FSReborn Sting S4

Im disappointed about this plane. At the moment i move the mouse out of the game window, controls stop working and the propeller stops. Thats useless for homecockpits. The same happens in the drone view

Not noticed this tbh. Often though friendly communication in the right channels with the main guy is the best way forward :slightly_smiling_face:

Why don’t you mention this on their discord. I’m sure Raul will be only too happy to help you. I find him very supportive and open to ideas. He is clearly very enthusiastic about his product and wants to get it the best it can be. Unfortunately, this thread cannot be a support forum to comply with forum rules but their discord channel has been set up as a way to provide support and exchange ideas :slightly_smiling_face:

That is very odd - if I click on another window I lose keyboard commands but nothing else . Definitely no propeller stopping.

I’ve heard similar problems in the past (not related to particular planes, mostly). There’s a couple distinct possibilities:

• some people have had trouble with axes (sometimes throttle) resetting to 0 during pause, or switching to a menu, or going out of the app and back. I haven’t seen this bug in a while but a related one might remain.

• sometimes if you move mouse to the other monitor and click, a clickable item in the cockpit will register a mistaken click at that time which might turn something off, open the cockpit window, or some other problematic action.

I haven’t encountered either problem with the Sting S4, but I have all my axes set up via SimConnect on spad.next so they might not encounter the same problems as devices set up directly.

Recently i got this airplane and im really enjoying flying it

But after i take off suddenly all the GPS just simply turn off , the flaps go crazy and i cant fly anymore
anyone experiencing something like this?

The airplane is so simple to fly that i have no idea on what might be happening.

cheers

Are you using any external controllers such as the Saitek Switch Panel or the Honeycomb Yoke ?

1 Like

yes ir, the AIRBUS Thrustmaster set

I got this beauty today and have a couple of hours it. It is great!

It’s stable in both pitch and roll, which for me is great because I prefer to hand fly than AP. There doesn’t seem to be any torque moment requiring rudder or aileron trim adjustments - which is handy as it doesn’t seem to have either. These things mean it’s easy to just look around and enjoy the view, and the view is amazing.

I only fly in VR - and this is awesome for VR. Best view of outside of any aircraft in my hangar. Plus the ease of flying it means I can get lost in admiring the amazing scenery that is MSFS2020.

It likes to keep speed, which adds a little challenge to landing in tight spots. This is good, as it would be a little too easy overall without having to manage deceleration.

My only (minor) gripe, is that the tablet is unreadable in VR. I have to go into pancake mode to use it.

I wasn’t expecting it to be so good, glad I got it.

3 Likes

Is the battery flat?

The tablet is very small in VR but using cockpit zoom function, it can be seen and operated easily.

This sounds like you are suffering from an electrical malfunction in the aircraft.

Try replacing the battery via the EFB (Tablet) under maintenance, you can disable these electrical failures via the realism settings on the Tablet.

If this doesn’t resolve your problem, it could be some control assignment set in your MSFS settings, but try the suggestion above first.

R.

1 Like

Hi Lama,

Never heard of this before, please contact me via support@fsreborn.com.

We will need to diagnostic lots of settings and setup in your system, so please when you email me send me all the information about your hardware setup. I have a feeling this is an auto pause or something being triggered by your current configuration.

Regards,
R.

Couple of random circuits in the Sting:

On my system (Quest 2) the colors wash out and I can’t read the green on white. But I like the look of it in pancake, so I just go out of VR to use it. Not a big issue.

Im on Quest 2 and running it through Virtual desktop and, once zoomed in i see it just fine. Virtual desktop allows some very useful colour vibrance adjustment options.

Raul!!! Thankyou for creating this fantastic rendition of the Sting 4. The attention to detail you given is OUTSTANDING!!! How long did it take to create graphically?
Very satisfying to land especially when hearing the chirping of the wheels making contact on the hard runways.
Iv noticed that the tyres and brake pads wear out may be a little too excessively (I have wear on 1X) And may need tweaking a little? Iv clocked about 11 hours (about 15-20 landings) flying her but already my tyres are in the late 60% of wear and about early 70% for the break pads? Iv been fairly gentle with the breaking and have managed to constantly land fairly smoothly. What do you think?

1 Like

Hi There,

The Sting S4 real world pilot that helped me to tweak the wear and tear advice me that he changes the tyres around every 100 hours or about 100 touchdowns (taking 1 hour of flight as an average), to maximize this to 100 hours / touchdowns, he lands very smooth, always tries when posible to do it at less or equal to 100 fps on touch down, so he uses full flaps. So I have tweaked the system on this basis

So watch your touch downs
 the harder you land the more it consumes the tyres, if you are landing at 250 to 300 fps you are consuming pretty much at double of what the real pilot uses. Wind factor making you skew or using high rudder will also consume more the tyres

Regarding the brakes, I also asked how often he changes the brakes, he advised the brakes go fairly quick if you are not careful, he changes the brake between 50 to 100 hours of flight depending how he manages the aircraft and:

• He avoids braking during taxing
 note the IRL POH also warns you against this.
  • He avoids braking as much as posible during landings, the technique he uses is to roll almost to 15kts - 20kts.

As a reference below there is a picture of the brake pads, note the size of the hand / fingers and the screws in comparison to the brake pads size, yes, THEY ARE SUPPER TINY! smaller than the brakes of a bicycle and yet they withstand all the forces when you brake!

Remember in an Ultralight is all about saving weight to meet the laws of each country of the class, so aircraft manufacturer’s will use light materials for everything as much as posible.

Thanks for the positive feedback and welcome to as real as it gets :slight_smile:

R.

11 Likes

OMG, those are the brake pads?! Yep I can see how they would be totally shredded in one use if you’re not careful. Let alone 50-100 hours!

2 Likes

Correct
 as I said many times, I have simulated everything as close as posible
 yes I read the entire maintenance manual, all the versions of the S4 POH, used real pilots as beta testers and many other it took more than a year (about 16 months) to get to release date.

Anything that I could implement with the SDK is simulated, and in many occasions I waited for the next SU to be able to implement things, for example the stall behavior on this aircraft IRL is very particular, it never spins
 it stalls forward
 until SU9 I was not able to do this at all because MSFS default behavior is to asume one wing or another loses the lift. However after asking for better stall control, with SU9 Asobo gave us more power to control the stalls and we are now very close to the real behavior, but yes there is still room for improvement for the stalls. So I will continue to improve the stall behavior, and I think by SU10 or SU11 we should be able to make it 90% as per real world, this is a tricky one, specially being an Ultralight with a glide ratio of 12:1
 this is like a glider with an engine!.

So the more MSFS evolves, the more realism I will be able to bring not only to the S4, but also further products down the line.

Thanks everyone for the great support so far.

Raul.

20 Likes

Wow! I had no idea they would be that small lol. This has given me a deeper understanding and appreciation of this fantastic aircraft. Awesome job Raul.
Will you be adding a whisky glass compass up front like on the real s4 at some point.

1 Like