FSReborn Sting S4

Hi Luis,

I have a full roadmap in place as follow:

Piper M500 turbo ---- Entering Beta soon and should be released before the FSExpo.
Phenom 300
TL-3000
Piper M600 Turbo
Boeing 727-200 which will be developed in partnership with SWS (Sim Works Studios)
and more to be added as we grow the company

Regarding S4, I am planning to add spare plugs failures and retrofit a new tablet EFB alongside with other features requests on my discord server, the new EFB will be the one that M500 will have (which is way betterā€¦ lots of surprises will come with M500).

These changes to the S4 will come once M500 is released and stable since all my current resources are towards releasing the turbo prop as soon as I can.

Thanks for your support and amazing feedback, it means the world to me and my family.

Best,
Raul

19 Likes

Wow, very nice news, thanks for sharing. With some devs (ahemm) being very secretive these days it is nice to have this. Appreciated the openess.

The Phenom 300 is one of my fav planes, it will be awesome to have it in MSFS by your team.
The M500 is an instant buy of course, it will probably fly better than a brick!

Do you have a link to the Discord to keep up to date?

Hi Luis,

Here is the link, if you search there for M500 you will see some picturesā€¦

Best,
Raul

1 Like

I was hoping for a discussion about how to make great sounds, especially from a developer who has created a nice model from scratch. There are plenty of mods to fly in the sim, but the ones I keep returning to are the ones with the best sounds. I want sounds that are pleasing to the ear, and I am not so concerned if the sounds are the ā€œreal soundsā€. If someone asks about better sounds, it should be a hint that perhaps there is room for improvement.

1 Like

What specifically do you think needs improvement?

1 Like

I used to fly real TL-2000 and I love FSReborn sound. It is simulator after all and the mission of simulator is to stay as close to reality as possible. Try to fly the real TL. But Iā€™m afraid if you will not enjoy her sounds it will be extremely hard to change it :slight_smile:

Anyone had an issue where the chocks get stuck on? Iā€™ve turned them off in the EFB but aircraft wonā€™t move. Had to restart flight

That happened to me some times. Just tap the brakes and the plane starts moving

nope did nothing. On/off the brakes, chocks on/off. Even shut down the engine and restarted, reset all maintenance. Just ended up restarting the sim, that worked.

The sounds are literally the planeā€™s real sounds, but they donā€™t match the perception of what some users want, so some would like to see them changed. Thereā€™s modern flight simming encompassed in one conversation right there. My heart goes out to developers.

8 Likes

Just did my first short flight in this beautiful plane. Very light for sure. She flew great though and is quite an immersive plane. Looking forward to flying it more though.

Need more coffee!

1 Like

Any news on the transparent canopy? Is it planned or possible?

Check the Pad. Thereā€™s an option to have a clear Canopy.

Cheers m Dear.

2 Likes

Not quite true. I remember quite well how the inside sound was as Iā€™ve had a chance to fly in one. I fly sailplanes irl so I was just a passenger. The sound outside pretty much matches what the Rotax engine emits soundwise but the sound inside (with canopy and small side windows closed) is way too subdued. Might match more the situation when wearing headphones or even those with rudimentary noise canceling. When not wearing them the sound is much more like what you hear standing outside allthough a bit quieter. The outside noise is dampened a bit by the acrylic canopy but also travels inside through the instrument panel and the struts that support the motor mount.

Yea this was done ages agoā€¦ it is an option on the tablet / EFB.

R.

Have you had a chance to fly S4 in VR yet? Itā€™s still one of my all time favorite airplanes in the sim and Iā€™d still love to see improved VR mouse tracking.

2 Likes

Interesting choice for the next release by FSreborn, if anyone wants to watch. Theyā€™re previewing it live now.

twotonemurphy - Twitch

2 Likes

Yes, watched a bit of that last night.

Amazing amount of detail for the aircraft and its extras, loved the fueling for example. Also, it was really nice to get behind the development process, how Raul approaches it etc.

Very interesting and great to see such passion.

2 Likes

I told him on his discord that he literally jumped in ranks to my Nā€™1 favorite dev. Unbelievable what he did with this aircraft. The S4 was obviously a prelude for what he was about to unleash.

I mean you can even simulate bird strikes to automatically happen 15 min into the flight and the windshield glass will break (visually and literally) :exploding_head:. You can even see the 3D dent in the broken glass where the strike happened.

Not to mention the incredible depth in the ground services etc.

2 Likes

Aaah! Hadnā€™t got that far into the video, it was late when I was watching.

There really are some great innovations coming now from devs and the bar keeps getting raised. It was good to hear about him getting an idea then bugging Asobo to open up the SDK to allow him to realise it.

The number of good aircraft keeps getting bigger and the choice of which to buy gets harder, so how do you set yourself apart. Innovate!

1 Like