I’m curious what people see as the advantage with FSLTL injecting traffic from Flightradar24 versus the sim injecting traffic from FlightAware. Many say the sources of data are nearly identical, often crowdsourced from the same providers of tracking data. I’ve had good experience with MSFS injecting FSLTL models for live traffic, usually seeing traffic matching live data usually with no more than a 1-2 minute delay (often nearly none).
I would like to use the in sim live traffic that uses FlightAware (using FSLTL models) as you mentioned but I am getting almost no traffic once spawned as reported here: Live Traffic on the world map & EFB does not match with live traffic once spawned. Don’t you experience this issue ?
No, I see very full airports and skies. When I’m home next I’ll screenshot my settings and some traffic images.
In MSFS 2020 in built live traffic works very well fsltl models
recently been using SI injection that seems to work well too
Yes, in FS2020 Live Traffic should work as expected (I didn’t use it since a long time), the issue I reported is with FS2024.
ah ok didn’t realise there is an issue with 2024
Can confirm that, the current version of MSFS live traffic is what we were waiting for a long time.
If in-sim live traffic works for you and meets your wants/needs, use it!
Thanks for sharing your setup, I’ll test with the FSLTL parked aircraft functionality.
The issue I reported is when using the base sim Live traffic (without FSLTL parked aircraft), you see many aircraft on the world map and on the EFB but when you spawned at an airport you don’t see all those aircraft. Instead very few and they don’t match what was displayed on the world map and on the EFB. I guess it is the same for aircraft that are in flight. It seems the traffic source for the world map & EFB is different than the one you see once spawned or many aircraft are not displayed. You can test at KJFK Terminal 5, that is where I am testing and provided screenshots.
I’ll ask the WT guys if they have more insight about the EFB map traffic displayed. I’ve noticed the same (as well as with the world map) but have just always ignored it as the traffic I see in the flight seems to pretty closely match FlightAware data, close enough for me anyways.
I’ll check JFK next time I’m in the sim!
EDIT with Matt from WT’s reply:
"We ask the sim for traffic using the JS traffic API. If it’s particularly busy, I doubt you would get every single plane even at Ultra settings, is my (very basic) understanding of the rendering part.l






