just seems a fair bit worse with FSLTL and I wondered how I might dial it in to be more inline with the default Real-Time.

I can’t tell if the issue is with the models/liveries or just quantity of aircraft.

PC is: 7800X3D w/ RX 7900XTX

Oh… You should be screaming along with that :laughing:

1 Like

That is what you would think — and I am when FSLTL is off or when I’m out in the open world flying along.

It’s the major airports that are making a mess of things. I understand they will be worse, I’d just like to figure out how to improve them.

I don’t know what your system specs are but the 100 Airborne might be a bit high. I’m running a Ryzen 9 5950X with a RTX 3080Ti using the settings below:

• IFR Limit: 50
  • VFR Limit: 5
  • Historic Airline: 5
  • Historic GA: 2
  • Inj Airborne: 60
  • Inj Ground: 20

That aside, I too have been seeing a bigger hit on FPS overall with this update. Nothing like 25 but it is noticeable. The SID/STAR feature is great, but the cost to performance on my system is starting to get to the limit for my taste. Most certainly not a dig against FSLTL, just the price we pay for improvements.
When I start getting frustrated with the performance decreases I remind myself:

1. They are providing it for free!
  2. No matter who is delivering them, there WILL be an associated performance hit to everyone in general terms.

I’ll be upgrading my system here shortly. We’ll see if that helps any.

Anyway, hope you can get it sorted and many thanks to FSLTL!.

2 Likes

I don’t have Navigraph, so I def don’t have the SIDs/STARs enabled.

I’ll test your settings.

FSLTL is a fps killer. I have better framerates with over 100 planes from Asobo real traffic than 30 planes from FSLTL. Shame the former touch down in the middle of the runway and are unable to follow SID/STAR patterns.

Asobo

FSLTL

2 Likes

Just as a reference, at a complex airport like KORD, I’m usually in the low 30’s with FSLTL. 13th gen Intel with 32 GB RAM and an RX 6800XT.

Edit: forgot to mention I downscale the FSLTL models to 2k resolution to reduce size of the package

1 Like

The AI ‘system’ in my view is not very well optimised, it’s just how the sim is programmed at the moment. AI traffic is just a bolt on feature for now. If better thread use in DX12 comes into play, then we will hopefully see an improvement in fps. That’s just my theory though.

2 Likes

That sounds about right. I’m a bit higher than that, but if I combine it with the IniBuilds KLAX it’s pretty ouch.

The biggest hit being FSLTL.

Ah, now that is something I’d like to try. I do not, in any way need high resolution models for traffic. That seem gratuitous.

What’s the process for that?

I agree, FSLTL imparts the biggest hit to performance on my system of the 3 options (AIG, FSLTL and FS Traffic). The flip side is that FSLTL at the moment has the best AI behavior’s, imho.

So far it has not been too terrible and the overall AI behavior’s somewhat makes up for it. But as I said, I’m getting close to going back a version or 2, or spending more time with one of the other options. Really don’t want to because the Navigraph SID/STAR feature is a very welcomed feature for me.

2 Likes

Here you go.

2 Likes

I’ve read up on this a little. Is it as complicated as it appears to be?

Once you get the necessary utilities and run it once, it’s pretty easy the next time you decide to do it. You have to re-run if you download updated model packages in the future.

One tip, save the command line you execute in a text file, because it can be very long once you put in the directory paths. If you want to run again you can just copy/paste your previous command line text into the CMD or PowerShell window.

2 Likes

Thanks, I might pull the trigger and do it finally.

What harm can a ‘fat fingered’ misplaced comma do, right? :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

Just don’t put in an accidental asterisk :laughing:

DEL “star.star”

2 Likes