FSX Freeware Imports

thank you , one shackleton and one jetstream now installed and working
due to the flight sim sound bug i couldnt hear the engines when i flew the shack , but should sort itself out when i restart system but that is a pain is that bug especially with vr systems having to switch audio to the headset from when you enable vr

also rick pipers jetstream is a fantastic cockpit with those couple of gauges missing issue , xx499 i flew in as a cadet out of the METS at finningley in 1985 on an hours trip around the area … the interior was a little bit busier but ricks done justice to those very forgotten aircraft and he always has interesting paint schemes for them , weirdly as another part of that history i know a former pilot from METS who flew jetstreams and dominies from finningley who is now a very senior chap indeed working on virtual reality and training systems for the mob

2 Likes

i have the carenado c337 and that after conversion also has a similar bug where the left aileron keeps dropping regardless of control input , i have tried several ways of converting it in legacy conv but each way it still has the same flaw , also has the same issue of gauges and really spotty textures in a few points and clear view outside others … i suspect it would be a whole load of work to port over correctly and way beyond my ability

That’s strange - was the first result when I Googled. Pretty much all of the Dave Garwood, Rick Piper, Rob Richardson etc stuff will be available at the CBFS library or failing that Sim Outhouse.

Here’s a lot of their stuff

https://cbfsim.co.uk/CBFS_HOME.php

I tried that, too, and thought the same - too much work to sort out.

Rest of post removed by author

Argh… I saw that site, but when it said to click to download photo, I thought the files themselves had been removed! Thank you for making me look a second time at the obvious.

1 Like

I gave up trying to get my Hawks to work

i have a working Hawk T2 for P3d but cant get it to show in MSFS :frowning:
also have a much updated Hawk T1

Rick

2 Likes

Are you using the Quest/2? It can be a pain with audio switching. I’m using my Index for MSFS and as it’s doing a great job I decided not to bother using the Quest 2 - might just be more headaches that I don’t need to put up with.

I’ve found that when using Virtual Desktop wirelessly I have zero issues with audio in Quest 2, but with Link (the Oculus cable plugged into the graphics card) it can be problematic.

I’ve the JustFlight Hawk in MSFS, the external model looks great in sim. Unfortunately the gauges aren’t working as yet.
I’d love to have a T2 in sim too! Have you tried recompiling the model to FSX standard? P3D models won’t show up in MSFS.

1 Like

post removed by author

post removed by author

I believe that native P3D aircraft are invisible in sim. If you open the model file with Notepad ++, for example, does it say MDLXMDLH in the opening line? If so, it’s an FSX sdk compiled model

I have the XP Learjets imported too. I fixed the glareshield issue too.

post removed by author

post removed by author

These look great.
I have been trying to port aircraft over but, I cannot get panels.
Instruments show up but the panel are not existent.
Suggestion please.
Will have to watch your excellent video again.

post removed by author

https://www.facebook.com/LivedoDescontrole/videos/1679313172264008

I don’t use facebook. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for replying.
Got the CBFS Mossie to work, looks good and seems okay but, a little twitchy can live with that.
Tried one of the Carenado aircraft and of course as you say didn’t work, although there are some beauties I would like.
Tried the Beaufighter and the result is in the screen shot. Any thoughts appreciated. If you got it working then I have done something wrong.
Will try others and see what outcomes I get.

Add images

1 Like