FSReborn Sting S4

Think you need to invest in an HMT accessory (Head Mounted Torch) :smiley:

1 Like

Hey there Jigsaw! Iā€™m an official beta tester for the S4 and Iā€™m not able to replicate your issue. What it looks like from my testing is your screen brightness is set to manual and a low value. To fix this, you can click the ā€œMenuā€ soft key on the bottom bezel, click ā€œSetupā€ on the display, then ā€œDisplayā€. Itā€™s all touch screen, thatā€™s how you adjust brightness on the G3X unit in the Sting S4

Thatā€™s not it. Like I said in my post the brightness was already set to maximum / 100%. Iā€™m using the default avionics though.

Hi Jig,

I donā€™t see this issue either on my side. They look always bright enough and I donā€™t apreciate any difference vs SU9, but at the same time I have been on SU10 for a long time (since beta) so maybe I am biased and donā€™t see the different straight away.

I have noticed on other forums people saying their avionics are darker for other airplanes as well, for example the fenix, PMDG, etc. perhaps SU10 has changed something and it becomes more obvious for some users than others.

I will ask Asobo on Monday to see if they have some clue about what could be the cause, because I havenā€™t changed anything on the airplane on this regard, so it seems it is the base simulator doing somethingā€¦ maybe they will need to patch this on SU11 who knowsā€¦

Best,
Raul

1 Like

Thank you, sounds good.

1 Like

I really like the Sting, but what keeps me from flying it more often is this: thereā€™s a persistent yaw ā€œwaggleā€ in flight. And I donā€™t mean turbulence effects - I have those too, but that I understand because itā€™s a very light airframe. This is a shimmy, like sitting in a car driven by your 99-year-old great grandmother who doesnā€™t see too well. Happened with autopilot and while hand-flying. Itā€™s making me a little seasick when I fly, unfortunatelyā€¦

1 Like

Once againā€¦ this is a turbulence effect injected by MSFSā€¦ it is the CFD dynamics being implemented since SU9. Asobo advice to thermal convection is to either flight early, dusk, winter or set the wind to zero.

We have asked for sliders to set this effect, there is a very long discussion on this subject here: Turbulence -- excessive or real world realistic - #26 by OMICO4146

Nothing I can do to remove this effect apart from setting a ā€œfakeā€ excessive weight to the aircraftā€¦ please note people on Cessnaā€™s experience the sameā€¦ it is the base sim doing thisā€¦ many people ā€œlike itā€ others hate it (as yourself) most people hating it are flying on VRā€¦ I bet you areā€¦ I suggest you raise your concerns to MS via the link above.

I have no control over wind forces injected towards the flight modelā€¦ nothing I can do at this timeā€¦

Best,
Raul

2 Likes

As promised, I have raised the question todayā€¦ link here: [SU10] Gauges brightness - MSFS DevSupport

Best,
Raul

4 Likes

Some more discussion about the erratic abrupt wind changes here too: Very abrupt weather (wind) transition. Erratic wind behavior - Bug Reports / Weather & Live Weather - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Have just downloaded latest version from Marketplace. I no longer have any screens or avionics lit up. Also prior to this altitude select would not work while TDS GTNxi was being used.

Itā€™s just a few small things I sent earlier.

1. The mouse cursor sinks below the surface, in a region to the bottom of glass instruments. It sinks down in (-Z) about 6 inches (15cm) and gets really blurry/distorted. The cursor is fine over the glass. Sometimes this catches the main buttons below the center screen depending on the direction you move the cursor.

2. Over the primary instrument cluster the Z-axis is lined up with the glare shield and not the instrument panel. This causes the mouse cursor to bounce/hop (+/- Z) the depth of the glare shield as you move around.

For #2, Iā€™ve seen it in other 3rd party airplanes. So there may be something wrong with the documentation? The RV-14 was so bad it was unusable but the developer fixed the problem. The behavior on all Asobo airplanes is for the cursor to stick to the 3D surface and not float mid air. I read through the 3D collision mesh SDK documentation but couldnā€™t piece together where they suggested it be elevated from the surface.

Otherwise, yes, it is amazing in VR. Iā€™ve gotten used to the issues since I mostly just hand fly the S4 and rarely interact with the instrument cluster once up.

Funny enough, Iā€™m not bothered by the SU9/SU10 turbulence in VR. :laughing:

The latest version works fine on my end. Perhaps try a reinstall of the aircraft?

And if Iā€™m not mistaken the clear canopy is a bit less milky than before. So thanks for the update @SimbolFSReborn!

1 Like

Hopefully this helps. The red lines are where the mouse cursor visually appears in 3D space, if viewed perpendicular from the side. Itā€™s like if your mouse cursor were floating a few inches outside or behind a 2D monitor.

The green line is where it should appear.

Iā€™m not trying to be a pest. :slight_smile: Itā€™s just everything else is so perfect, and with a high attention to detail. I was even okay with the clicking prop lever.

Be aware you have to update TDS to be compatible with SU10ā€¦ be sure you using the latest version TDS.

Hi there yes, I tweaked the clear canopy as per your request but forgot to added it to the changelogā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Best,
Raul

2 Likes

Well, as I have explained earlierā€¦ I am following what the MSFS SDK says I suppose to doā€¦

Here is the Panel collision:

Perfectly positioned 0.1mm in front of the Garmin units:

As you must appreciate, I am doing as I have been instructed by the SDK documentation. My VR beta testers all gave me positive feedback on how it all works, so unless the MSFS is more specific I really donā€™t know what else to change. The product is now LIVE so moving bits now trying to experiment without having proper MSFS documentation on VR is very risky, I donā€™t like developing blindā€¦

Best,

Raul

2 Likes

Thanks, I recall seeing the sunken cursor on other airplanes too. I forget which ones. Thatā€™s probably something in the base sim.

The airplane is definitely good in VR. As much as a perfectionist as you are Iā€™m sure you would have tweaked it out if you used it and saw what was going on. But otherwise you are a bit blind as to what you can do.

When the RV 14 was realeased it was so off so much you had to close one eye to use any any buttons or levers. With the Sting itā€™s still easy to use everything.

1 Like

Iā€™m very interested to get that wonderful plane, but I fly in VR. Sorry if that was asked before, is there a friendly prop mod for this plane. Thank you.

She is in my hangar now, I really like the spirit of wear & tear features which make that bird alive, one of most the reason of my purchase!
letā€™s go for the first flight test by numbers! :love_you_gesture: :wink: :national_park:

1 Like

Thank you for your support! Glad you like what I designedā€¦

Best,
Raul

1 Like